The Playstation 5 thread

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

The gaming journalist comment really rustled your jimmies eh?? :giggle:

TBH his post is much better than 99% of the "gaming journalist" tweeted on the thread. 

I am sure had Ank carried on the same behavior as you, he would have been "warned". Different rules, eh ? ;)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

TBH his post is much better than 99% of the "gaming journalist" tweeted on the thread. 

I am sure had Ank carried on the same behavior as you, he would have been "warned". Different rules, eh ? ;)

really?

pointing out that some people have more insight into what’s going on in a certain company is considered trollish behaviour , yet sh*tting on their jobs is not??

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What rustled my jimmies some schmuck dismissing domain knowledge with a tweet from some schmuck with zero domain knowledge. 

Decided but not closed means docs signed but transaction closure pending (just like Bungie). Certainly no gaming acquisitions unannounced. It's simple arithematic. 

On a side note (18-7.4)*0.45 = 4.77. How many major game publishers can that acquire? 

The report is for Sony and not just PS, the acquisition could be anything

32 minutes ago, Snake said:

pointing out that some people have more insight into what’s going on in a certain company is considered trollish behaviour , yet sh*tting on their jobs is not??

I am sure you know that most Twitter "journalists" are posting click bait headlines, without any deep dive into financials and stuff. Their brain dead followers will believe whatever they post, without fact checking and amplify misinformation. It is so common that it's not even surprising. "sh*tting" on their jobs when all they post is sh*t is being generous. 

Isn't it better to have info from someone who did some digging in the financial report ?

And how does someone even know which "journalist" has insight into a certain companies ? With the speed at which they want to get information out, media manipulation via half assed sources is ripe. Most "gaming journalists" want views, retweets, likes etc.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

33 minutes ago, gamer_adi said:

Looking at the Uncharted movie, i am sure destiny fans "can't" wait :d

If they are going to get the creators of Arcane in there and put out similar quality stuff - then it's no surprise that people can't wait (No Sarcasm).

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I am sure you know that most Twitter "journalists" are posting click bait headlines, without any deep dive into financials and stuff. Their brain dead followers will believe whatever they post, without fact checking and amplify misinformation. It is so common that it's not even surprising. "sh*tting" on their jobs when all they post is sh*t is being generous. 

Isn't it better to have info from someone who did some digging in the financial report ?

And how does someone even know which "journalist" has insight into a certain companies ? With the speed at which they want to get information out, media manipulation via half assed sources is ripe. Most "gaming journalists" want views, retweets, likes etc.

Well, I was talking about people like Jason Schrier etc who have legit info on how the Bungie deal was months in the making while the arm chair analysts here keep harping about it being a panic buy

digging into financials are great and I appreciate the breakdown. All I’m saying is that the same report also state that there are deals that are yet undisclosed 

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Looking at the quality of Destiny cutscenes the only way is up :lol:  

The thing is, Destiny lore is very interesting (at least up until Forsaken). I used to watch Vaati's vids and was very intrigued. If Sony can tap into that potential it could be huge.

I don't have high hopes for the Uncharted movie, looks like your run of the mill popcorn movie, but Destiny has this dark origin stories which can be fleshed out into a good animated series.

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The financials are a very good document btw. Great for people who want to understand their business better.

Also a very helpful presentation of accounting treatment so uninformed people don't get puzzled by their absence on the income statement.

Japanese files usually are. I've seen enough of these files to last me a lifetime but the usually standard of quarterly/annual information release in Japan is:

• Quarter: 1 word doc report (as PDF), a presentation and an optional appendix presentation. Also, usually has another presentation version which has the concall commentary in English (seems to be the one linked in this thread)
  • Annual: Same as above plus the AR (sectional commentary is the one to read here, especially on the PS segment)
  • Every few years there is also an overall strategy road map document that outline the segment and overall company strategy, sometime this may be an annual affair and included inside of the AR itself
1 hour ago, Snake said:

The report is for Sony and not just PS, the acquisition could be anything

True, unless they break it down by segment (chances of this being in the Japanese language doc). 

Edited by LordSpymaster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Well, I was talking about people like Jason Schrier etc who have legit info on how the Bungie deal was months in the making while the arm chair analysts here keep harping about it being a panic buy

digging into financials are great and I appreciate the breakdown. All I’m saying is that the same report also state that there are deals that are yet undisclosed 

Lol, people still with the panic buy (and not to forget the 'can't afford') argument, didn't they already say they've been in talks for over 5 months. 

One doesn't have to goto Twitter for arm chair analysts, looks like the can be found here in IVG too :rofl:

Edited by gecko89

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Who here has said its a panic buy? Please tell us ? 

coz after following the threads i haven’t seen anyone say that . 

Edited by triggr happy ss

54 minutes ago, psinide said:

The thing is, Destiny lore is very interesting (at least up until Forsaken). I used to watch Vaati's vids and was very intrigued. If Sony can tap into that potential it could be huge.

I don't have high hopes for the Uncharted movie, looks like your run of the mill popcorn movie, but Destiny has this dark origin stories which can be fleshed out into a good animated series.

The Destiny lore is incredibly deep and mystifying, but unfortunately almost all of it is buried in lore cards. For eg, Vex, one of the enemies in Destiny are known to tamper with the flow of time. They built a weapon called Vex Mythoclast, its one of exotic fusion rifles you get from the raid. Its a fusion rifle, which means it should charge for a second and fire one shot like other fusion rifle. But it actually fires like an auto rifle. Why? Because the Vex built a tiny time machine in its core, so every time you press fire, it goes back in time, charges for a second, then comes back to present and fires instantaneously. The user just thinks there is no charge time. sh*t like this is burried in lore cards for every legendary/exotic weapon.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

The Destiny lore is incredibly deep and mystifying, but unfortunately almost all of it is buried in lore cards. For eg, Vex, one of the enemies in Destiny are known to tamper with the flow of time. They built a weapon called Vex Mythoclast, its one of exotic fusion rifles you get from the raid. Its a fusion rifle, which means it should charge for a second and fire one shot like other fusion rifle. But it actually fires like an auto rifle. Why? Because the Vex built a tiny time machine in its core, so every time you press fire, it goes back in time, charges for a second, then comes back to present and fires instantaneously. The user just thinks there is no charge time. sh*t like this is burried in lore cards for every legendary/exotic weapon.

The VOG raid was :wub: :majesty: For me none of the others ever measured up tp it...

16 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

31 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

From page 1 itself

52 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Who said 'every xbox guy has been saying that'? 

Forget about xbox 

you read your posts above where you talk about armchair analysts .

one guy posted it and multiple dumb posts from you guys about panic buy. What even the point?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

Damn cool. I would watch a series which covers this lore.

I remember being super lost playing the D1 campaign because a lot info was in the lore.