The Playstation 5 thread

12 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Quality has been degraded? I don't think so, there were no failure rates on IVG up untill now (correct if I'm wrong).. internet says there were only 5% chance of failure. 

But the joystick drift issue was there since dualshock 2. Sony hasn't addressed it even after 3 generations of controllers. 

No, the quality hasn’t degraded. There will always be a certain percent that will die/fail.But hey , there needs to be some kind of hyperbole or FUD.

• Like 3

I’m sorry guys. But If you guys were in my shoes, you would be doubting the same thing as well. 

plus, we all know the green screen issue of ps5 while waking it from rest mode. That was pretty widespread. 

It’s easy to say I’m on minority because unluckily I’m now facing the brick. If tomorrow something happens to any of your ps5, I doubt you would be like: “oh well guess I’m the 5%… everything is fine”. 

just be aware anyway. My ps5 will be replaced as it’s under warranty. But this kindda problem shouldn’t be overlooked. Because it happened for me after 9 months. What if this happens after 1 yr? Unfortunate, right?

just be aware. That’s what I’m just informing. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Actually ive seen so many people on IVG and other groups complaining about the controller, specifically drift and trigger breaking, I'm also incline to think the QA wasnt upto mark on dualsense 

We’re talking about the console, not controller. 

no one is disagreeing with your fact that the controllers have issues. But then they also pack in a lot more tech than your average controller, so it has issues to iron out.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

also incline to think the QA wasnt upto mark on dualsense 

Faulty console units

Could be because of many factors

Pandemic and demand>supply 

Leading to crunch and manufacturing pressure 

Remember sony increasing production around summer 2021 to meet demands

Definitely some faults are gonna crop up sooner or later in some units

Case in point-- my console hanged up on shutting down screen, nothing worked and i waited for about 20 mins, then cut the power 

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

14 hours ago, SaiKO said:

Ps5 showed green screen while playing the new Uncharted thieves collection. I turned it off immediately and it’s not turning on now(turn on sound, blue bar light and then turns itself off). Done for? Do I need to call for repair now? It’s under warranty. What’s my course of action now?

I haven’t put it to rest mode while gaming. 

This is what I found on the internet about the green screen issue:

https://nerfgamer.com/facing-green-screen-on-the-ps5-heres-how-you-can-fix-this/

Hope you gets yours fixed soon mate! 

7 minutes ago, psinide said:

This is what I found on the internet about the green screen issue:

https://nerfgamer.com/facing-green-screen-on-the-ps5-heres-how-you-can-fix-this/

Hope you gets yours fixed soon mate! 

It’s not the typical green screen error from online. It’s unable to turn on, nor having able to do any hard reset by long pressing power button. 

It just beeps. Shows blue light in the ps5, turns itself off. 

I contacted Sony Support, they asked me to bring the whole PS5 unit including the box and all the stuffs with invoice and Warranty card to their service center in Koramangala.

They probably will replace it as they don't have PS5 repairman and technician in city as per the call. If it's full replacement, I guess it might gonna take some big time, probably on next restock.

Gotta go on monday for dropping it off.

5 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

I contacted Sony Support, they asked me to bring the whole PS5 unit including the box and all the stuffs with invoice and Warranty card to their service center in Koramangala.

They probably will replace it as they don't have PS5 repairman and technician in city as per the call. If it's full replacement, I guess it might gonna take some big time, probably on next restock.

Some units are already allocated to service centre to replace defective units. I don’t think you will have to wait too long to get the replacement as again some units from Feb re stock will be allocated to replace defective units.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Copyright© said:

Some units are already allocated to service centre to replace defective units. I don’t think you will have to wait too long to get the replacement as again some units from Feb re stock will be allocated to replace defective units.

I hope you are right.

53 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Never heard of official PS repairs being done here in India, always got a replacement whether in warranty or not(twice during PS3 era).

Good luck, hope you recieve it asap. 

Edited by gecko89

3 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Never heard of official PS repairs being done here in India, always got a replacement whether in warranty or not(twice during PS3 era).

Good luck, hope you recieve it asap. 

yes, that's why I asked them if they repair or replace, They said as they don't have ps5 technician in city (I guess they mean country but as you know typical support responses are like this), they are replacing the units.

2 hours ago, SaiKO said:

They take your bricked console and ship it to China or wherever, there it gets fixed and then shipped out as a refurbished piece, to be given in replacement to others who have bricked consoles.

Happens with most electronics items here not limited to PS5, you will get a refurbished piece, the refurbished ones aren't officially sold iirc, they are only meant for replacement, so technically stock issues shouldn't apply.

15 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

They take your bricked console and ship it to China or wherever, there it gets fixed and then shipped out as a refurbished piece, to be given in replacement to others who have bricked consoles.

Happens with most electronics items here not limited to PS5, you will get a refurbished piece, the refurbished ones aren't officially sold iirc, they are only meant for replacement, so technically stock issues shouldn't apply.

Hope that’s not true. They give new ds controller to the people who had issue with dual sense controller. 

48 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

They might strip for parts but I seriously doubt they send refurbished units for those who are getting faulty units replaced.

Both times I had my PS replaced, I got brand new sealed ones. (even got an upgrade once because they didn't have the same model available :D