The Playstation 5 thread

Ok I’m a bit confused here. 

Persona 5 which was given with Plus Collection is the base version. 

P5Royal is a dlc to it & a turn based too. 

P5Strike or whatever is a spin-off from the same universe but an action rpg instead of turn based. 

Am I right?!???

39 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Psplus collection already has persona 5 so giving P5R doesn't make much sense. 

P5R does have around 20-30 hours more story content though. Plus huge improvements in gameplay. It's the definitive version. If the game ever got a 60 fps PS5 patch, it will be a far bigger upgrade than all the Director's Cuts that Sony is peddling for $30 (and even FF7 Remake Upgrade).

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

P5Strike or whatever is a spin-off from the same universe but an action rpg instead of turn based. 

Am I right?!???

Persona 5 (The one given in PS+) = The very first game that was released. The vanilla version. Turn Based RPG

Persona 5 Royal = New game that changes the gameplay in Vanilla Persona 5. It's still turn-based, but the gameplay is enhanced considerably. There are story changes and story expansions right from the start of the game. They also included a 30 hour brand new story content, plus additional extras and entire Blu-Ray quality concerts. that are normally sold separately. This is sold as a new game. The definitive version of Persona 5.

Persona 5 Strikers = A spin-off developed by Koei Tecmo. The story in this game acts as a sequel to the Original Persona 5. Because this was developed by a 3rd party before P5R released, this game ignores all the story content and addition of P5R, and only acts as a sequel to the Vanilla P5 (That you get in PS+ Collection). The gameplay in this is action and Musou-based if you know the genre (i.e. games like Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors, Hyrule warriors, Dragon Quest Heroes etc.). The gameplay in this title is pretty hard and challenging. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, AnK said:

Am I right?!???

P5Royal is not really a dlc it includes the base game(P5) with quality of life improvements, new characters, new side content and it adds another 15-20 hrs of story to the main game. So I wouldn't call it DLC. But yeah it's also turn based. 

P5 Strikers is a sequel whish is a hack and slash with elements of turn based combat but yes it's an entirely new game. 

All three brilliant games. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperT said:

P5Royal is not really a dlc it includes the base game(P5) with quality of life improvements, new characters, new side content and it adds another 15-20 hrs of story to the main game. So I wouldn't call it DLC. But yeah it's also turn based. 

P5 Strikers is a sequel whish is a hack and slash with elements of turn based combat but yes it's an entirely new game. 

All three brilliant games. 

Ignore this, @roun90 got it spot on with the explanation. 

19 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

True, ivg's resident analyst, Ank, has already said this will be the last spiderman movie...:roflroll:

Genius analysis and prediction :majesty:

What I said was that it won’t be huge loss to Sony if they lose the rights to the character. 

As they have milked enough movies & games(2 is already sanctioned) already. 

8 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

out of curiosity you didn't play persona? is it a "meh" game?

I played both Dirt and Deep rock and both are PS5 version which is apparently not as good.

I tried persona once.. never had a chance to boot that game again.