The Playstation 5 thread

20 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Yeah, that could also be possible.

Just out of curiosity,how do you see FF 7 remake over the old game 

A fresh original take or just the same game with new development 

2 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

The chances of getting a PS5 on shopatsc are ridiculously low. Don't even bother trying there unless other places sell out. I'm using a bot this time and Amazon only approach. Manually its extremely difficult. Chances are in the decimals.

Wut?

Just google search for a retailer in your locality. You will be surprised how many small retailers get stock.

I have a retailer just 100 mtrs from where I live. He gets stock. I can just walk in his shop and make the payment on day of restock. And receive console a week later. 

4 hours ago, 0verlord said:

PS5 rendering at NATIVE 8K AT 60FPS:surprise::majesty:

And the most important factor responsible for this as per the developer is the higher clock speeds on the PS5 GPU. @Vaibhavp now you can go back to re-read my posts and accept that I was correct.

This game was written with native PS5 graphics APIs so it's actually using the PS5 hardware properly.

According to discussions with the developer, the game internally renders at 7680x4320 - no temporal super-sampling, no reprojection, no checkerboarding, no AI upscaling. It's full-on 8K i.e. 4320p. 4k is 8.3 million pixels while 8k is 4 times massive 33.2 million pixels per frame. 

In PS5 version, they also improved some visual effects like depth of field effects from XSX version.

it is abundantly clear that PS5 sabke pitaji hai in terms of performance. I've used a telescope, a microscope, a horoscope, a stethoscope etc... I do not see any competitor nearby  :rofl:

XSX and XSS use Xbox One hardware for its I/O data streaming controller. It's true, open your Xbox Series console and you'll see Xbox One written on this component. Imagine using year 2013 hardware in 2021 console.

Meanwhile, PS5 GPU is custom architected and it's I/O hardware and storage tech is custom built and years ahead of tech available today, ahead even of majority of PCs    

"A rising tide lifts all boats" indeed.

and those yet who haven't seen, watch this whole video, where Mark Cerny the PS5 system architect explains the whole concept behind each PS5 component, to understand why PS5 is the mightiest:

Who cares about graphics?

It's all about games.

12 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Wut?

Just google search for a retailer in your locality. You will be surprised how many small retailers get stock.

I have a retailer just 100 mtrs from where I live. He gets stock. I can just walk in his shop and make the payment on day of restock. And receive console a week later. 

This is the best thing to do if you are desperate.. one Sony Center guy was calling me to book order at the times of pre-orders like this so contact the nearest Sony Center if he is taking offline booking and get it done.

3 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

This is the best thing to do if you are desperate.. one Sony Center guy was calling me to book order at the times of pre-orders like this so contact the nearest Sony Center if he is taking offline booking and get it done.

Just make sure they get stock and is dependable.

In my case, I see ps5s stacked in his shop at day of delivery. Its is not even Sony Centre. 

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Just out of curiosity,how do you see FF 7 remake over the old game 

A fresh original take or just the same game with new development 

Its an original take in a lot of ways (both good and bad). I haven't played it yet but from what I have read and heard from friends, it is bloated and stretched in a lot of ways. In the original game, Midgar part was very small. Having stretched it to a couple of dozen hours long game, I can imagine it being bloated.

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Who cares about graphics?

It's all about games.

you asked if PS5’s less CU and more Ghz is better than XSX and it is

in Touryst, XSX does 6k and PS5 does 8k. PS5 is pushing 1.9x more pixels than XSX and better depth of field visual effects. So, PS5’s GPU is at least 2x more powerful than XSX

Just now, 0verlord said:

you asked if PS5’s less CU and more Ghz is better than XSX and it is

in Touryst, XSX does 6k and PS5 does 8k. PS5 is pushing 1.9x more pixels than XSX and better depth of field visual effects. So, PS5’s GPU is at least 2x more powerful than XSX

And better shadow quality as well. 

I'm not sure about it being twice more powerful, but the memory bus not being segmented like it's main competitor also helped. 

Yep similarly if they pick up a generations old IP & reboot it from the very first game with their own original takes with it.....it would be sort of an original development 

Whether they do a scene by scene replica in a new design like RE Raccoon or a bit bloated additions to expand it like FF7 R or a true reboot original take like DmC.

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yep similarly if they pick up a generations old IP & reboot it from the very first game with their own original takes with it.....it would be sort of an original development 

Whether they do a scene by scene replica in a new design like RE Raccoon or a bit bloated additions to expand it like FF7 R or a true reboot original take like DmC.

It would be an original take technically but them having specifically coming out and saying that they are working on something original, I doubt this is what they meant. We will see but I highly doubt it

Just now, Sach4life said:

It would be an original take technically but them having specifically coming out and saying that they are working on something original, I doubt this is what they meant. We will see but I highly doubt it

In that very comment they specified they consider their past work as “partially original” already. 

So something beyond that sort of replication would be considered even more original,by their own standards. 

I also say this because they have zero experience in storytelling as of yet & lack the creative & concept building blocks as of yet to create something totally from scratch. 

So a reboot now & a fresh sequel maybe after that would make more sense in their evolutionary process.

Let’s see what it really is & if it has any relation to what Sony & Kojima have been jointly teasing. 

I went to all the local stores. Shopatsc, chroma, reliance etc. At shopatsc the dude said that they dont get stock in stores. The PS5's go to some warehouse and after the orders r placed online they ship to nearest store that ships it to customer. Reliance said no stock during a restock. Chroma said that entire south India branch of chroma received 37 units and refused to book.