The Playstation 5 thread

The PS5 I ordered for my friend too was also fake. Linking the full thread below. Never happened to me on Amazon before today. Damn! And he had bought a new FIFA too, can't play it now :|

Who was the seller ? If it was cloudtail india then i am shocked if official amazon sellers have resorted to scamming customers and that too on holiday season to ruin the festivities.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

If you have a Vijay Sales store in your city, that’s your fastest option from what I’m seeing. Lotta people or r/IndianGaming posted about getting their consoles early. Some claim they got it on the 6th itself.  And tbh, will save you a lot of worry on what you’ll get in the box when you order a PS5, as opposed to Amazon or Flipkart these days. 

As to when the next restock is, can’t say for sure. Up until September it was the 26th of every month and then we had the sale on October 4 instead of a September sale. But there’s been announcements well  in advance so it won’t be a last-minute thing. The random Telegram notifications you’re getting for consoles are one-offs. 
Where can i track it. I'm going tv hunting tomorrow. Will be going to shops like VS. So are ps5 going to be on sale there in some shady way? I heard a local RD was pulling a shady PS5 dealing where they were overpricing it or forcing customers to buy added stuff with ps5. Now i hear they may not be doing it IDK.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Where can i track it. I'm going tv hunting tomorrow. Will be going to shops like VS. So are ps5 going to be on sale there in some shady way? I heard a local RD was pulling a shady PS5 dealing where they were overpricing it or forcing customers to buy added stuff with ps5. Now i hear they may not be doing it IDK.

@NitroNeo A lot of the local Sony Centres are still bundling stuff. One Official Retail Partner is scalping a Disc PS5 for 65,000/- and Digital for 56,000/-.

I am paraphrasing what the Owner of that store said to my nephew "either buy it at this price or best of luck buying online." I got the Digital for him during the last drop but Amazon shipped it from Bhiwandi, so expect to see the unboxing video of an actual PS5 not a customer scam. 

Please do not hate only the companies (an individual can be as or more scummy than a company), read the older articles of how people were scamming amazon, flipkart, snapdeal, etc. during 2013-2015. Quite a few of them refused to service certain pincodes.

Edit: Personally, I hate the way amazon treats their warehouse staff. I do not buy from them unless I have no other viable option. I have no love for any of the online retailers (and some offline retailers).

Edited by silica

[mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] A lot of the local Sony Centres are still bundling stuff. One Official Retail Partner is scalping a Disc PS5 for 65,000/- and Digital for 56,000/-.

I am paraphrasing what the Owner of that store said to my nephew "either buy it at this price or best of luck buying online." I got the Digital for him during the last drop but Amazon shipped it from Bhiwandi, so expect to see the unboxing video of an actual PS5 not a customer scam. 

Please do not hate only the companies (an individual can be as or more scummy than a company), read the older articles of how people were scamming amazon, flipkart, snapdeal, etc. during 2013-2015. Quite a few of them refused to service certain pincodes.

Edit: Personally, I hate the way amazon treats their warehouse staff. I do not buy from them unless I have no other viable option. I have no love for any of the online retailers (and some offline retailers).
I did not get you there does shipping from bhiwandi guarantee it won't be a fake ps5? I did not get a reply from the OP of the fake ps5 poster but it seems the seller most likely is cloudtail india. If so they should replace it no questions asked.

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

I did not get you there does shipping from bhiwandi guarantee it won't be a fake ps5? I did not get a reply from the OP of the fake ps5 poster but it seems the seller most likely is cloudtail india. If so they should replace it no questions asked.

It was most likely a scam done by a customer, not perpetrated by Amazon.

Isn't the poster a Ivg member. So we jave scamsters here as well. That's it I'm never getting a PS5 at this rate [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Isn't the poster a Ivg member. So we jave scamsters here as well. That's it I'm never getting a PS5 at this rate emoji23.png

Just google how people replace products and return the wrong one in the box. If the online seller did not check properly when the item was returned, then an unfortunate customer will receive the wrong product, but in the correct packaging.

@rushaboswal will be better able to answer this type of fraud than I.

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I don’t know if they have any stock they’re selling atm but when stocks do get announced, you can book through their website or call them to have them book one for you. Afaik, they’re not bundling the consoles. Considering you’re buying a TV as well, you could actually convince them to set aside a console during the next sale. 

I don’t know if they have any stock they’re selling atm but when stocks do get announced, you can book through their website or call them to have them book one for you. Afaik, they’re not bundling the consoles. Considering you’re buying a TV as well, you could actually convince them to set aside a console during the next sale. 
Does kohinoor sell PS5 as well. I'll try asking them

3 hours ago, silica said:

Just google how people replace products and return the wrong one in the box. If the online seller did not check properly when the item was returned, then an unfortunate customer will receive the wrong product, but in the correct packaging.

@rushaboswal will be better able to answer this type of fraud than I.

That box had a sony seal on the front. So looks like a amazon mistake more likely bro. But yeah i have seen what you are saying , happening a lot. 
like people biy screen guards apply it and say they received a broken one get refunded instantly. One of the guy replace an Apple Original charger with 120 wala charger and returned. I know this because i have daily contact with shipping people and man the level of scams some people pull of is astonishing. 

6 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Wherever you are buying tje TV, tell them you'll buy it only with the ps5, if they can arrange one in the next drop you will happily buy both 

Wherever you are buying tje TV, tell them you'll buy it only with the ps5, if they can arrange one in the next drop you will happily buy both 
But that is assuming ps5 comes back before diwali. Don't wanna miss out on diwali tv firesale.

10 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Who was the seller ? If it was cloudtail india then i am shocked if official amazon sellers have resorted to scamming customers and that too on holiday season to ruin the festivities.

Yes cloudtail. Hence the surprise.

7 hours ago, silica said:

Maybe someone had switched it and sent it back as a return. Then we drew the short straw. Or could be the courier guy too, who knows...

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Isn't the poster a Ivg member. So we jave scamsters here as well. That's it I'm never getting a PS5 at this rate emoji23.png

Better to to get it late than get a wrong product. 

Just saying, what are the chances you unbox your PS5 while making video when you are not a youtuber or something? 

Also, the SEAL sticker can be removed nicely with a HEAT GUN. 
Bottom seal never been shown in video.
Amazon box was already open. 

Nice scam though, from whichever side that is...seller or customer.

Edited by SaiKO

3 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Just saying, what are the chances you unbox your PS5 while making video when you are not a youtuber or something? 

Also, the SEAL sticker can be removed nicely with a HEAT GUN. 

Nice scam though, from whichever side that is...seller or customer.

I made unboxing of my dualsense too. A lot of people do it. To be extra cautious . Also made a video of iphone 12 mini even when it was an open box delivery .

12 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Yes cloudtail. Hence the surprise.

Maybe someone had switched it and sent it back as a return. Then we drew the short straw. Or could be the courier guy too, who knows...

Better to to get it late than get a wrong product. 

Chances of Amazon doing the scam is unlikely as they should have quality checks in place before anything leaves warehouse.

I thought return wasn't an option for consoles ? During return the courier guy also checks what are you returning, Is it the same product etc.

Such scams are being mostly done at local level courier distribution center.. there was a video running around where he is checking boxes which is not his job...