The Playstation 5 thread

6 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Since there is discussion going on for mic -  If you have one of the good wireless headsets, you can use this mic with PS4/PS5 controller.

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-BoomPro-Microphone-Gaming-Communication/dp/B00BJ17WKK/

Its too pricey in India Amazon , so best to source from US if someone is coming.  I am sourcing it for using it with my XM4

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

I don't think that cable will work for the xm4 as the sony has a 3.5 mm jack and not a 2.5 mm jack if I am not mistaken. The V-Moda is the best in the business with onboard controls and one of the best mics. 

6 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The cable I linked can probably be used with a xm4 as well assuming it's a standard 2.5 mm port. The mic quality is pretty good on it. 

The mic on Dualsense is good enough for most people :P

Unless you are recording some pro stuff.

So i got frustrated and checked where semiconductors are used, and here is what came up on google

CPUs that operate personal computers are also made with semiconductors. Many digital consumer products in everyday life such as mobile phones / smartphones, digital cameras, televisions, washing machines, refrigerators and LED bulbs also use semiconductors.

So why do we see abundance of stocks of televisions, washing machines, refrigerators and LED bulbs, yet we are having trouble with PS5, series x, they still have stocks of series s, ps4 newly manufactured, LG, samsung tvs were hot in stocks during diwali and even during BF, thanksgiving worldwide.

Is this just the monopoly to cash in on gamers or other devices which are made rarer so that people known to spend can spend outrageous amounts

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Great steps by US government if the anti-scalper law passes through, if it succeeds, hoping we get something like this law here as well

Such laws exist for essential commodities. 

Scalping electronics is a big problem in the first world nations. Unless they notify ps5 as essential, I don't see such laws getting passed here. 

Edited by radicaldude
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Scalping electronics is a big problem in the first world nations. Unless they notify ps5 as essential, I don't see such laws getting passed here. 

Yeah, even if somehow the bill passes in the US, it will never happen it India. Retailers won't bother, simply coz units go off the shelves.

Also, it's a luxury item. Doubt it'll ever even be in govts radar. 

Edited by gecko89
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Scalping electronics is a big problem in the first world nations. Unless they notify ps5 as essential, I don't see such laws getting passed here

Scalping itself doesn't need any regulation. 

If the buyers are willing to pay more, it's on them. 

What's unfair is, all buyers do not get an equal chance to buy due to bots and scripts. E-Com sites should do better to combat these auto buying bots and provide an equal chance for all to buy. 

7 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

So i got frustrated and checked where semiconductors are used, and here is what came up on google

So why do we see abundance of stocks of televisions, washing machines, refrigerators and LED bulbs, yet we are having trouble with PS5, series x, they still have stocks of series s, ps4 newly manufactured, LG, samsung tvs were hot in stocks during diwali and even during BF, thanksgiving worldwide.

Is this just the monopoly to cash in on gamers or other devices which are made rarer so that people known to spend can spend outrageous amounts

In simplistic terms - Different kinds of specialized semiconductors. There are only limited number of high expertise foundries producing AMD or Intel chips. Same for chips used in cars (also because car manufacturers decreased their semiconductor orders by huge amounts last year since they did not expect a rebound so soon, but here we are), and other similar setups. 

What you see in LEDs or refridgerator must be mass produced by several factories, not needing specialized setups. 

45 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

In simplistic terms - Different kinds of specialized semiconductors. There are only limited number of high expertise foundries producing AMD or Intel chips. Same for chips used in cars (also because car manufacturers decreased their semiconductor orders by huge amounts last year since they did not expect a rebound so soon, but here we are), and other similar setups. 

What you see in LEDs or refridgerator must be mass produced by several factories, not needing specialized setups. 

Console SOCs are made on 7 nm nodes. Very few foundries have this capability. 

I think only TSMC make them. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

With omicron spreading this will only get bad :cry:

13 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

That and official licensed retailers selling at a premium. Like there is literally no way of buying these things at mrp without using some bot on amazon or fk. 

That PPGC c*** is trying to chipkao fifa 22 and cricket 22 for full price.

Its literally illegal for retailers to sell above MRP but here we are. Bangalore gamers should band together and beat some sense into the him. I'll be up for travelling there to take part. 

These so called small time retailers don't deserve to have a livelihood if this is how they earn it. 

The truth is if he started selling only the console at 50k , it would anyways be sold at 60-65k premium later. Gets difficult to differentiate between Gamers who intend to use the console or re-sell.

A few blocks from my place a generic mobile store has stocks from FK , AZ & croma , and selling at 60-65 k a piece. 

I hope the stocks situation get better soon though.

14 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

These so called small time retailers don't deserve to have a livelihood if this is how they earn it. 

A bit harsh, but this is pure capitalism. Do we hate it ? Yes. Is it illegal ? No. 

When people can defend Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos paying zero taxes by exploiting loopholes, this is a drop in the ocean. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

also illegal to sell above mrp. Go look it up

Complain to the police then. :lol:

In a country where policemen openly take bribes, we're talking about legalities of selling a luxury item above cost. :rofl:

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Did I talk about going to police? I spoke of forming a group and delivering a beatdown which you thought was harsh. If the only way you can make money is by doing scummy sh*t, then you are a pathetic loser. 

You don't even have to go to the police. Cases is consumer courts are easy to fight and often lean towards helping the consumers. 

As someone mentioned above, most places are mandatorily bundling games, not selling above MRP. And many such shops are authorised Sony dealers. 

PS is a small brand in India. Sony won't jeopardize their relations over such a small issue. 

Also, beating someone over price gouging a luxury item ? Come on dude. Harsh. 

Mob violence is never a good option. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I spoke of forming a group and delivering a beatdown which you thought was harsh

This is never the solution. Ideal solution would be to vote with your wallets but it's not practical when there are a lot of people willing to get these ridiculous combos.