The Playstation 5 thread

From the video itself:

1) He rightly said it at the beginning, around 1 min mark that these are first gen consoles and of course, some issues are bound to come and this is the issue he's facing. 

2) Most people commenting said that this resolved their issues. Of course, we don't know how long does this last. 

3) No idea if this is a temp fix or perma fix. If it's bothering you too much, get an RMA. 

4) No one knows the real cause of the issue.
Well as for the source i had read a post or article online maybe reddit a while back with users saying flipkart gets stocks and they cancel orders because they sell those cancelled orders to scalpers who later scalp for a larger price. The article or post whatever got enough traction to warrant trusting it.

You do see this issue is so weird and widely spread there is no guarantee that an RMA will fix this issue. Other issues might arise like coil noise.

If this is gen 1 then why aren't we seeing many gen 1 xbox series x issues. It was poor quality checking on sony's part.

Yes now will have to live with it as global situation might not see me getting my RMA unit anytime soon. Since now it's speculated by no post of mine that these restocks are leftover sony stocks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Well as for the source i had read a post or article online maybe reddit a while back with users saying flipkart gets stocks and they cancel orders because they sell those cancelled orders to scalpers who later scalp for a larger price. The article or post whatever got enough traction to warrant trusting it.

You do see this issue is so weird and widely spread there is no guarantee that an RMA will fix this issue. Other issues might arise like coil noise.

If this is gen 1 then why aren't we seeing many gen 1 xbox series x issues. It was poor quality checking on sony's part.

Yes now will have to live with it as global situation might not see me getting my RMA unit anytime soon. Since now it's speculated by no post of mine that these restocks are leftover sony stocks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

What he meant was you posted scalpers are selling them to FK.

FK, amazon, RD selling to scalpers is a very real possibilty. I specifically suspect RD. GTS for sure is scalping units.

4 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

I ordered around 12:35 it came and went 

Yes, I also got the Add Cart button 2 or 3 times, but never succeeded. But anytime that is was not in stock, if I clicked the page link for PS5 I always got the not found error.

41 minutes ago, Walker said:

Scalperushab :wOOtjumpy: 

Admit it and move on. Don't try to deflect this time. You've been caught with your hand in someone's diks drive.

Bro its not even related to me :roflroll:

I only scalp Series X as it has zero issues (Said by experts).

I got it for a friend aint no time to earn 5k doing sh*t's like thisXD

11 minutes ago, bippukt said:

Yes, I also got the Add Cart button 2 or 3 times, but never succeeded. But anytime that is was not in stock, if I clicked the page link for PS5 I always got the not found error.

Page instantly got disabled whenever it was out of stock, i was able to get to address selector twice, pay now and place order twice , and payment selector thrice, this was 9th or 10th try where i made a fake payment attempt which failed and called up my friend for card details when i got the retry payment link, it worked XD

1 minute ago, rushaboswal said:

Bro its not even related to me :roflroll:

I only scalp Series X as it has zero issues (Said by experts).

I got it for a friend aint no time to earn 5k doing sh*t's like thisXD

Don't need to explain to me. Explain to the people who are receiving 1000 series PS5 from your scalper stock :threatenlumber:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I suspect this too. Had an order of ps5 cancelled under very dubious circumstances. 

Probably ground level staff doing fraud. 

Maybe at delivery or ground level. 

But the quantity of such consoles would be miniscule (compared to volume of other items and overall trade volume), and the amount earned per console would be quite limited. Scalpers also need to earn profit. 

Worth putting your job on the line ? 

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

FK, amazon, RD selling to scalpers is a very real possibilty. I specifically suspect RD. GTS for sure is scalping units.

Really doubt the portals are doing it. Maybe a bunch of rogue employees. 

Let's not forget the level of sophistication of bots created for scalping. And it's even worst in Western world. You gotta mix and match bots to get these in hand. Check some twitter handles openly declaring their scalps and tools. 

Oh, still waiting for a source which says scalpers are selling to FK and Amazon, who are in turn selling them at MRP. Pretty bad business model, eh ? :lol:

10 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

But the quantity of such consoles would be miniscule (compared to volume of other items and overall trade volume), and the amount earned per console would be quite limited. Scalpers also need to earn profit. 

Bro he trolling :roflroll:

18 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Let's not forget the level of sophistication of bots created for scalping. And it's even worst in Western world. You gotta mix and match bots to get these in hand. Check some twitter handles openly declaring their scalps and tools. 

Oh, still waiting for a source which says scalpers are selling to FK and Amazon, who are in turn selling them at MRP. Pretty bad business model, eh ? :lol:

Its definitely not a very widespread thing. Its more likely all these big portals have algos that scan forums and then target specific individuals to offload these suspect stocks. In this day and age of data gathering and mass surveillance anything is possible. Don't sweep it under the carpet.

Just the other day I was telling my wife I needed to exercise more and guess what showed up for christmas? An amazefit. Its scary :O

Using amazon app is faster then browser.
Also using Amazon pay upi has instant priority over cards. i was trying from 11.45 with bots on web browser with 3 sites Shotatsc,flipkart,amazon

as well as with my mobile, had two different ps5 links in my amazon wishlist. one was added recently, another was old link added to Wishlist around July and that link was not working, so was trying with new link on both browser and mobile, suddenly round 12:01 pm on my mobile i could see old link having option of add to cart, instantly added to cart whole process happened  in less then 20 seconds thanks to amazon pay upi. after paying for few minutes order was under hold then got approved.

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Obviously no one is going to write articles about scalpers selling back to websites, if the highlighted part happens and most of the people aren't buying from scalpers because of online awareness we just have to piece the stuff together, who are these scalpers going to go to get back their money if they don't find a buyer, they will go to these shady retailer contacts, who in turn will either drop a console every now and then like how you see indian console gamer twitter bot randomly posting a couple ps5 units in stock at amazon on any random non restock day, even at 3am in the morning. Or these retailers have the option of sending the stock back to sony saying users cancelled and thus they have inventory left.

Or else how can any of us justify ever diminishing restocks, and only games the shop, RD and flipkart with near zero success rate, these scalper friendly sites might as well be getting back unsold scalped stocks and then giving it back to sony so they don't lose money, sony thus have hundreds of stocks again and then bingo restock.

There is a very well connected youtuber Nitz who always has near perfect restock numbers as he has direct sony contacts, and for this months restocks he predicted the low volumes perfectly.

Now one would ignorantly post TLDR, but you wanted a source, i had to compile all sh*t out there into a single post.

Feel free to say it's a theory or whatever, I'm not the one looking for a PS5 but i feel really sorry for those who are, because for 7 months i was one of em and know that hell pretty well.

And none of the comment is aimed at you @playstationdude , just posting because people wanna stay in dental to hard facts you come across while following these console scalpings.

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Bird bhai, GTS always has stocks and only 1 or 2 are able to buy a ps5, same for reliance digital, with FK it used to have stocks but now suddenly sony stopped providing any to them [ a retailer big in india owned by walmart ] isn't it shady AF, wonder how walmart is allowing flipkart to tarnish it's name. So where are these so called minuscule inventories going ?

Read Here - Seems yes

https://www.91mobiles.com/hub/sony-center-india-employees-ps5-scalping/

If you get Rs.0 for a ps5 scalped in hopes of getting Rs.70k, wouldn't the scalper recover any money they lost.

Blitz got a july 2021 PS5 so unlike me who got a oct 2021 ps5, i don''t think it was a leftover unit kept aside for RMA requests only, such a old unit would have been cleared during the diwali peak sale time.

The world started receiving 1100A model from july onwards, and we seriously should believe india are special enough that sony gives us the most saught after high resale value 1000 model just for MRP ? The only reason here is they are clearing leftover inventory suddenly came to em.

If i am a company i would as per my country order a fixed minimum amount of stock, not some random numbers like Nitz put it, dec 06 restock 700-800, dec 28 restock 200-300, it may not have even reached a 500 mark.

You know your country has demand, even though 700-800 is low wouldn't you aim for that again at a peak festive period when kids are pestering parents for ps5, i find it hard to believe sony settled for 200-300 PS5 during christmas and new year period.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Why would scalpers sell back to websites? The entire point of the exercise is to make money :rofl:

If they aren't able to make a dime and have 50k+ invested in a non selling ps5 laying around, wouldn't they lose whatever money and give the stock back from the retailer contact they got it from, after following this scalping situation and selling various users takes on their cancelled purchases or no shows like GTS, i do feel this is a possibility.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

How can you look at the ground situation and say scalpers are not able to clear stock? People are literally buying forced bundles and scalped units hand over fist. 

Scalpers just bought today the ps5 they gave back to the retailer and now are selling for 57-58k . Did i say it right ?:roflroll:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

How can you look at the ground situation and say scalpers are not able to clear stock? People are literally buying forced bundles and scalped units hand over fist. 

I've been following youtuber like brostation, benconsolegamers watching the livestreams during each restock this month, been following reddit, and mass amount of public are being pulled away from buying a scalpped ps5, buyers are becoming aware online with hazard like warranty coverage issue, one sony center guy offered me to let me know if a scalper was selling ps5 bought from them, this was before i was able to buy mine from croma, but i said no as who knows how many months are out on the warranty, plus the purchase receipt will have scalper name and address, i imagine most sane buyer doing the exact same and staying away from scalpers.