The Playstation 5 thread

42 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

The problem with this is that it's not a cashgrab like uc legacy collection. It's a full remake that was being done by some studio and then ND unhappy with the quality decided to complete it in-house. Dunno why ND are wasting their time & resource doing stuff like this and uncharted in-house. 

Exactly bring new ip, why remake remaster every single game. 

7 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Exactly bring new ip, why remake remaster every single game. 

I believe they are working on a New IP which will get announced this year. If they delay this for the POS remakes, i will be disappointed.

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I believe they are working on a New IP which will get announced this year. If they delay this for the POS remakes, i will be disappointed.

That's most likely their MP game. Will be interesting to see if it ends up being a part of TLOU remake, a standalone TLOU themed MP title or made into a completely new IP. 

20 hours ago, AnK said:

Shadow Of the C 2005

Remake 2018

Demon Souls 2009

Remake 2020 

Dead Space 2008

Remake 2022

TLOU 2013

Remake 2022-23

I personally don’t give a f**k & won’t buy either. 
But if it would have been “ok” & “normal” to make a remake just a year or two later,then why not make a little early & in sync with the series & create more revenue/hype. 

The problem is, other than TLOU everything was a big Remake. Demon's Souls - completely remade from the ground up. Dead Space - Bringing it into the proper FHD/4k era. Shadow of the Colossus - The biggest project yet. Original was a 360p/540p SD PS2 game. They remade it from ground up and brought it with completely brand new graphics into the proper HD gen

TLOU - Game 2013, Remade into Full HD + 60 fps and all DLC in 2014 (already), and now a useless "Remaster" (can't call it a Remake) in 2022, the only difference being Haptics and 4k resolution (which was not needed).

So yup, TLOU Remake, just like UC Collection is a cash grab and a waste of time. It already had a remake. It doesn't need another (at least till PS6/PS7)

11 minutes ago, Snake said:

Japan.... Not really surprising. All JRPGs go there, and Switch is the (Official) 3DS successor and the (Unofficial) Vita's successor, so it has both the markets.

iSwitch is not a competitor to PS and Xbox though. If people want a proper comparison, they should compare Switch software sales with Mobile software sales (Can't ompare HW because Mobiles are multi-purpose and will beat the Switch by a country mile).

41 minutes ago, b!T said:

Guys, any idea when is the next drop?

No but should be next month mostly, also multiple drops on amazon yesterday (WAs forced bundle though)

32 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Switch is the BOSS ! Almost every month, every year ! :thumbsup:

I want to get one but man those game prices are insane. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Local shops offer cheaper than US/UK prices. Plus during sale, most 1st party eshops will go down to 2500-2700, and good 3rd party can go as low as 100 bucks. 

Once you get used to the portability and convenience, TV console gaming will get frustrating. Just pulling it out of your pocket or the dock, anytime, without any remote play hassles, and getting a killer battery is worth it IMO. Plus fantastic 1st party stuff. 

37 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

The third party stuff falls down in price all the time but a big reason to play Nintendo consoles are their first party games and exclusives & sadly they are not discounted often. Even when they are, the prices don't fall much. 

• Like 1