The Playstation 5 thread

2 hours ago, silica said:

The mixed reviews are mainly for the fit of the headset and the clasping around the ears. The Playstation Gold headset fits snugly for me, so I assume this should as well.

Edit: The review on whathifi https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sony-playstation-pulse-3d-wireless-headset

Nah, most are about AQ and mic. 

Check Amazon.com

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

SoundGuys has rated Pulse 6.9/10.

Insta buy :')

Yikes ! Read the review. Bad mic. Poor isolation. Wear issues depending on your fit, no way to manage. 9k. 

Not that great tbh. 

5 hours ago, silica said:

The midnight black PS5 headset is available for INR 8,590/- on ShopatSC. I just bought one. 

Edit: https://shopatsc.com/products/ps5-headset-black?variant=39595946442891

Noice!!

Been waiting for this since the console launched. Thank you.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nah, most are about AQ and mic. 

Check Amazon.com

Yikes ! Read the review. Bad mic. Poor isolation. Wear issues depending on your fit, no way to manage. 9k. 

Not that great tbh. 

I like the mic and AQ on the PS Gold headset. Isolation is not a problem I need to worry about as the room is very quiet.

I have a JBL quantum 600, I will compare the two and post my review here.

12 hours ago, silica said:

The midnight black PS5 headset is available for INR 8,590/- on ShopatSC. I just bought one. 

Edit: https://shopatsc.com/products/ps5-headset-black?variant=39595946442891

Still available, sold out pretty fast when it dropped on GTS

On 11/28/2021 at 1:28 AM, gecko89 said:

Review posted today.

Tried my friend's Pulse headset - the sound is good but this thing is very uncomfortable. Maybe I am spoilt by how comfy the Razer Blackshark V2 or the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro are which I use for gaming/music. The clamping on the Pulse is very strong on the ears and the ears don't really sit inside the cushions it touches the ears. I can't imagine wearing it for more than 30-45 mins at a stretch. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SuperT said:

Tried my friend's Pulse headset - the sound is good but this thing is very uncomfortable. Maybe I am spoilt by how comfy the Razer Blackshark V2 or the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro are which I use for gaming/music. The clamping on the Pulse is very strong on the ears and the ears don't really sit inside the cushions it touches the ears. I can't imagine wearing it for more than 30-45 mins at a stretch. 

I backed off for the very same reason. 

Too many complaints about its comfort. And also, people who bought them last year at launch are already facing quality issues with the cushion pads. 

With no option to return, it’s a risky buy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Gaming headphones are overhyped. I use my pxc 500-ii for gaming and the performance is pretty awesome.

100%. I love my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro for gaming - it is pretty accurate in MP games and the music and sfx in SP games is brilliant. You can buy so many brilliant non-gaming headphones in the same budget as a gaming headphone which will sound much better and can be used for music as well. Also, the 3d surround feature is available on all headphones it is not dependent on the headphones when using with the PS5 so no point splurging on 'gaming headphones'.

15 minutes ago, SuperT said:

100%. I love my Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro for gaming - it is pretty accurate in MP games and the music and sfx in SP games is brilliant. You can buy so many brilliant non-gaming headphones in the same budget as a gaming headphone which will sound much better and can be used for music as well. Also, the 3d surround feature is available on all headphones it is not dependent on the headphones when using with the PS5 so no point splurging on 'gaming headphones'.

I am using AKG K 550 for sound, my phone earbuds for chat.

Got K550 some 7-8 yrs ago. Still going strong after logging some 1000s of hours. Worth it and then some.

Besides, Hifiman RE400 going for Rs1500 on headphonezone. That's ludicrous value. I bought them for Rs7000 few years ago. 

Only issue is reliability, won't last more than a year. But at that price I am fine with that. 

• Like 2

Since there is discussion going on for mic -  If you have one of the good wireless headsets, you can use this mic with PS4/PS5 controller.

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Microphone-Gaming-Communication/dp/B00BJ17WKK/

Its too pricey in India Amazon , so best to source from US if someone is coming.  I am sourcing it for using it with my XM4

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The cable I linked can probably be used with a xm4 as well assuming it's a standard 2.5 mm port. The mic quality is pretty good on it. 

First time seeing such a cable and yeah that might work as well for XM*. Does this also has built in volume + mute? The image is not helpful on the website

The v-Moda one has that flexible mic that we can turn away + volume control + mute. And since its reviewed well and advertised to work for XM4 i went for that due to price in US. This cable also a very good alternative. 

2 hours ago, Pacifier said:

First time seeing such a cable and yeah that might work as well for XM*. Does this also has built in volume + mute? The image is not helpful on the website

The v-Moda one has that flexible mic that we can turn away + volume control + mute. And since its reviewed well and advertised to work for XM4 i went for that due to price in US. This cable also a very good alternative. 

I don't think that cable will work for the xm4 as the sony has a 3.5 mm jack and not a 2.5 mm jack if I am not mistaken. The V-Moda is the best in the business with onboard controls and one of the best mics.