The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Any ANALyst is also retarded who thinks new acquisitions should yield fruits in one year even when they continued to serve existing contracts with competition..

Yes I agree…anyone who thinks that is retard. 

But someone who tries to defend a no show from studios acquired/set up in 2018….almost 3.5 years,is also retard.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2021 at 10:18 AM, Channu said:

Guys, need a suggestion for racing game on PS5. I used to play split screen Ridge racer 7 on PS3 with my cousins and will be great if you guys can suggest something similar.

Also, I have MK XL from plus collection but it simply doesn't allows 2 player! The player mode selection screen simply skips and goes to select faction and battle screen. Is this how it is, only online ?

Crash team racing nitro fueled [best arcade racing game ever made], the new hot wheels game, sonic all star racing, maybe dirt 5 forget if it has split screen.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

Another pc-ps exclusive? 

Dayuuuum give me fukin PS5 already, missing out on Tales of arise and now this.

Btw i can't find any rumors of sony releasing a PS5 with better storage like 1.5TB. CarbonCore said it would be of double jump so like 825 to 1.65TB that is how it was architectured. I don't care just give me more than 1.2TB so i get 1 TB of usable onboard storage, this matters to me since PS5 only allows gameplay to be stored on internal ssd, so since i want to create content i need storage that can house my games and creative content.

After a year sony fukin want me to use 667GB of usable storage in 2021. This was criminal even in 2013. 1TB should be base norm right now with more and more games like RDR2[100GB], Some COD Game [200GB], Final Fantasy 15[100GB] and many other games like these.

21 minutes ago, Stargaryen said:

Anyone knows why the Other section is taking so much space on my ps5. Is this same with everyone or should I try a system reset.

https://imgur.com/wwh2gVL

I have nothing on download and no disc inserted, just few ps4/ps5 games rn.

If there is any option of “Rebuild Database” on PS5 safe mode,try that. 

I can’t be sure coz I don’t own one. 
But I fixed this problem on my PS4pro by doing that. 

Basically it’s temp files & data that has been left behind by too much data usage/deletion. 
Unfortunately PS os is bad at managing that. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stargaryen said:

Anyone knows why the Other section is taking so much space on my ps5. Is this same with everyone or should I try a system reset.

I actually see 45 GB, so thats definitely lot more.. do a full format/reset perhaps and try 

• Thanks 1

Trying out “Rebuild Database” before “Full Format” would be a wiser option. 

Rebuilding Database just cleans your PS from unwanted or corrupt data without touching your normal active games,save data & settings. 

1 hour ago, Stargaryen said:

Anyone knows why the Other section is taking so much space on my ps5.

Don’t keep PS4 games on your internal SSD. 

Move them to external HDD and this “Other” space is reduced to under 15 gb. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/31/2021 at 11:53 AM, Stargaryen said:

I literally posted about this here last week, some fanbois didn't spread the fire though.

This is a major issue sony needs to address, anyone using a hard drive or ssd other than internal PS5 SSD is affected, idk about those who only use internal SSD. If this is not resolved ps5 will have many storage related issues in future. Already the age old issue of ps4 version of a game being downloaded instead of ps5 version has creeped up again, read an article on it by some gaming publication.

Series X is stable but lacks any good first party except the usual forza and halo games, PS5 has great games but system is still in Public BETA version and early adapters are unpaid BETA testers. Seriously i need to get a PS5 badly but this cheap BS is not what i expect from a japanese company, they shouldn't have non japanese as head of playstation, all they do is put their cheap arse work ethics on people, the only person i'd gladly accept as head of PS who isn't japanese is Mark Cerny, the guy can whoop arses into making the system work the cost we spend, i want to buy it once and never think of upgrading it or anything on it again, with Series X technically that's possible and it's a american company those should be troublemakers to consumers, but here we are and a japanese company can't keep up the high standards of japan that we are taught time and again while learning japanese and prepping for their job listings.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

@NitroNeo It's actually fine to get a PS5. Yes, storage is less. But games are also far more optimized. So games that would be 100 GB on the PS4 gen (or even on the XSX) are only around 30 GB on the PS5. It's only the PS4 BC games that you have to worry about (Those that are not optimized for the PS5 - like say Last of Us 2), and I don't think you will keep a lot of those installed on the SSD at any one time (Just put those on an external HDD, they don't get too many benefits like less load times even if you put it on Internal SSD).

in the very near future, you can just get a 3rd party SSD that is compatible with PS5 specs (If your library reaches that big). It should also be far cheaper to get the 3rd party SSD rather than waiting for a new PS5 SKU (If it ever comes that is).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I literally posted about this here last week, some fanbois didn't spread the fire though.

This is a major issue sony needs to address, anyone using a hard drive or ssd other than internal PS5 SSD is affected, idk about those who only use internal SSD. If this is not resolved ps5 will have many storage related issues in future. Already the age old issue of ps4 version of a game being downloaded instead of ps5 version has creeped up again, read an article on it by some gaming publication.

Series X is stable but lacks any good first party except the usual forza and halo games, PS5 has great games but system is still in Public BETA version and early adapters are unpaid BETA testers. Seriously i need to get a PS5 badly but this cheap BS is not what i expect from a japanese company, they shouldn't have non japanese as head of playstation, all they do is put their cheap arse work ethics on people, the only person i'd gladly accept as head of PS who isn't japanese is Mark Cerny, the guy can whoop arses into making the system work the cost we spend, i want to buy it once and never think of upgrading it or anything on it again, with Series X technically that's possible and it's a american company those should be troublemakers to consumers, but here we are and a japanese company can't keep up the high standards of japan that we are taught time and again while learning japanese and prepping for their job listings.

That's coz majority of those who have don't consider this a huge problem. Like roun90 said above, game compression is quite superior compared to competitors, you can store more games despite having smaller ssd. Sony has licensed built in Kraken compression support. 

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-vs-Xbox-Series-X-Kraken-gets-cracking-with-Control-and-gives-the-PS5-an-almost-40-smaller-file-size-to-store.518282.0.html

I don't think the CEO has the say on how much storage is to be provided by default. Like someone else said, the console is designed such that we'd have multiples of 825, which would drive up the production cost considerably. These decisions are likely taken by System Architects, like Cerny, who probably also decided to get platform wide oodle kraken support on hardware level considering the smaller SSD. 

[mention=9246]NitroNeo[/mention] It's actually fine to get a PS5. Yes, storage is less. But games are also far more optimized. So games that would be 100 GB on the PS4 gen (or even on the XSX) are only around 30 GB on the PS5. It's only the PS4 BC games that you have to worry about (Those that are not optimized for the PS5 - like say Last of Us 2), and I don't think you will keep a lot of those installed on the SSD at any one time (Just put those on an external HDD, they don't get too many benefits like less load times even if you put it on Internal SSD).

in the very near future, you can just get a 3rd party SSD that is compatible with PS5 specs (If your library reaches that big). It should also be far cheaper to get the 3rd party SSD rather than waiting for a new PS5 SKU (If it ever comes that is).
Sadly 3rd party SSDs or external HDDs on PS5 can only store games. If you are into content creation then they don't save your recordings or images. Oh yeah nor do they save save data of ganes which totally sucks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

This might help your cause 

https://www.change.org/

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Sadly 3rd party SSDs or external HDDs on PS5 can only store games. If you are into content creation then they don't save your recordings or images. Oh yeah nor do they save save data of ganes which totally sucks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

The reasons you are stating are in no way credible reasons not to buy a PS5. 

Yes it’s not as QOL fulfilling as SX but it more than makes up those shortcomings in other more meaningful departments. 

You can easily keep your internal SSD free by buying external devices.

& Once your content has been created & uploaded at appropriate portal it has no reason to be sitting in SSD forever. 

Not wanting to buy a device is completely ok,even I don’t feel the need atm but I don’t keep telling myself it’s cons to keep myself away. 

What's the cheapest and good lasting option to expand the storage. I'm reffering to the m.2 expansion that they unlocked for the extra slot. I wanna do it but its pretty expensive. 500GB tops. Doubt I'll do it but info will still be helpful.

Edited by Horizon Days Dawn

16 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

What's the cheapest and good lasting option to expand the storage. I'm reffering to the m.2 expansion that they unlocked for the extra slot. I wanna do it but its pretty expensive. 500GB tops. Doubt I'll do it but info will still be helpful.

I keep seeing WD Black SN850 500 GB for sale around 7 or 8k and I saw a guy sell an OEM one for 6k on TE. It’s the most reliable internal SSD of the lot. I would suggest you not go for the cheapest option because the specs are suggested with longevity in mind so down the line you will see the effects of skipping out on the faster memory. SN850 or 980 Pro - pick either one and forget about storage issues for the console’s life span 

• Thanks 1

If what the PS5 does in terms of compression was done by xbox then all these retard sony bhakts would be at microsoft's throat for giving just 667GB usable storage. Use all the hahas you want, you own the PS5 i don't, cry a fukin river offline where you don't have your online buddies to gang up on users who don't share your retarded opinion.

Edited by NitroNeo
  • Like 2