The Playstation 5 thread

20 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

There seems to be a problem with my ps5. Everytime I start a game it shuts down automatically. Works perfectly in the UI or store or even yt. But once I start a game it shuts down instantly. Anyone knows what's causing this? Already tried the rebuild database and reset data but problem still there. 

Thank God I got it via warranty or else would've been fked. 

So weird, Guess first of the kind here that I am hearing... Factory Reset should usually fix the issue but looks like major issue not fixing even with that.. Is your model new one with smaller fan or something ??

32 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

There seems to be a problem with my ps5. Everytime I start a game it shuts down automatically. Works perfectly in the UI or store or even yt. But once I start a game it shuts down instantly. Anyone knows what's causing this? Already tried the rebuild database and reset data but problem still there. 

Thank God I got it via warranty or else would've been fked. 

Probably the fan or the liquid metal isn't doing its job and the system is shutting down to prevent damage from overheating. 

Get it replaced. 

22 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Probably the fan or the liquid metal isn't doing its job and the system is shutting down to prevent damage from overheating. 

Get it replaced. 

Makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

If it's under warranty and your generic troubleshooting stuff isn't working, just replace it.

I will. Just checking if anyone else had a similar problem..

Here's an update. 

Ps4 version of game seems to work just fine. So I tried god of war and it works. Tried immortals PS4 disc version and it works but then tried the ps5 version from the same disc and it immediately shut down. Same with other native ps5 games like uncharted collection and astrobot. 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Here's an update. 

Ps4 version of game seems to work just fine. So I tried god of war and it works. Tried immortals PS4 disc version and it works but then tried the ps5 version from the same disc and it immediately shut down. Same with other native ps5 games like uncharted collection and astrobot. 

Get it replaced bro, don't delay

Edited by Snake

10 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Here's an update. 

Just try to reinstall the system software( or whatever it's called ) through safe mode if that's possible on PS5, that will rule out any software issues

If that doesn't work out then replace it, no use hair-pulling over some hardware issue that you can't change.

26 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Here's an update. 

Reddit has couple of threads with the same issue, don't see any resolution there, replacement seems to be the final option. 

A software reset is worth a shot though.

A wild guess is that it's an SSD issue. I would assume that native PS5 apps utilise the SSD in a specific manner vs. the usage by the PS4 apps.

However, as mentioned by several people above, my vote is for a replacement, too!

Quick Question: Is warranty still applicable on a replacement PS5?

Sony had Jim Ryan host a chat with analysts today (well, yesterday, Japan time). Reading through the summaries, nothing super new:

Bungie acquisition enables Sony to accelerate development of its 10 GAAS titles; bolsters Sony's ability to acquire marketing and PR expertise in the live service gaming area

Ryan highlighted that if mobile devices serve as an initial source of engagement with the PS ecosystem, it can lead to a monetization of the home console for the premium experience - they noted that there have been individuals who experienced Fortnite on a mobile device and then purchased a PS console after as a result. Sony wants to further establish seamless experiences between mobile and console devices, as that will boost engagements and monetization

As for multiplatform strategy, he cited that Sony's first attempts at bringing PS4 titles to the PC was met with criticism by gamers of the PS ecosystem, but it lessened with Days Gone and GoW has been favorable feedback

Sony has not completed its "game software/franchise strengthening" strategy and is considering a number of targets

Sony is well positioned for the metaverse and already has a rich history of providing shared experiences for gamers in a virtual space

NFTs...they are studying legal ramifications and taxes in various countries and also want to shield PS community from exploitation

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot25-aloy-brings-a-bow-to-a-giant-machine-fight.544040/page-170#post-81547661

Edited by Snake

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Sony had Jim Ryan host a chat with analysts today (well, yesterday, Japan time). Reading through the summaries, nothing super new:

Bungie acquisition enables Sony to accelerate development of its 10 GAAS titles; bolsters Sony's ability to acquire marketing and PR expertise in the live service gaming area

Ryan highlighted that if mobile devices serve as an initial source of engagement with the PS ecosystem, it can lead to a monetization of the home console for the premium experience - they noted that there have been individuals who experienced Fortnite on a mobile device and then purchased a PS console after as a result. Sony wants to further establish seamless experiences between mobile and console devices, as that will boost engagements and monetization

As for multiplatform strategy, he cited that Sony's first attempts at bringing PS4 titles to the PC was met with criticism by gamers of the PS ecosystem, but it lessened with Days Gone and GoW has been favorable feedback

Sony has not completed its "game software/franchise strengthening" strategy and is considering a number of targets

Sony is well positioned for the metaverse and already has a rich history of providing shared experiences for gamers in a virtual space

NFTs...they are studying legal ramifications and taxes in various countries and also want to shield PS community from exploitation

Source: https://www.resetera.com/threads/playstation-studios-ot25-aloy-brings-a-bow-to-a-giant-machine-fight.544040/page-170#post-81547661

While console fanboys fight ,PC gamers will have a hell of a generation it seems .

surely sony is considering day 1 pc release with Gow pc doing so well ,alongside their focus on gaas titles.

11 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

While console fanboys fight ,PC gamers will have a hell of a generation it seems .

surely sony is considering day 1 pc release with Gow pc doing so well ,alongside their focus on gaas titles.

Na, if anything it guarantees its coming to PC eventually but not Day 1.

35 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

24 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Yup

Sony's strategy is pretty cunning. They are in console business still. They will not release major games on PC Day 1 (Other than indies like Sifu and 3rd party paid for games like Ghostwire or Forspoken). When the game either gets a sequel planned/announced (Like Horizon/GoW) or becomes worthless in Sony's eyes (Like Days Gone), they will release the first game on PC.

This ensures that PC people get hyped up about the game, but will be in a state of FOMO and buy a PS5 so they can play the sequel immediately or shortly after.

GoW Ragnarok, Horizon 2 etc. will come to PC. But that will happen when their sequels are announced and about to release. They will most likely come to PC a minimum of 3-5 years down the line.

Sony is not into Cloud, like MS. So there is no benefit for them releasing games Day 1 on PC. If anything, I would say it's a loss for them, since their console sales will suffer.

Edited by roun90

42 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Yeah GoW, Days Gone etc success just tells that they can release it 2-3 years down the line when console sales have dried up, charge $50, fix most of the bug and hit the reset button on sales graph. Bonus points for making a competent port from get go like DS and GoW.

They will put those 10 gaas titles on PC day 1 though, you can count on it.

12 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah GoW, Days Gone etc success just tells that they can release it 2-3 years down the line when console sales have dried up, charge $50, fix most of the bug and hit the reset button on sales graph. Bonus points for making a competent port from get go like DS and GoW.

They will put those 10 gaas titles on PC day 1 though, you can count on it.

Yup, that nixxes acquisition is turning out pretty good for them. I think they helped ironing out the initial bugs with Days gone and HZD too, along with GoW. 

7 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

It will happen with mp games day 1 and then eventually all .

delaying to release mp games doesnt make sense for service games just to make fanboys happy.

Ofcourse.

MP titles Day 1 sure, first party single player games Day 1 probably never.