The Playstation 5 thread

9 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Inventory given to them by scalpers, flipkart everyone knows it gave all their stocks to scalpers by cancelling user orders, i frankly have a bad taste because on my ps5 1000 model as i face this issue, wonder if the 1100A model fixes this

But you only wanted a 1000 series console on account of more copper.

Can't say about Fk but how would Amazon be sourcing from scalpers? 
I think these are left over consoles which they kept for replacement/other contingencies.

There is noise from the disc drive definitely… 

Happens mostly for 10-15 seconds on start up and when copying disc data to console. 

Some people on YouTube fixed it loosening or tightening the disc drive screws, as it’s caused by vibrating disc drive. 

Edited by Vamos

6 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Happens mostly for 10-15 seconds on start up and when copying disc data to console. 

Some people on YouTube fixed it loosening or tightening the disc holder screws. 

Same. Super noticeable in winters since there's no fan running. Loud disc noise for about 30 secs. 

17 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

PS5 bhakti paid off for you, don't write off other user's issue just because you don't face it

Wow ?Dude i just gave you a solution, why be so mean bro?

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Same. Super noticeable in winters since there's no fan running. Loud disc noise for about 30 secs. 

Yes same here , but i wear headphones so dont care, it reduced a lot during in game after recent updates.

20 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Inventory given to them by scalpers

Source ? How would scalpers fit into the supply chain ? You gotta realise that at the scale of Amazon or Flipkart, supply chain is insanely complex. And these sales only happen whenever official Sony announcements drop. 

Whatever inventory is given throughout must be supplied by Sony. No idea if old stock is getting cleared by Amazon directly, or is Sony getting old stocks from their global supply chain - don't think any of us have that visibility. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Reported for cyber bullying

Debunking a myth is not Cyber bullying.

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Source ? How would scalpers fit into the supply chain ? You gotta realise that at the scale of Amazon or Flipkart, supply chain is insanely complex. And these sales only happen whenever official Sony announcements drop. 

Whatever inventory is given throughout must be supplied by Sony. No idea if old stock is getting cleared by Amazon directly, or is Sony getting old stocks from their global supply chain - don't think any of us have that visibility. 

Dont bother explaining, he’ll just get personal.

1 minute ago, blitzkreiig said:

But you only wanted a 1000 series console on account of more copper.

Can't say about Fk but how would Amazon be sourcing from scalpers? 
I think these are left over consoles which they kept for replacement/other contingencies.

Not necessarily, just wanted a console that works without issues, i actually had posted positives of both models

20 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Some people on YouTube fixed it loosening or tightening the disc drive screws, as it’s caused by vibrating disc drive. 

Sadly those who did faced it again after some time

33 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Inventory given to them by scalpers, flipkart everyone knows it gave all their stocks to scalpers by cancelling user orders,

How do u know this? Do you have any credible source?

26 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I've heard rumours that Sony made Cerny modify the design to make the disc drive noisy. This is to condition users to buy less discs and promote digital purchases which are more profitable for Sony. 

Interesting.

Hope it's not from the same source which said some last gen consoles power brick had a secret GPU hidden inside it? 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I've heard rumours that Sony made Cerny modify the design to make the disc drive noisy. This is to condition users to buy less discs and promote digital purchases which are more profitable for Sony. 

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

All of them ? 

2 hours ago, Sach4life said:

None. He just spews random stuff and then gets personal 

Watch it and then go to 7.20m onward he clearly says he is doing this the second time.

Sony make a common disk eject mechanism for stuck discs as solution and you guys buy it, they say to turn the screw only till you see the slight glimpse of disc so you can take it out by hand.

This mechanism was there for ps3 and ps4 it's there only to manually remove stuck discs, it's not gonna do anything to the inside of the drive as the drive itself is the cause of the issue.

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Still waiting for a source for scalpers selling consoles to Amazon and FK. 

36 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Watch it and then go to 7.20m onward he clearly says he is doing this the second time.

Sony make a common disk eject mechanism for stuck discs as solution and you guys buy it, they say to turn the screw only till you see the slight glimpse of disc so you can take it out by hand.

This mechanism was there for ps3 and ps4 it's there only to manually remove stuck discs, it's not gonna do anything to the inside of the drive as the drive itself is the cause of the issue.

From the video itself:

1) He rightly said it at the beginning, around 1 min mark that these are first gen consoles and of course, some issues are bound to come and this is the issue he's facing. 

2) Most people commenting said that this resolved their issues. Of course, we don't know how long does this last. 

3) No idea if this is a temp fix or perma fix. If it's bothering you too much, get an RMA. 

4) No one knows the real cause of the issue.

• Like 2