The Playstation 5 thread

45 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

No i mean add Ultimate edition from PS4 then upgrade me to nextgen version when i login to PS5, since Control website clearly says you are entitled to get upgrade free even with plus version if you have ultimate edition in your library. 

Dick move by Remedy/Sony if it does say that. But where? I don't see it.

Edit: Never mind, answered above :) 

Edited by gecko89

Everybody & their mom’s know by now that PS5 versions of any game can not be claimed from a PS4. 

Either a PS5 or Web Store. 

Much less someone who is active on the forums dedicated to gaming as deep as redit & GAF or whatever it’s called. 

Sad though if you actually didn’t as no one would purposely miss out on the best version.  

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

From the Control website

Since you didnt buy it and didnt claim the PS5 version when it was given out, Sony doesnt owe you sh*t. Take your rant elsewhere

Yeah the free version doesn't get the upgrade just like FF7R. Sucks but what can you do? Remedy made a specific PS4 version just for PS+ just like Square, one that can't be upgraded. The alternative is to stop giving big name games and instead give out absolute tatti games like Gold.

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

From the Control website

Since you didnt buy it and didnt claim the PS5 version when it was given out, Sony doesnt owe you sh*t. Take your rant elsewhere

Lmao.. this sh*t is stupid 

Remedy are Assholes… 

They did the same sh*t when control UE launched 

16 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah the free version doesn't get the upgrade just like FF7R. Sucks but what can you do? Remedy made a specific PS4 version just for PS+ just like Square, one that can't be upgraded. The alternative is to give out absolute tatti games like Gold.

FF7 R didn’t get upgrade coz FF7 R SKU is not present on PS5 

it’s only FF7 R Intergrade SKU that’s been released for PS5 

Control UE on the other hand had an SKU for both PS4 & 5 so both were given away with PSPlus 

Same with Hunter’s Arena & Plague Tales 

It’s just that PS5 PSplus games can never be redeemed on PS4 & it’s common knowledge,PS4 system redirects you to default PS4 SKU only. 

PS5 SKU is the one that provides

entitlement & it can’t be accessed on a PS4 Plus instant collection.
Our boy here got confused I think.

To be honest it is!! a bit f**ked & Sony could use some better planning.

Edited by AnK

14 minutes ago, AnK said:

FF7 R didn’t get upgrade coz FF7 R SKU is not present on PS5 

it’s only FF7 R Intergrade SKU that’s been released for PS5 

Control UE on the other hand had an SKU for both PS4 & 5 so both were given away with PSPlus 

Same with Hunter’s Arena & Plague Tales 

It’s just that PS5 PSplus games can never be redeemed on PS4 & it’s common knowledge,PS4 system redirects you to default PS4 SKU only. 

PS5 SKU is the one that provides

entitlement & it can’t be accessed on a PS4 Plus instant collection.
Our boy here got confused I think.

To be honest it is!! a bit f**ked & Sony could use some better planning.

Base FF7R has a PS5 SKU for people who own PS4 version. The one you play on PS5 is not PS4 version through BC.

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

its trash alongside the save and region lock thing . 

To be honest they are only doing good coz they have most of the games that ppl want to play day 1 or as early as possible. 

3 hours ago, Snake said:

From the Control website

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/1/27/22252475/control-free-date-ps-plus-playstation-ps5-ultimate-edition

Free Plus version was eligible for upgrade as per Remedy, just you have to separately add both versions to your library. Some people who were on PS4 thought once they will claim PS4 version then they will be entitled for upgrade on PS5 as well. There are multiple threads on reddit about it. Now people who follow PS news and every  information hardcore they were aware but not everyone. 

This dumb upgrade system needs to be called out and not to be defended especially when competition is doing much better job of it.

My rant was legit but im ready to move on now. I said what i wanted to say.

Edited by WhiteWolf

2 hours ago, hsk_colossus said:

SKU this SKU that …. Point is the whole system regarding upgrades is not very good 

PS2 era region locking sh*t still exist f**king stupid.

Sony only good at first party games and hardware but totally incompetent at everything else. 

Edited by WhiteWolf

32 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/1/27/22252475/control-free-date-ps-plus-playstation-ps5-ultimate-edition

Free Plus version was eligible for upgrade as per Remedy, just you have to separately add both versions to your library. Some people who were on PS4 thought once they will claim PS4 version then they will be entitled for upgrade on PS5 as well. There are multiple threads on reddit about it. Now people who follow PS news and every  information hardcore they were aware but not everyone. 

This dumb upgrade system needs to be called out and not to be defended especially when competition is doing much better job of it.

My rant was legit but im ready to move on now. I said what i wanted to say.

So you didn’t own a PS5, downloaded the PS4 version and now want a free upgrade which is only available to people who bought it. Now where in the article does it say that the free  PS plus PS4 version will also get the PS5 version for free.

You got only yourself to blame 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

add Ultimate edition from PS4 then upgrade me to nextgen version when i login to PS5

what's atrocious is the fact that you and others who claimed PS5 UE at the right time, paid the SAME amount of money but still treated differently WTF :bash:

you paid for ps plus, they paid same

you paid for ps5, they paid same

so why treat different? 

4 hours ago, Snake said:

So you didn’t own a PS5, downloaded the PS4 version and now want a free upgrade which is only available to people who bought it. Now where in the article does it say that the free  PS plus PS4 version will also get the PS5 version for free.

You got only yourself to blame 

No free upgrade is available to all Plus user(ps4 and ps5) who added Ultimate edition to their library . Its just on PS there are 2 separate installs for Ultimate edition. So you have to manually add both versions to your library to get both versions.  I was not aware of two separate installs for both versions. I just thought PS4 ultimate edition will allow me to get PS5 version as well since PS5 version was also part PSN plus in February along with PS4 version. 

For last time. Ultimate edition for both platforms was available to everyone who subscribed to Plus not just who bought it. Just Separate installation required you to manually add both versions to your library. 

Come on just check Reddit post i posted

Edited by WhiteWolf