The Playstation 5 thread

20 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

No it shouldn't get heated up at all...  Keep it in open space its cool as cucumber..

I keep it inside glass doors and always open the door when playing if not it does get hot and make noise like PS4 Pro..

Its whisper quiet. Huge step up from One X and PS4. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

Got a new PS5 for my nephew during the Aug 26th order. It was delivered today by Amazon. Everything is fine except the yellow-colored warranty is missing. I have checked all crevices and pockets in the box but can't find it. Could there be an issue with warranty in future? What are my options?

Edit: The box was perfectly sealed when I got it. There were two normal tapes and one holographic tape. I have the full unboxing on video.

Edited by TheMonark
Details

2 minutes ago, TheMonark said:

Got a new PS5 for my nephew during the Aug 26th order. It was delivered today by Amazon. Everything is fine except the yellow-colored warranty is missing. I have checked all crevices and pockets in the box but can't find it. Could there be an issue with warranty in future? What are my options?

AFAIK Yellow card is must for Console warranty in India..

Please reach out to Amazon first and then Sony CC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ayush12ice said:

1. What is the best SSD to get for the PS5? WD_BLACK™ SN850 NVMe™ SSD, SAMSUNG 980 PRO PCIe NVMe Gen4 or any other?

2. Does 2 TB SSD make sense given the prices?

1. Some users reported speed issues with the 980 Pro with 1/2 TB models whereas the SN850 runs a bit hot. If possible get the SN850 with heatsink as aftermarket heatsinks quality will vary. If price is no barrier then the Seagate Firecuda 530 is the one to get. Also, once the update goes live we will have a better sample size to make a decision.

2. I have been trying to get the 2 TB version the SN850 for the past month or so but is not available in India yet it seems. Will be using it in PC initially and then maybe the PS5 once my digital library grows.

Assassins Creed
This post was recognized by Assassins Creed!

0verlord was awarded the badge 'Helpful'

Notable Compatible NVMe 4.0 Drives: 

• Samsung 980 Pro - Additional heatsink required, firmware update optional via Magician software
  • WD SN850 With Heatsink
  • WD SN850 - Additional heatsink required
  • Seagate 530 Firecuda
  • Crucial P5 Plus - Additional heatsink required
  • PNY XLR8 - Additional heatsink required
  • Corsair MP600 Pro (You must remove the heatsink that comes with it)
  • Gigabyte Aorus 7000S with Heatsink
  • MSI Spatium M480 - Additional heatsink required
  • Sabarent Rocket 4 Plus - Additional heatsink required

Compatible Heatsinks:

• Be Quiet MC1 (the Pro variant is NOT compatible)
  • MHQJRH Heatsink
  • PELOTE Heatsink
  • Sabrent M.2 NVMe PS5 heatsink (Pre-Order)
  • Warship Pro Heatsink
  • GIGABYTE AORUS External Heatsink

The whole process looks very easy, practically doable without any trouble. Go for it guys..

Edited by 0verlord
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Don’t use 3D audio if you already have a surround system. It downgrades the audio from Dolby to Linear PCB. 3D audio only for those with TV speakers or regular stereo speakers 

To add to this

3d audio is meant for setups where you have 2 speakers, left and right, like headphones and TVs

3d audio stream is delivered to such 2 channel audio devices in high bit-rate linear PCM stereo container 

Dolby and DTS are lossy while linear PCM is near lossless, so 2 channel audio devices benefit significantly from linear PCM than Dolby/DTS

• Like 1