The Playstation 5 thread

40 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

sony people might even tell you, your warranty is void for opening PS5 and adding a SSD.

Adding storage on PS consoles are specifically designed in a way that doesn’t void the warranty.

You should really do some research before spreading further misinformations. 

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

your warranty is void for opening PS5 and adding a SSD.

Actually, this is true only for Series X. Even to clean the internals, you need to peel the warranty sticker to remove backplate. :lol:

You can even completely remove PS5's fan without voiding warranty.

Edited by Vamos

14 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Actually, this is true only for Series X. Even to clean the internals, you need to peel the warranty sticker to remove backplate. :lol:

You can even completely remove PS5's fan without voiding warranty.

I cleaned my PS4pro few months back. 

Sony never voids any warranty sticker unless you unscrew main mother board. 

Just now, AnK said:

Sony never voids any warranty sticker unless you unscrew main mother board. 

Yeah.. All PS consoles have been easier to clean/open. 

On OG Xbox one and One X, it feels like a surgery ? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

your warranty is void for opening PS5 and adding a SSD.

Once u open the side panels on the PS5 there are like 10 screws. 2 of these are for the 2 SSD's. One that comes with the PS5 and the empty slot. You can open these and add or remove SSD's. Except this the 6 - 8 screws have a blue sticker or something on them with some logo or something, I dunno. You have to remove or tear these stickers to open those screws underneath. Removing these stickers will void your warranty. I think you can even safely without voiding your warranty, remove and clean the fan also. Not sure on that last point. Either ways dont remove any stickers or tape or anything inside and u r good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

Once u open the side panels on the PS5 there are like 10 screws. 2 of these are for the 2 SSD's. One that comes with the PS5 and the empty slot. You can open these and add or remove SSD's. Except this the 6 - 8 screws have a blue sticker or something on them with some logo or something, I dunno. You have to remove or tear these stickers to open those screws underneath. Removing these stickers will void your warranty. I think you can even safely without voiding your warranty, remove and clean the fan also. Not sure on that last point. Either ways dont remove any stickers or tape or anything inside and u r good.

Bro he was being hyperbolic for the sake of argument 

5 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

The loss is users like me who are equivalent to power users, and want to rely on the first part solutions instead of having to go 3rd party here in india where sony people might even tell you, your warranty is void for opening PS5 and adding a SSD.

7 minutes ago, Horizon Days Dawn said:

That's a hyperbole:huh:? That's just wrong info wouldn't you say. And what exactly is the "argument?" It can't be that the SSD can't be safely changed cause it can be so what?

He said Sony India MIGHT say something like that. That’s hyperbole. The argument here is the low storage and how adding more storage is expensive/restrictive and is acceptable only because it’s Sony and Microsoft wouldn’t get a pass if they pulled the same move. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Bro he was being hyperbolic for the sake of argument 

If you are talking about me, i know how sony will try to sh*t you, when my ps3 broke they asked weird questions about opening the console which i did not do, all because they wanted to avoid giving me a new ps3 for 50% off as per their policy, and if what horizon says with stickers is true then they'll find even more loopholes to whine for warranty. If if are going by most of the people here you'll end up on the sony side of console wars.

I don't know how these people managed to burry a very important discussion point regarding ps5 SSD issue and branded this as an argument, maybe because their gang managed to zone in on their opinion being the only right one. And then made it look like i was doing it, either way people in india have no idea how discussion forums work and how you need to help the community if product issues are there instead of burring them under the rug like unpaid free self proclaimed employees.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

If you are talking about me, i know how sony will try to sh*t you, when my ps3 broke they asked weird questions about opening the console which i did not do, all because they wanted to avoid giving me a new ps3 for 50% off as per their policy, and if what horizon says with stickers is true then they'll find even more loopholes to whine for warranty. If if are going by most of the people here you'll end up on the sony side of console wars.

I don't know how these people managed to burry a very important discussion point regarding ps5 SSD issue and branded this as an argument, maybe because their gang managed to zone in on their opinion being the only right one. And then made it look like i was doing it, either way people in india have no idea how discussion forums work and how you need to help the community if product issues are there instead of burring them under the rug like unpaid free self proclaimed employees.

I only responded to the instances where you misrepresented facts. Other than that, I have read your comments on the issue. While I would not react with the same way, I can accept your stance on this. But when you cherry pick information and overblow the cons, I’m inclined to scroll past the rest (and I assume many others).

You mentioned 25k for the SN850. I responded with actual details and you just conveniently looked past that. You then made a comment about Sony not honouring warranties. I’ve never faced that issue with Sony. My only instance of dealing with Sony was to get my PS4 replaced. They gave me the 50% off no questions asked, so I could argue they are the best. But both our experiences are isolated so for all intends and purposes, we go by the rule of law and what they’ve publicly stated as their policy. We can always raise an issue later.

Coming to your comments about storage. SSDs are prohibitively expensive. If the console was anymore than 50k, many wouldn’t have bought it I’m sure. So Sony went with the balanced approach of adding expandable storage. They could have made it proprietary like Microsoft did, but no. A 1 TB expansion card for Series X costs 31490 on Amazon India right now. Double of what it costs on PS5 if you go for the best card possible (SN850 or 980 Pro and there are even cheaper options that are in line with the requirements Sony mentioned).

There’s also the Kraken compression, something you call a gimmick but has real world applications for users. I made the choice to not get an expansion SSD specifically because the compression more than helps and should I need to play any game, I have fast Internet to download it. But even if someone wants to store games, the compression is there to make it better than previously possible. How on earth is that a gimmick? Gimmick is making a fridge to sell your console.

I could go on an on but before you brand me a Pony, let me clarify that I use an Xbox One currently and I plan to upgrade to a Series X soon. There are pros and cons on both sides but you’re making mountains out of molehills.

• Like 9

Same with me.

Fat PS3 got f*cked when updating firmware, got PS3 Slim for 50% cost no questions asked.

PS3 Slim got f*cked due to power cut when MGS4 was installing. She gave me the 'are you serious look', but replaced at no charge(since it was still under new warranty). Also, gave me the MGS4 disc that was stuck in in broken PS3 Slim :P

And all this when they have to send the console to Bangalore every time.

I can only speak for myself, but Sony PS Service has been excellent so far.

30 minutes ago, AnK said:

I got my launch phat PS3 replaced at 50% around 2010.

No problems whatsoever. 

My friend also got it replaced even though his was OOR & without warranty card.

Same. Got my launch PS4 replaced few years back with no issues at all.

44 minutes ago, AnK said:

I got my launch phat PS3 replaced at 50% around 2010.

No problems whatsoever. 

My friend also got it replaced even though his was OOR & without warranty card.

18 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Same with me.

Fat PS3 got f*cked when updating firmware, got PS3 Slim for 50% cost no questions asked.

PS3 Slim got f*cked due to power cut when MGS4 was installing. She gave me the 'are you serious look', but replaced at no charge(since it was still under new warranty). Also, gave me the MGS4 disc that was stuck in in broken PS3 Slim :P

And all this when they have to send the console to Bangalore every time.

I can only speak for myself, but Sony PS Service has been excellent so far.

13 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

Same. Got my launch PS4 replaced few years back with no issues at all.

10 minutes ago, _Krypton_ said:

My friend’s ps5 died within a month of purchase & a total of 18 hours of gameplay time ! Even he is getting a replacement ( ofc , NO questions asked ) 

It’s almost as if a company knows how to honour their policy 

50 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Deja vu. 

fight fighting GIF

Mai kuch bol nahi raha issliye yeh had se paar na karna, mai kuch bola toh yaad rakhna ye sab nautanki ye sab TV Thread ke bande, aap, quixote_1989, sachlife aur jo koi time passer pade hai unhone chaloo kiya. IDK who the frak is that dinjo guy, never even interacted with the guy, but he is on a disrespect frenzy on valid points i made about limited PS5 Storage, and no one had to get buthurt you people started to twist the comment made originally to help a user who was suffering from other storage bug on PS5 which is video documented by a PS5 user with SSD and/or HDD storage.

Bhai bolna toh mujhe bhi aata hai. Chalu karunga toh tum logo ka 667GB storage khatam ho jayega.

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Bhai bolna toh mujhe bhi aata hai. Chalu karunga toh tum logo ka 667GB storage khatam ho jayega.

When you typed that out did you think that line sounded badass in your head? Because it isn’t. You sound like a 90’s villain. I’ve made specific point for which you have no reply. It’s no point saying anything more here since you’re obviously biased towards anything Sony has to offer. Happy gaming.