The Playstation 5 thread

26 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

If what the PS5 does in terms of compression was done by xbox then all these retard sony bhakts would be at microsoft's throat for giving just 667GB usable storage. Use all the hahas you want, you own the PS5 i don't, cry a fukin river offline where you don't have your online buddies to gang up on users who don't share your retarded opinion.

You need to calm down.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

You need to calm down.

This was not directed towards you, the other members who are migrating from TV thread have continuously targeted my posts in other threads, they can get away squat clean. And there is nothing wrong with me making valid logical points, the other storage in PS5 is randomly eating up memory, the video i posted highlights the matter and for some reason people want to laugh it off instead of letting it be a pre purchase safe warning for those interested in PS5, further 667GB is shamefully low storage in 2021 no matter how anyone sugercoats it with compression gimmicks. When big games come and they will, these same people will be nowhere to be seen, and FYI 1TB SN850 is as costly as adding 825GB more storage in PS5 by sony themselves.

So i'd have sony give us a 1.6TB PS5 which will allow to store everything than just adding a 1TB SSD or HDD and only be able to store games.

If anyone finds fault in this, your pockets are deep, not the same case for us, so next time anyone senselessly posts a haha. Just know that you are causing trouble for many users who come to this forum for reliable info.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

If what the PS5 does in terms of compression was done by xbox then all these retard sony bhakts would be at microsoft's throat for giving just 667GB usable storage. Use all the hahas you want, you own the PS5 i don't, cry a fukin river offline where you don't have your online buddies to gang up on users who don't share your retarded opinion.

You'd be surprised to know that PS users (and trolling bots as well) were on Sony's throats for giving only 667gigs of storage. The matter died down after everyone noticed what the compression can do.

I can see why people left 'hahas' on your post.

I literally posted about this here last week, some fanbois didn't spread the fire though.

Come on, just coz you think its a major issue, doesn't mean every one should get worked up. Some ever responded with their reasoning.

Already the age old issue of ps4 version of a game being downloaded instead of ps5 version has creeped up again, read an article on it by some gaming publication.

This is an old problem, now console clearly lets you pick the version of the game you want to download wherever PS4/5 versions are present. Even the store mentions whether game has 2 separate versions or not.

PS5 has great games but system is still in Public BETA version and early adapters are unpaid BETA testers.

This is your opinion, seems like majority don't share it with you.

this cheap BS is not what i expect from a japanese company, they shouldn't have non japanese as head of playstation, all they do is put their cheap arse work ethics on people, the only person i'd gladly accept as head of PS who isn't japanese is Mark Cerny, the guy can whoop arses into making the system work the cost we spend, i want to buy it once and never think of upgrading it or anything on it again, with Series X technically that's possible and it's a american company those should be troublemakers to consumers, but here we are and a japanese company can't keep up the high standards of japan that we are taught time and again while learning japanese and prepping for their job listings.

Honestly, I found this rant quite funny too. 

Use all the hahas you want, you own the PS5 i don't, cry a fukin river offline where you don't have your online buddies to gang up on users who don't share your retarded opinion.

They used 'haha' coz they didnt agree with you, and you're calling their opinion retarded because its different from yours?!

I hope you didn't expect a group 'yes men' who'd just nod at everything in an online forum.

2 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

This was not directed towards you, the other members who are migrating from TV thread have continuously targeted my posts in other threads, they can get away squat clean. And there is nothing wrong with me making valid logical points, the other storage in PS5 is randomly eating up memory, the video i posted highlights the matter and for some reason people want to laugh it off instead of letting it be a pre purchase safe warning for those interested in PS5, further 667GB is shamefully low storage in 2021 no matter how anyone sugercoats it with compression gimmicks. When big games come and they will, these same people will be nowhere to be seen, and FYI 1TB SN850 is as costly as adding 825GB more storage in PS5 by sony themselves.

So i'd have sony give us a 1.6TB PS5 which will allow to store everything than just adding a 1TB SSD or HDD and only be able to store games.

If anyone finds fault in this, your pockets are deep, not the same case for us, so next time anyone senselessly posts a haha. Just know that you are causing trouble for many users who come to this forum for reliable info.

Compression isn't a gimmick here, the values are up and present for comparison. 

IIRC, the internal SSD is one of the most expensive parts of the PS5. Adding twice the storage would mean increasing costs significantly, and thereby affordable to only people with 'deep pockets'. If anything Sony hasn't forgotten their missteps with PS3.

Apart from the “others” storage problem. 
Which I still don’t know is solved or not by rebuilding database like it does on PS4/Pro. 

I see no valid criticism in your rant. 

Even SX isn’t really giving full 1TB of storage & is only around 130gb more storage than PS5,which cancels itself out by the Kraken Compression. 

I hope Sony fixes this “Other” Files issue.

3 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

If everybody here has to get worked up over everything you choose to get worked up about, life will get more depressing than it is already.

So, yeah, we'll laugh away please, and thank you.

The free damage control sony gets is unreal :hi:

This has nothing to do with Sony, or LG, or Samsung or xyz company.

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

Lmao,if you are referring to SX 

I never maligned or listed cons of that device in particular. 

My grudge is mostly with M$ & namely the Xbox division which have laid down their entire business model on lies & false marketing promises. 

It has been going on since I bought 360 & ended up playing just Halo & Gears on it(also just one Alan Wake).

30 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Compression isn't a gimmick here, the values are up and present for comparison. 

IIRC, the internal SSD is one of the most expensive parts of the PS5. Adding twice the storage would mean increasing costs significantly, and thereby affordable to only people with 'deep pockets'. If anything Sony hasn't forgotten their missteps with PS3.

How costly can a 1.6TB PS5 could be, below is the SSD cerny recommends , it's $229 1TB without heatsink, if anyone can't source it from US it's Rs.25k here, so these are the prices we are looking at without a discount on the SSD. So if sony were to release a PS5 with 1st party 1.6TB SSD it would cost around 60k, but we would be able to store everything, no limit of only storing gaming, as storing game saves, content recordings is limited to sony's SSD.

https://www.amazon.com/WD_Black-SN850-Internal-Gaming-Solid/dp/B08KFS6THF/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3IQTYCI8XRKLK&dchild=1&keywords=sn850&qid=1635770192&sprefix=sn850%2Caps%2C320&sr=8-3

• Haha 2

How costly can a 1.6TB PS5 could be, below is the SSD cerny recommends , it's $229 1TB without heatsink, if anyone can't source it from US it's Rs.25k here, so these are the prices we are looking at without a discount on the SSD. So if sony were to release a PS5 with 1st party 1.6TB SSD it would cost around 60k, but we would be able to store everything, no limit of only storing gaming, as storing game saves, content recordings is limited to sony's SSD.

https://www.amazon.com/WD_Black-SN850-Internal-Gaming-Solid/dp/B08KFS6THF/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3IQTYCI8XRKLK&dchild=1&keywords=sn850&qid=1635770192&sprefix=sn850%2Caps%2C320&sr=8-3

The WD black SN850 went for as low as 14k during Big Billion sale and normally stays around 16k during other times. Rn it’s at 18.5, but check back in a couple of days and you’ll see it for 16k. That’s before any card discounts. It’s nowhere near 25k as you mention. 

Western Digital WD Black™ SN850 1TB, PCIe Gen 4 SSD 7000MB/s R, 5300MB/s W, for Gaming & Content Creators https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08KFS6THF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_J850GD9TN7YNRKKNJA9J

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Maybe you're right here. But unlike older gens, the internal SSD is baked into the main silicon. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what sort of architectural changes that would entail, which must be factored into the costs and not just Bill of Materials.

On the bright side, they have released 1TB PS4 Special Edition models down the line, maybe they'd do the same here. But then again, considering its not as simple as upgrading an internal HDD in past generations, I doubt that'd happen.

Edited by gecko89

@gecko, i got your point about compression a while back buddy but i will call it a gimmick in regards to those who don't have the funds to upgrade their storage and are limited to 667GB storage, who play COD regularly, and have some other MP games they can't rid off, so that leaves little space for the new AAA games that will hit, which will go beyond 100GB mark in a year or two, sony will then say look we just released a brand new 1TB + PS5, but those who bought the OG one and can't buy a new one will suffer.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

@gecko, i got your point about compression a while back buddy but i will call it a gimmick in regards to those who don't have the funds to upgrade their storage and are limited to 667GB storage, who play COD regularly, and have some other MP games they can't rid off, so that leaves little space for the new AAA games that will hit, which will go beyond 100GB mark in a year or two, sony will then say look we just released a brand new 1TB + PS5, but those who bought the OG one and can't buy a new one will suffer.

You can also use an external SSD to cold store PS5 games and transfer it back when you want to play it. I get your point but it’s being blown out of proportion. “I have too many games and my brand spanking new console can’t store them all at the same time” sounds like a first world problem. 

Edited by CtrlAltDev93
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

Sadly 3rd party SSDs or external HDDs on PS5 can only store games. If you are into content creation then they don't save your recordings or images. Oh yeah nor do they save save data of ganes which totally sucks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Dude i present you a simple solution, transfer all games to ssd and save all the content creation stuff on internal problem solved. Why waste time arguing on something so fragile and something that sony might bring in the next update. 

11 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

But even if sony gave that space without kraken (Like Ps4) you could store basically the same amount of games right ? Honestly get an SSD if you want to store that many games bhai!

6 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Dude i present you a simple solution, transfer all games to ssd and save all the content creation stuff on internal problem solved. Why waste time arguing on something so fragile and something that sony might bring in the next update. 

But that defeats the purpose of using the internal SSD that sony tauts as the best thing to happen to gaming and storage, the ssd seemingly for them can do things that no other SSD can, so naturally a user is inclined to believe that and use it to store PS4 games with PS5 upgrades, also store PS5 games and then user generated videos, there is no argument here, this is a important discussion regarding the limits of console, if what someone perceives as an argument then obviously the point made is not considered as important, but in larger scale it is, unless sony fix their storage woes, the things will creep up.

The loss is users like me who are equivalent to power users, and want to rely on the first part solutions instead of having to go 3rd party here in india where sony people might even tell you, your warranty is void for opening PS5 and adding a SSD.

• Haha 3