The Playstation 5 thread

10 hours ago, radicaldude said:

This is some huge bad luck. 
I didn’t know that Shadow of TR,Control & FF 7 remake all are gona get free next gen upgrades for PS5. 

Would have subscribed & gotten them in library in a heartbeat if had known. 

3 hours ago, AnK said:

This is some huge bad luck. 
I didn’t know that Shadow of TR,Control & FF 7 remake all are gona get free next gen upgrades for PS5. 

Would have subscribed & gotten them in library in a heartbeat if had known. 

If it was just about those 3 games, you are better off getting them cheap used copies. Sotr goes for 1k or less used i think, ff7 should be 1400-1500, same for control. Just buy, play and sell them off later.

15 hours ago, playstationdude said:

If it was just about those 3 games, you are better off getting them cheap used copies. Sotr goes for 1k or less used i think, ff7 should be 1400-1500, same for control. Just buy, play and sell them off later.

Yeah that option is always there with PS 

Just that it would have been hassle free to just have them in your library forever. 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yeah that option is always there with PS 

Just that it would have been hassle free to just have them in your library forever. 

I don't quite understand the logic, but did you face an issue where you were subscribed but haven't gotten money's worth with respect to PS plus?  Just trying to understand why people try to "time" their membership purchase with offerings at that time.

As long as you believe you will end up turning ON the playstation for playing many times during the year, it always makes sense to keep the ps plus sub running especially when it goes on sale for ~30-35$. and keep adding monthly games.

No matter how aggressively one keeps buying games through out the year, you will definitely get the 30$ worth for sure from my experience.   

And for someone like me who doesn't game much, the membership also stopped me from buying games that just sits in backlog and eventually gets given in future via ps plus

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I don't quite understand the logic, but did you face an issue where you were subscribed but haven't gotten money's worth with respect to PS plus?  Just trying to understand why people try to "time" their membership purchase with offerings at that time.

As long as you believe you will end up turning ON the playstation for playing many times during the year, it always makes sense to keep the ps plus sub running especially when it goes on sale for ~30-35$. and keep adding monthly games.

No matter how aggressively one keeps buying games through out the year, you will definitely get the 30$ worth for sure from my experience.   

And for someone like me who doesn't game much, the membership also stopped me from buying games that just sits in backlog and eventually gets given in future via ps plus

Agreed. There are many bad months but even 2-3 good months is enough to justify the price specially if you pick it up on offer when it is just Rs. 2000.

I was unsubscribed & not really gaming at all before the pandemic. 
Was busy finishing my owned & humongous backlog. 

I decided that I would wait for a good month to resume subscription as in the content I’m interested in. 

These games showed up but I passed thinking no point owning them just on PS4 when better PS5 version would be a better option. 

Little did I know that all one by one (in future) would be upgradable for PS5. 
That’s why “bad luck” happened.

3 hours ago, AnK said:

I was unsubscribed & not really gaming at all before the pandemic. 
Was busy finishing my owned & humongous backlog.  

I think for your gaming needs, it’s better to pick games individually and take your time with it…

Binging doesn’t go well with gaming.. 

Whenever I try to play games from subscription services just because they are available, I don’t have a good time with them. 
That’s probably why I play 2-3 games from Gamepass out of the 100 available. 

15 hours ago, Vamos said:

I think for your gaming needs, it’s better to pick games individually and take your time with it…

Binging doesn’t go well with gaming.. 

I agree with this. Dropped the idea of a "backlog" ages ago. Now I just pick and play what I want and don't really bother how long it's taking me to complete it. If I enjoy the game, I keep playing it. I can't remember playing any title apart from Resident Evil Village and Life is Strange True Colors that released this year. Spent most of my time with either replaying some older titles or just random titles from last year. It's not a race to catch up every new release, so just sit back and have a good time. :) 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
  • Like 5