The Playstation 5 thread

8 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Awfully supportive of scalpers aren't you

Not really. But beating people is not the solution. 

As someone said, vote with your wallet. But that needs a f**kton of patience, and the issue isn't even for India - the scalping is almost global. No one can do anything about it. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Bro these are all alternative solutions. 

Case in consumer court, beatdown or these f**kers being driven out of business by MNCs. 

All of which you think are harsh. 

Awfully supportive of scalpers aren't you. 

You’re calling for violence for a gaming console. Yes, this is a gaming forum and we are all avid gamers here but you need to get your priorities right and calm down. People are getting killed in our country for various unacceptable reasons and your casual suggestion for “giving these f**kers a beatdown” speaks volumes about your mindset. I can only suggest that you take a step back and reflect.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Then at least we can all chose to only buy from large chains. 

I often see people wanting to support small businesses but every interaction I've had with them sucks. So personally I'm glad they're being driven out. 

Go go Bezos. 

Dealing with humans vs corporation.

Though the one I got my console from is gem of a person. Would never buy from anywhere else.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Can I at least say mean thing about them? 

Sorry but I am completely on the edge after spending 3 months in a new city (HYD). I am getting gouged on everything from dosa to rent to taxis to veggies. I have completely lost in the people of this after having dealt with the most opportunistic piece of shits day in and day out. 

I don't really see any solution to not getting charged 1,500 bucks (3x) of what the app shows to get me to my home from the piece of sh*t airport. 

And I don't really understand why people call gaming consoles a luxury item. It's as important for me as a bed or a refrigerator. If actively keeping people away from their beloved hobbies isn't a crime, it damn well should be. 

I hope PPGC and all his scalper buddies go bankrupt. 

I can relate to your frustration but you’re so focused on venting it out through violence or hate that you’re overlooking solutions. I assume Swiggy Genie/Dunzo services your area? Or maybe Amazon Fresh? That should help with groceries. And your airport fare shouldn’t be a regular expense unless you work in the airport? Charging more for travel from/to airport isn’t a new thing or just a Hyderabad thing. If you used a regular taxi instead of an Uber or Ola, you could have negotiated after checking price difference if the rates they said seemed steep. Above all this, being in an unfamiliar city could have left you frustrated but the more you act like an outsider, the more reasons people around will have to treat you like one. I would suggest picking up the basic phrases of Telugu you’ll need to survive. Showing you care enough to learn the local language can go a long way. 

And coming to your point about a gaming console being a luxury item. You need a hundred different things sorted in life before you can even consider buying a gaming console. Does this seriously need to be spelled out?

Anyway, enough OT. I hope you settle into Hyderabad soon.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Showing you care enough to learn the local language can go a long way.

Indeed, a warm smile, kind words and treating others as human and not a means to an end and taking some interest in their lives can go a long way

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Can I at least say mean thing about them? 

Sorry but I am completely on the edge after spending 3 months in a new city (HYD). I am getting gouged on everything from dosa to rent to taxis to veggies. I have completely lost in the people of this after having dealt with the most opportunistic piece of shits day in and day out. 

I don't really see any solution to not getting charged 1,500 bucks (3x) of what the app shows to get me to my home from the piece of sh*t airport. 

And I don't really understand why people call gaming consoles a luxury item. It's as important for me as a bed or a refrigerator. If actively keeping people away from their beloved hobbies isn't a crime, it damn well should be. 

I hope PPGC and all his scalper buddies go bankrupt. 

Hyderabad is giving you hard time?

Just wait till you get posted to Delhi.

• Haha 1

People here are saying support local smaller stores to get PS5, it's a double edged sword, i was thinking of getting it from the local game importer but i first talked with sony, to put things in perspective the shop i am referring to isn't even a sony shop nor big enough like samurai corner, so i asked sony I'm thinking of getting ps5 from samurai corner and will they honor their bill. Sony said samurai corner import as well as sell legit so the sony center person doesn't know if his bill would be honored for warranty. If that is the case for a store like samurai corner why would i buy from a local store let's call it gada electronics.

Also like advised here i asked other sony shops which are not sony centers but all say you will only have to order ps5 at shopatcc and they are now only tasked to shipping it. This most likely is because the reason bhyander sony cc vanished, as during initial ps5 launch months even some sony centers were doing black, and bhyander can most definitely qualify for that. One sony center guy even offered to take my number and give it to scalper if someone was selling, i told them I'm not interested, as A it's scalped, and B it might be scalped with bill 6-7 months old , why the fuk i would pay more and get less warranty.

And lastly if mobile phones which cost like 70k + and TVs that cost 1Lac + like oleds are not declared as luxury then why would a flippin 50k console be luxury, at this point in time, even a iphone SE or S21 FE or whatever might have more mrp than a console, that is still not luxury ? I'm sure customs here have enough luxury items being imported here for distributors and then being classified as essential. As gamers we need to band together and raise our say against this. Gaming is not a luxury it's a legit profession. Multiple companies like square enix, ubisoft, sumo digital , nvidia pune, have presence here, we are making famous games like raji and there are multiple up and coming game devs here.

To get the indian gaming industry going it won't help having the hardware for which the games are made isn't made available, and come on Rs.50k is very less compared to tech and non tech items people spend on. People spend on renovation every 3 freakin years and spend lacs. That for me is luxury than a console that calls my place home for 5+ years.

Btw PC is a luxury gaming system fact, consoles are for us who are more samwise than fukin frodo.

Edited by NitroNeo

10 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

And lastly if mobile phones which cost like 70k + and TVs that cost 1Lac + like oleds are not declared as luxury then why would a flippin 50k console be luxury

Eh ? They're luxury items. Who said OLEDs and iPhones and Samsungs are not luxury ? 

Also gaming industry is not equal to retail gaming. Industries will have access to devkits and what not. They're most likely not struggling to get their hands on a PS5 or Xbox. The struggles of indie studios will be different (https://themakoreactor.com/featured/raji-an-ancient-epic-release-date-made-in-india-nintendo-switch-game-development-pc-ps4-xbox-one-nodding-heads-interview/13628/)

Edit: Do we even know how much Raji sold in India vs other countries ?

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

19 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Eh ? They're luxury items. Who said OLEDs and iPhones and Samsungs are not luxury ? 

Also gaming industry is not equal to retail gaming. Industries will have access to devkits and what not. They're most likely not struggling to get their hands on a PS5 or Xbox. The struggles of indie studios will be different (https://themakoreactor.com/featured/raji-an-ancient-epic-release-date-made-in-india-nintendo-switch-game-development-pc-ps4-xbox-one-nodding-heads-interview/13628/)

Edit: Do we even know how much Raji sold in India vs other countries ?

The reddit gaming community of india was all hype for raji, also it got recognition on news for it's last year's game award nomination. Cosplayers, game devs are more and more in news so is comic cons hogging page full of articles.

https://www.news18.com/news/tech/indias-first-game-awards-nominee-raji-an-ancient-epic-can-mature-our-gaming-industry-3168029.html

I personally don't wanna go lax and just blame the Govt for not being techie friendly, not taking techies into notice. This ps5 problem being a luxury item has it's core rooted in society and how it still frowns upon gaming, you guys may be from top urban locals,but to this day most of the people i came across think gaming is a time pass hobby and i always get asked can you make money from it.

Solution for this is to show them how gaming can make money even in these covid times by like of streaming income etc, thus people and parents will think of it as an essential item for maybe their introvert kid to make friends or make money while streaming what they love. Left or right wing parties won't just come out and support gaming one day, i am baffled each time how sony thinks they can't sell more PS here, come on you see Indian people have increased in buying power and now buying gaming PCs, iphones more and more. Youtubers in india good or bad have shown gaming can be a viable commercial source of income, so at least even if it stays a luxury item, governments need to take scalping issue and put a stop to it, if important services are made online only in future like buying medical supplies because there is a omicron lockdown then scalpers will have a field day making money on a daily basis like an IIT grad fresh into his first job. So scalping needs to go, US have realized it, i just hope our govt does as well before it moves from a luxury item to essential. The oxygen scalping during delta wave a sign enough to take notice and not repeat such things.

51 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

And lastly if mobile phones which cost like 70k + and TVs that cost 1Lac + like oleds are not declared as luxury then why would a flippin 50k console be luxury, at this point in time, even a iphone SE or S21 FE or whatever might have more mrp than a console, that is still not luxury ?

How do you consistently have a sh*t take on the most obvious of topics? Are you so oblivious to the privilege that we have? A gaming console is a luxury item. As is an expensive TV or the latest flagship smartphone. In case you didn’t realise, there is an India that doesn’t even have access to basic amenities like running water or electricity. We are still a 3rd world country so your personal priorities aren’t and shouldn’t be an indicator of what is essential and what is luxury.

Please post your grievances on r/FirstWorldProblems 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The reddit gaming community of india was all hype for raji, also it got recognition on news for it's last year's game award nomination. Cosplayers, game devs are more and more in news so is comic cons hogging page full of articles.

https://www.news18.com/news/tech/indias-first-game-awards-nominee-raji-an-ancient-epic-can-mature-our-gaming-industry-3168029.html

I personally don't wanna go lax and just blame the Govt for not being techie friendly, not taking techies into notice. This ps5 problem being a luxury item has it's core rooted in society and how it still frowns upon gaming, you guys may be from top urban locals,but to this day most of the people i came across think gaming is a time pass hobby and i always get asked can you make money from it.

Solution for this is to show them how gaming can make money even in these covid times by like of streaming income etc, thus people and parents will think of it as an essential item for maybe their introvert kid to make friends or make money while streaming what they love. Left or right wing parties won't just come out and support gaming one day, i am baffled each time how sony thinks they can't sell more PS here, come on you see Indian people have increased in buying power and now buying gaming PCs, iphones more and more. Youtubers in india good or bad have shown gaming can be a viable commercial source of income, so at least even if it stays a luxury item, governments need to take scalping issue and put a stop to it, if important services are made online only in future like buying medical supplies because there is a omicron lockdown then scalpers will have a field day making money on a daily basis like an IIT grad fresh into his first job. So scalping needs to go, US have realized it, i just hope our govt does as well before it moves from a luxury item to essential. The oxygen scalping during delta wave a sign enough to take notice and not repeat such things.

Dude no offence, but the amount of time you spend ranting on this forum about not getting a ps5, if you actually used some of that to join a few discords you would've already got 1 for mrp. There are plenty of gamers who've been selling one at MRP.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

If you're going by the baseline then clean water and more than 3 pairs of clothes are also luxury items. 

So no criticism or bitching allowed. 

Every post must start with #thanksgiving for our priveleged lives.  

There is a complete thread here about why microtransactions suck. Guess that should be closed down as well because #firstworldproblems.

Most people here are #privileged and all problems faced by anyone here are #firstworldproblems. Deal with it. 

Such hyperbole, much wow. Bro go eat dosa for 3x prices. Just because something is “eSsEnTiAl” for you doesn’t mean it counts as an essential item. My argument was against his moronic justification that a gaming console is not a luxury item. People criticise micro transactions with the full cognisance that it’s not a necessity in life. Normal people do anyway. And if you think you aren’t privileged then you need a wake up call. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't think you get it. I'm saying everyone is priveleged so it's irrelevant to the conversation. You cannot use muh privelege as some gotcha argument. 

My entire point was that things such as high end TV, phones, consoles are luxury items purely from a point of view of where we are as a country. You’re the one who went off a tangent and started spouting nonsense about 3 shirts and clean water being a luxury. 

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Dude no offence, but the amount of time you spend ranting on this forum about not getting a ps5, if you actually used some of that to join a few discords you would've already got 1 for mrp. There are plenty of gamers who've been selling one at MRP.

Only discord i found online was the brostation one, it's super useless, the telegram notification bots are dead, people don't have any idea or connects about restocks, if you have any other ones do link up

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah well you are wrong. 40k-50k items aren't luxury. By that sense, vu tv, refrigerators, double beds, sofas are also luxurious. 

It’s not the price of the product, it’s the intent. Gaming doesn’t rate high on Maslow’s hierarchy of needs so it is a niche product that serves a very specific, non-essential purpose