The Playstation 5 thread

10 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Forget about xbox 

you read your posts above where you talk about armchair analysts .

one guy posted it and multiple dumb posts from you guys about panic buy. What even the point?

That's convenient, you're the one who brought xbox into the conversation, no one said armchair analysts are limited to xbox, plus this is a PS thread, not everything's a console war my friend:D

Why not? If the same dumb topic comes up, the same dumb response follows. Lots of mileage there, some horses take a lot of beating.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

A chronological screenshot of what you get when you search "panic buy" on IVG. The first instance of the term is by KC who calls it a panic buy. Not sure if he's an xbot though. Rest of it is :giggle:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Fact of the matter is that the only comeback some people have (to non existing disses) is to repeat the same thing multiple times like a broken alarm clock. Said people have an annoying habit of constantly doing it too. Like saying "Sony is doomed" on every single post or some variation of that phrase.

If you have a good enough point, making it once is enough to shut people up. If you need to repeat it every 15 minutes, it can be because of 2 reasons:-

1. Your point isn't good enough, 

or

2. The people you are making the point to are stupid in which case, why are you wasting your time? 

I did mention such redundant 'doomed', 'broke', 'panic buy' isn't limited to one platform. Unfortunately, it's repeated even when proved otherwise. So people end up reminding the same (even if they're stupid like you said) with the hopes that one can beat it into their head. 

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The Destiny lore is incredibly deep and mystifying, but unfortunately almost all of it is buried in lore cards. For eg, Vex, one of the enemies in Destiny are known to tamper with the flow of time. They built a weapon called Vex Mythoclast, its one of exotic fusion rifles you get from the raid. Its a fusion rifle, which means it should charge for a second and fire one shot like other fusion rifle. But it actually fires like an auto rifle. Why? Because the Vex built a tiny time machine in its core, so every time you press fire, it goes back in time, charges for a second, then comes back to present and fires instantaneously. The user just thinks there is no charge time. sh*t like this is burried in lore cards for every legendary/exotic weapon.

Vex can do that sh*t so basically they are time benders. Can't they just go back in time and stop that huge ball so that guardians never comes to existence and we don't have this conversation either. 

34 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Vex can do that sh*t so basically they are time benders. Can't they just go back in time and stop that huge ball so that guardians never comes to existence and we don't have this conversation either. 

Our guardian is the "Unknown Variable" in their time logic.  :P

5 hours ago, psinide said:

The thing is, Destiny lore is very interesting (at least up until Forsaken). I used to watch Vaati's vids and was very intrigued. If Sony can tap into that potential it could be huge.

I don't have high hopes for the Uncharted movie, looks like your run of the mill popcorn movie, but Destiny has this dark origin stories which can be fleshed out into a good animated series.

4 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

The Destiny lore is incredibly deep and mystifying, but unfortunately almost all of it is buried in lore cards. For eg, Vex, one of the enemies in Destiny are known to tamper with the flow of time. They built a weapon called Vex Mythoclast, its one of exotic fusion rifles you get from the raid. Its a fusion rifle, which means it should charge for a second and fire one shot like other fusion rifle. But it actually fires like an auto rifle. Why? Because the Vex built a tiny time machine in its core, so every time you press fire, it goes back in time, charges for a second, then comes back to present and fires instantaneously. The user just thinks there is no charge time. sh*t like this is burried in lore cards for every legendary/exotic weapon.

2 hours ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Damn cool. I would watch a series which covers this lore.

I remember being super lost playing the D1 campaign because a lot info was in the lore.

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

27 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

Our guardian is the "Unknown Variable" in their time logic.  :P

I really want to get into D2, but as a noob I know it’ll take way too much time to get upto speed in terms of light levels or gear. Unfortunately I dont have too much free time for that

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I really want to get into D2, but as a noob I know it’ll take way too much time to get upto speed in terms of light levels or gear. Unfortunately I dont have too much free time for that

You can just jump on and play the co-op missions. I would just log on and play whatever is available. It scales fine, I couldn't make out head or tail of what's happening and why but the gunplay and levels make up for it. Give it a shot I would suggest.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't think you understood but whatever. Maybe if the high IQ reminders aren't working, it's time to stop the the spam reminders.

Na, they stop when those posts stop. Besides, just ignore the reminders like those posts are ignored :)

13 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

You can just jump on and play the co-op missions. I would just log on and play whatever is available. It scales fine, I couldn't make out head or tail of what's happening and why but the gunplay and levels make up for it. Give it a shot I would suggest.

Is there an option to level the playing field to some extent at least, I'd be starting on level 1 if I jumped into it now. As in any paid dlcs to help late joiners? 

Edited by gecko89

13 minutes ago, Snake said:

7 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

They f'ed up by sunsetting the main campaign. And i believe for new players it still launches the first seasonal mission by default even before you get to play the intro missions. So the narrative doesn't leave a good experience. 

I was so fortunate to give D2 a shot long before campaign was sunset and had a blast (Even then it was confusing for new lights like me). 

Would recommend to start playing and then see some old campaign videos or some quick recap videos to come up to speed. Its best experienced with co-op. So if you are new and you play along with anyone experienced, pretty sure you will end up loving it

Just now, gecko89 said:

Na, they stop when those posts stop. Besides, just ignore the reminders like those posts are ignored :)

Is there an option to bring the level to a level playing field to some extent at least, I'd be starting on level 1 if I jumped in into it now. As in any paid dlcs to help late joiners? 

You don't start at 1.   every new season, ranks reset and all start at the "new" level 1 for that season and work your way up. So, you can start playing this now to get an idea and when WQ launches, your rank will be brought up to sync with the base level for WQ

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Is there an option to level the playing field to some extent at least, I'd be starting on level 1 if I jumped into it now. As in any paid dlcs to help late joiners? 

There is no level 1 in the game. When I started playing, I was at level 740 or something. 

And I used to do Strikes with players at level 1200 something.

And sometimes used to get award of highest damage dealer.

It is confusing, but I just ignored it and focused on shooting. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's pretty hard to understand for noobs. I tried playing it when it was on GP. Was super confused and dropped. I had played Destiny TTK on ps3 and that game did a much better job at educating new players.

42 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

28 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

They f'ed up by sunsetting the main campaign. And i believe for new players it still launches the first seasonal mission by default even before you get to play the intro missions. So the narrative doesn't leave a good experience. 

I was so fortunate to give D2 a shot long before campaign was sunset and had a blast (Even then it was confusing for new lights like me). 

Would recommend to start playing and then see some old campaign videos or some quick recap videos to come up to speed. Its best experienced with co-op. So if you are new and you play along with anyone experienced, pretty sure you will end up loving it

I played it for a few hours many months ago did a few raids but couldn’t put in the time needed. Plus I’m sure RNGesus hates me because I rarely got and good weapons., even after raid completion :roflroll:

37 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

You don't start at 1.   every new season, ranks reset and all start at the "new" level 1 for that season and work your way up. So, you can start playing this now to get an idea and when WQ launches, your rank will be brought up to sync with the base level for WQ

10 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

There is no level 1 in the game. When I started playing, I was at level 740 or something. 

And I used to do Strikes with players at level 1200 something.

And sometimes used to get award of highest damage dealer.

It is confusing, but I just ignored it and focused on shooting. 

Neat, will give it a shot once current games done. 

25 minutes ago, Snake said:

I played it for a few hours many months ago did a few raids but couldn’t put in the time needed. Plus I’m sure RNGesus hates me because I rarely got and good weapons., even after raid completion :roflroll:

Yup, the grind is real... If you don't care about story, I'm sure Bungie will add a 'pay2lvl' item for new players starting off from The Witch Queen. It will get to to the base lvl requirements for Witch Queen, but you'll pretty much be useless without the exotics and other gear. This is what happened to me, and I needed to be carried to grind out the gear. I kind of lost interest and stopped playing. I had only skipped Shadowkeep and jumped into Beyond Light, unfortunately Bungie didn't have the 'pay2lvl' item for sale when I jumped into Divine Light - it usually releases along with the expansion for a limited time (I think)

There seems to be a problem with my ps5. Everytime I start a game it shuts down automatically. Works perfectly in the UI or store or even yt. But once I start a game it shuts down instantly. Anyone knows what's causing this? Already tried the rebuild database and reset data but problem still there. 

Thank God I got it via warranty or else would've been fked.