The Playstation 5 thread

So he said that the tape on the underside of the brown Amazon box seemed to be loose on his 2nd inspection. Meaning that there is a high chance the box was opened from the underside. May be a scam in which the delivery boy is involved. This was shipped from Bhiwandi near Mumbai to Gurgaon. 

How they were able to reattach the Sony seal is beyond me. 

16 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

There are 2 sticker seals on the Ps5 box. One is the branded embossed sticker and other an ordinary one. 

But theres no sticker on the underside of the PS box which I suspect is how it was removed without disturbing the Sony seals.

Yeah… not buying high value items from Amazon unless absolutely necessary 

I remember day 1 India buyers had their box seals broken, and another official seal put in its place. That was to keep the day 1 certificate I think.

This seems like either done at the seller end, or someone in the middle who got hold of these seals, because opening from the bottom seems quite difficult without breaking or tearing the box.

Anyway, with open box delivery at least you get to report the moment you recieve it from the deliverer, if you don't provide the OTP it never gets confirmed as delivered. Not perfect but better than hassle of receiving, raising compliant, waiting for investigation, cc response and resolution. 

I think they open the boxes here officially before sealing them again. There is a big cutout at the bottom of the box where the sony india warranty card is placed, dunno if it was there during the launch period. Secondly in the unit I got, the power cable had a BIS tag. 

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

The PS5 I ordered for my friend too was also fake. Linking the full thread below. Never happened to me on Amazon before today. Damn! And he had bought a new FIFA too, can't play it now :|

Wow. That's insane. And a first for a big item. 

3 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

The PS5 I ordered for my friend too was also fake. Linking the full thread below. Never happened to me on Amazon before today. Damn! And he had bought a new FIFA too, can't play it now :|

video should have been better for a more concrete case, this video has these weaknesses

1) amazon's cardboard box opened beforehand

2) bottom of the ps5 box not shown as sealed

but this is serious massive ball-shriveling f**kup if true

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

video should have been better for a more concrete case, this video has these weaknesses

1) amazon's cardboard box opened beforehand

Yeah.. 

If they decided to film it anyway, why not film the unboxing of the cardboard box? 

But this totally f**ked up if true. 

7 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Either the ops division is overseen by a bunch of incompetent morons or this is clearly an inside job. This has been going on for a while and I am absolutely surprised as to why Amazon really isn't doing anything to fix this problem. 

32 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Either the ops division is overseen by a bunch of incompetent morons or this is clearly an inside job. This has been going on for a while and I am absolutely surprised as to why Amazon really isn't doing anything to fix this problem. 

One thing I know is that a lot of people has quit their jobs worldwide and amazon/FK is no exception. Even their customer support is not responding. They could be struggling to fill vacant positions in the Supply and delivery chains with skilled manpower so there are bound to be lapses. They have been hiring third party deliverers like Delhivery to reduce their burden. 

8 hours ago, b!T said:

Can't imagine the frustration of waiting for a new console and experiencing this.

Even worse is the Stress of what could happen further.

4 hours ago, b!T said:

I never take a video of unboxing but I think it would be smart to start doing it.

I have always taken a video of unboxing of anything thats above 5k value. I even made a video of my DualSense unboxing. No taking risks.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

One thing I know is that a lot of people has quit their jobs worldwide and amazon/FK is no exception. Even their customer support is not responding. They could be struggling to fill vacant positions in the Supply and delivery chains with skilled manpower so there are bound to be lapses. They have been hiring third party deliverers like Delhivery to reduce their burden. 

Ironically Amazon and FK made record profits during the pandemic while brick and mortar stores suffered. Do you mean people voluntarily quit during the pandemic? Or that they were laid off?

For a firm that has cutting edge technology in the software domain, it's surprising that they haven't implemented a basic workflow that checks even the weight of items being returned/shipped.

2 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Ironically Amazon and FK made record profits during the pandemic while brick and mortar stores suffered. Do you mean people voluntarily quit during the pandemic? Or that they were laid off?

For a firm that has cutting edge technology in the software domain, it's surprising that they haven't implemented a basic workflow that checks even the weight of items being returned/shipped.

People are voluntary quitting in record numbers during the pandemic especially in the service sector. 

They have cutting edge technology but they still need human supervision. 

When is the next restock i freakin got a notification it's in stock on FK and wasn't even awake of a restock.

Which offline stores will have a restock. I wanna buy a TV so maybe i can chum up to to the store with 2 products?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

When is the next restock i freakin got a notification it's in stock on FK and wasn't even awake of a restock.

Which offline stores will have a restock. I wanna buy a TV so maybe i can chum up to to the store with 2 products?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

If you have a Vijay Sales store in your city, that’s your fastest option from what I’m seeing. Lotta people or r/IndianGaming posted about getting their consoles early. Some claim they got it on the 6th itself.  And tbh, will save you a lot of worry on what you’ll get in the box when you order a PS5, as opposed to Amazon or Flipkart these days. 

As to when the next restock is, can’t say for sure. Up until September it was the 26th of every month and then we had the sale on October 4 instead of a September sale. But there’s been announcements well  in advance so it won’t be a last-minute thing. The random Telegram notifications you’re getting for consoles are one-offs. 

Edited by CtrlAltDev93

11 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Holy crap. Man I'd be literally crying. Dafuq. After Dualshock 2, was this a f**king rusty old amp? 

True story, we got a used mop from Amazon last month :roflroll: Like who the f**k used the mop and then returned it?