The Playstation 5 thread

Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the RBI issue with using cards on PSN or Xbox ? I have 4 year old visa card that worked before the RBI thing, after that never tested it. Will it still work ? Is the rbi card issue only limited to Rupay cards ?

Edited by NitroNeo

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

Can anyone explain to me what exactly is the RBI issue with using cards on PSN or Xbox ? I have 4 year old visa card that worked before the RBI thing, after that never tested it. Will it still work ? Is the rbi card issue only limited to Rupay cards ?

I use my MasterCard CC without any issues on PS Store without any problems. Doesn't even ask for an OTP.

3 minutes ago, SuperT said:

I use my MasterCard CC without any issues on PS Store without any problems. Doesn't even ask for an OTP.

So this RBI thing mentioned here is only for recurring transactions like PS Plus renewal ? I'm itching for the January sale

https://www.news9live.com/technology/playstation-plus-payments-might-fail-due-to-rbis-new-regulations-heres-the-workaround-123496

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

So this RBI thing mentioned here is only for recurring transactions like PS Plus renewal ? I'm itching for the January sale

https://www.news9live.com/technology/playstation-plus-payments-might-fail-due-to-rbis-new-regulations-heres-the-workaround-123496

Yup recurring transactions might be an issue, I don't know because I never had to use it for renewal already stacked during the sales for a couple of years. For single transactions there is no issue. 

• Like 1

Yup recurring transactions might be an issue, I don't know because I never had to use it for renewal already stacked during the sales for a couple of years. For single transactions there is no issue. 
I'll be buying 2-3 games simultaneously by adding to cart will that be an issue? Also mine is a debit visa card if that matters. Last time i used it was almost a couple of years back on psn.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

I'll be buying 2-3 games simultaneously by adding to cart will that be an issue? Also mine is a debit visa card if that matters. Last time i used it was almost a couple of years back on psn.

Never used a debit card on PSN so not so sure. Just try it - nothing to lose.

Never used a debit card on PSN so not so sure. Just try it - nothing to lose.
So if the transaction fails to go through nothing gets cut right? I used the psn cash cards before but it's a lengthy process since the max amount they top up is Rs.4500

1 hour ago, NitroNeo said:

So if the transaction fails to go through nothing gets cut right? I used the psn cash cards before but it's a lengthy process since the max amount they top up is Rs.4500

I don't think that's true. I topped up with 10k a few months ago. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't think that's true. I topped up with 10k a few months ago. 

No i meant i will have to get multiple rs.4.5k topups. Is there a limit to the amount i can keep in the playstation store wallet ?