The Playstation 5 thread

6 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220110005389/en/

Take two buys Zynga for $12.7 billion.:ko:

All the money made by GTA5 through core gamers going down the casual/mobile drain. 

2 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Either the game is completely rebooted from the ground up with on foot segments etc like mad Max or make it a complete open world forza horizon like set in post apocalyptic with not just car combat but also racing and other stuff. 

The most logical evolution for Twisted Metal was always to become something like Mad Max. 

Should have happened under the watch of David Jaffe right after he was done with GoW. 

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

I call BS on the report that lucid were emoved because of all stars failing. The project was probably greenlit after destruction all stars was released or nearby. DAS has been DOA despite being free on ps plus. So either sony didn't like their vision/pitch for the game or something else.

Giving it to firesprite means either they're upping the budget and scale and want it to be a big game or they want a quick cashgrab to coincide with the tv show. One thing is for certain though there is no market the old twisted metal games in today's market.  Either the game is completely rebooted from the ground up with on foot segments etc like mad Max or make it a complete open world forza horizon like set in post apocalyptic with not just car combat but also racing and other stuff. 

Didn't know there was a report that said that, was taking a blind guess :D

16 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220110005389/en/

Take two buys Zynga for $12.7 billion.:ko:

Holy sh*t. That’s way more than the Microsoft Bethesda deal at $7.5 billion

15 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

That's where the money is at. Zynga has >30 million daily players across its games.

Not to mention all the delicious,delicious whales. In traditional gaming you have people spending $60 once (or subs like GP).

In mobiles you have people spending $1000 or more/person over a period of time, while the dev does not even have to put in serious work.

Even 1% being whales will give far more money than what developing a traditional game will give (With far less expenditure and risk to boot, churning 100 flops in mobile is no problem at all)

• Like 1

On 1/10/2022 at 11:02 AM, rushaboswal said:

Jab tak demand he tab tak lega aur bechega :thumbsup:

Now I know whom to contact when I finally do decide to buy :thumbsup:

I hope you won’t charge much premium from a fellow IVG member :fear: 

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

I can totally see people buying PS4s to play Ragnarok due to PS5 shortages. 

1 hour ago, hsk_colossus said:

Just read the article, they’re making an extra 1 mil PS4s ???.Fking nothingburger report

Edited by Snake

Sony started  moving PS4 production back to Japan on an automated assembly line 3-4 years ago. I think they wanted to end PS4 production over there and move to PS5 but shortage of chips meant either make more PS4's or slow/shut the factory. Anyways it's just 1 million units which is nothing in YoY sales.