The Playstation 5 thread

What did you guys think of the Matrix awakens demo? Pretty awesome. I wish it was 60fps and I wish i had a 4k panel, but it was still pretty amazing. Especially the driving and the crash physics felt so real. Even NPC faces had as much detail as some main characters in certain games. 

55 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

What did you guys think of the Matrix awakens demo? Pretty awesome. I wish it was 60fps and I wish i had a 4k panel, but it was still pretty amazing. Especially the driving and the crash physics felt so real. Even NPC faces had as much detail as some main characters in certain games. 

It’s a taste of what next gen would really look like coz essentially it’s going to be a very weird gen where we won’t see these consoles being pushed to their limits for a long time. 

Also I really hope epic games make an entire game out of this city coz creating all that stuff just to tease is kinda disheartening. 

Console gamers should never bank on 60fps gaming,get a PC if you like that.

Coz sooner or later we will be back to this fidelity as developers move to pure next gen content & leave Crossgen behind(which will take longer than usual this gen). 

2 hours ago, ZooZoo said:

Difference in strategy is pretty evident. One company is shopping games and other company is acquiring talent.

Historically speaking every instance where a Giant corporation has tried to eat “paka pakaya khana” instead of putting in their own minds & efforts into it,has not really ended well as hyped or expected. 

We still have good 3-4 years to see how all these “efforts” turn out to be. 

Xbox has sold quite well due to lagging unsold stock of SeriesS & PS5 shortages. 
Let’s see……it’s only good for gamers if both ecosystem thrive. 

Edited by AnK

58 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

Ya i deleted it moment i realized it 30fps lol.

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

We still have good 3-4 years to see how all these “efforts” turn out to be. 

Xbox has sold quite well due to lagging unsold stock of SeriesS & PS5 shortages. 
Let’s see……it’s only good for gamers if both ecosystem thrive. 

do you have any Source for this unsold series S ??

Facebook acquired Insta when it was already in it’s A game of social platforming & not the other way around. 
Same was the case with Disney & Marvel in it’s respective field. 

But M$ Games Studios was a big clueless fail machinery before making these acquisitions.

anyway not the appropriate thread,so peace out ✌? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

You were saying acquisitions never work out which is just hilariously wrong.

I quite clearly said it never works out “when one tries to take a pre-cooked pie without the creative know how”themselves. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s a taste of what next gen would really look like coz essentially it’s going to be a very weird gen where we won’t see these consoles being pushed to their limits for a long time. 

Also I really hope epic games make an entire game out of this city coz creating all that stuff just to tease is kinda disheartening. 

Console gamers should never bank on 60fps gaming,get a PC if you like that.

Coz sooner or later we will be back to this fidelity as developers move to pure next gen content & leave Crossgen behind(which will take longer than usual this gen). 

Well Ps5 and Xbox have said that theyll support 4k 60fps for most games. I dont see why in the later part of the console lifecycle this cannot be achieved. So to say get a PC for 60fps is ignoring how the console generation is likely to play out in the future.

On creating an entire game, this is the interesting part. - Epic has said that this was done by a very small team of developers and the thing about unreal 5 is that it enables very small teams to design such experiences with ease. 

Pure next gen is still at least 2 years away i think. Especially compounded by the chip shortages and the lack of PS5 supply. I think we will see a lot of remasters though in this time.

12 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

:rofl:

Source for the unsold series s consoles you mentioned about ??

First give me your source of abrupt & abundant SeriesS productions specifically in Black Friday holiday season (when casuals shop) all of a sudden when PS5 & SX couldn’t keep up due to massive chip shortages. 

15 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

Well Ps5 and Xbox have said that theyll support 4k 60fps for most games. I dont see why in the later part of the console lifecycle this cannot be achieved. So to say get a PC for 60fps is ignoring how the console generation is likely to play out in the future.

Even PS3 was marketed with 1080p support. 
PS4pro with 4K support 

& PS5 with 8k120fps support 

Tagging support means nothing,end of the day it’s upto developers to decide.

15 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

On creating an entire game, this is the interesting part. - Epic has said that this was done by a very small team of developers and the thing about unreal 5 is that it enables very small teams to design such experiences with ease. 

Pure next gen is still at least 2 years away i think. Especially compounded by the chip shortages and the lack of PS5 supply. I think we will see a lot of remasters though in this time.

I think they should go ahead with the development,now that they have created such a huge city. 
Even if it’s not a AAA game. 

On 12/6/2021 at 1:38 PM, LordSpymaster said:

That's what I told him. The controller is the one that came bundled with the console. Its only after that he sent out a request to his seniors at Sony. 

I'll have a look at any policies that came with the console till then. 

Got a call that my replacement controller has arrived at the service center and I can collect it Monday. Lets see what happens. :O

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Got a call that my replacement controller has arrived at the service center and I can collect it Monday. Lets see what happens. :O

Out of curiosity. What are you expecting will happen? :tongue: