The Playstation 5 thread

4 hours ago, AnK said:

Promo out of the blue?!?

Sequel incoming?!? 

I am so hoping for this. Currently in my 2nd play through playing parallel to division 2. Love it. Most under rated game ever made. 2nd best game on my list. (All who got a heart attach, chill. Haven't played GoW, TLOU Series, GoT etc. cause some r on PS+ and I just have a few games so didn't buy yet. Played rdr2 and tw3 tho. Those rank 11 and 8 respectively) Was so disappointed when I heard they canceled days gone. Then found out it was postponed and only/temp reject. Here's hoping. It seems they will take their sweet time with this to make it 100% bug free and address other issues (occording to some stuff I read in some comments on the net somehwere). The bugs were extremely minor and I encountered like 2 very minor ones tops. Just hope it isn't canceled. The secret ending was a mind blowing cliff hanger.

They keep posting stuff like this time and again and seeing how they are busy with marvel games I don't see another resistance any time soon or ever may be..

But boy the trilogy on ps3 was so good...

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

They have too many studios now 

Nixxes in particular masters in porting & remasters 

I think they should bring some of their best cell architecture work to PC & PS4/5. 

Killzone,Resistance & Infamous in particular….get MGS4 somehow too.

9 hours ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

Most under rated game ever made. Just hope it isn't canceled. The secret ending was a mind blowing cliff hanger.

It had a rough start….& could have used a round of delay or something to iron things out 

along with that they maybe could have reduced the game length & could have gotten 7.5-9 instead or 6-7.5. 

If someone plays it today definitely wouldn’t rate it below 7.5-8 as all the technical issues were fixed with patches.

It was a solid effort & payed off well too with good word of mouth (post patches) & a good enough fan base,they should definitely let them make a polished & refined sequel.

11 hours ago, gecko89 said:

They do this everytime but stop yourself from getting a KLPD because it's just a throwback pic nothing else.

With the next Spodey sequel game and Wolverine they have no time.

46 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Stop it. People will not take your PS5 love seriously. You supported Xbox way too much. Your ps love fake. 

Lol

lol I changed my camp based on performance across many games and

currently playing Miles Morales and it's a beauty especially the cut scenes which are jaw-dropping ... Rift Apart, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Miles Morales - they just stand apart becoz of

1) next gen visuals

2) dual sense haptics

3) 3d audio (I have proper high-end audiophile headphones and dac/amp setup)

when above 3 come together, no other stands a chance

Xbox - I support Gamepass (and solid controller) becoz of value. Earlier I owned only XSX so naturally I defended and it was an underdog despite having 2 more TFs. Everyone roots for the underdog. 

what I love is custom hardware like PS3 cell CPU which was ingeniously designed and a monster. PS5 is similarly custom designed hardware, ingenious and a monster to be unlocked. If you are impressed by Rift Apart, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Miles Morales ... PS5 says this isn't even my final form :devil:

26 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

1) next gen visuals

2) dual sense haptics

Xbox - I support Gamepass (and solid controller) becoz of value. Earlier I owned only XSX so naturally I defended and it was an underdog despite having 2 more TFs. Everyone roots for the underdog. 

What audio rig are you using?

Also how do you connect it to xbox? I am noticing not every dac works with xbox.

Also what is sound difference are you noticing between xbox and ps in terms of sound quality?

35 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

What audio rig are you using?

Also how do you connect it to xbox? I am noticing not every dac works with xbox.

Also what is sound difference are you noticing between xbox and ps in terms of sound quality?

I am using Hifiman Sundara, an open-back planar magnetic headphone with Creative Soundblaster G3, a UAC 1 standard dac/amp which is connected to the back USB port of PS5 and also using a 12 feet 3.5mm jack extension cable 

both Xbox and PS don’t support UAC 2 standard dac/amps which are prevalent everywhere 

on XSX, I directly connect the Sundara to controller jack as it provides sufficient power to drive them 

PS5’s 3d Tempest audio is fantastic with next gen games with excellent sound positioning and directionality 

XSX also outputs very good sound but Dolby Atmos for headphones with Xbox falls short of Tempest audio quality in my opinion. 

6 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I am using Hifiman Sundara, an open-back planar magnetic headphone with Creative Soundblaster G3, a UAC 1 standard dac/amp which is connected to the back USB port of PS5 and also using a 12 feet 3.5mm jack extension cable 

both Xbox and PS don’t support UAC 2 standard dac/amps which are prevalent everywhere 

on XSX, I directly connect the Sundara to controller jack as it provides sufficient power to drive them 

PS5’s 3d Tempest audio is fantastic with next gen games with excellent sound positioning and directionality 

XSX also outputs very good sound but Dolby Atmos for headphones with Xbox falls short of Tempest audio quality in my opinion. 

Tempest audio is not supported by Tv’s right? Only through headphones?

59 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

So you are plugging in planar magnetic cans in your xbox controller and expecting miracles. 

I tried my audeze EL8 via xbox controller jack. These are much more sensetive. Still sound atrocious.

Thing is, if you have cans that are highly resolving and accurate, why do you need digital processing like tempest audio?

I plug in my AKG k550 directly in hp out of my monitor since my dac is not supported. It's a huge upgrade over plugging directly in controller. 

There real sense of depth to soundstage you can get immersed in. 

18 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

your xbox controller and expecting miracles

I bought Dolby Atmos for headphones license on Xbox. Selected games like Gears 5, Shadow of the Tomb Raider which I am currently playing are natively recorded in Dolby Atmos for headphones. That’s what I am comparing it to. And controller provides sufficient power for it to be loud enough. So I don’t see the issue. Dualsense jack has low volume so, needs a dac/amp

23 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

why do you need digital processing like tempest audio?

For good imaging. Without it, the soundtrack would be plain 2 channel stereo  

basically, what we need sufficient volume and good imaging. 

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

lol I changed my camp based on performance across many games and

currently playing Miles Morales and it's a beauty especially the cut scenes which are jaw-dropping ... Rift Apart, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Miles Morales - they just stand apart becoz of

1) next gen visuals

2) dual sense haptics

what I love is custom hardware like PS3 cell CPU which was ingeniously designed and a monster. PS5 is similarly custom designed hardware, ingenious and a monster to be unlocked. If you are impressed by Rift Apart, Demon's Souls, Returnal, Miles Morales ... PS5 says this isn't even my final form :devil:

It's not custom, CPU and GPU are x86 provided by AMD.

Unless you mean the I/O Complex that is :rofl:

btw for the first like 2-3 years after PS3 release it was getting slapped around by the 360 because of that same custom cell CPU, multiplat games weren't getting ported to it.

You couldn't even have BC on PS3 later versions because it was hard to emulate the PS2 games on PS3.

Thank god both PS4/PS5 have x86 base.

24 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

not custom

It is custom. it’s not off-the-shelf cpu, gpu combination that you can buy off Amazon

For example, for gpu, number of CUs and clock speeds have been tweaked. It’s also variable clock speed design keeping power constant 

PS5 system architecture team sat down with AMD team and designed a custom solution 

Edited by 0verlord

26 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

same custom cell CPU

same custom cell CPU enabled the creation of Uncharted 2 and 3, God of War 3, The Last of Us

ye games baap hai sabke, baap

Edited by 0verlord
Forgot to add the word “custom”