The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

Yup, that nixxes acquisition is turning out pretty good for them. I think they helped ironing out the initial bugs with Days gone and HZD too, along with GoW. 

Ofcourse.

MP titles Day 1 sure, first party single player games Day 1 probably never.

Doubt they bought nixxes to make pc ports. None of their pc games were even ported by them. They'll most likely be a support studio for GG and their next MP project. They only helped with the last patch because GG did the pc port in-house & they want to push decima as a big multi-platform engine.

Only Days gone was done internally that's bcoz they had no project to work on and both uncharted & gow were done by external teams. 

As for their MP games launching day 1 on PC, it won't be for the first time they did. They launched predator on both pc and ps4 same day and SOE mmo's would also launch on both back in the day, sometimes even first on PC. 

1 hour ago, Heaven Angel said:

Question: A friend wants to buy Ghostwire: Tokyo digitally but don't have PS Plus. If I temporary give him access to my primary plus ID will he able to buy the game at discounted price on his account? 

He can buy.. but it will be on your ID :rofl:

17 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Doubt they bought nixxes to make pc ports. None of their pc games were even ported by them. They'll most likely be a support studio for GG and their next MP project. They only helped with the last patch because GG did the pc port in-house & they want to push decima as a big multi-platform engine.

Only Days gone was done internally that's bcoz they had no project to work on and both uncharted & gow were done by external teams. 

Weird, Alex from DF was thanking Nixxes for all those. 

7 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Question: A friend wants to buy Ghostwire: Tokyo digitally but don't have PS Plus. If I temporary give him access to my primary plus ID will he able to buy the game at discounted price on his account? 

How will he buy the game with one account and keep it with him in another account?

2 minutes ago, Aercy said:

How will he buy the game with one account and keep it with him in another account?

He'll be buying on his account. Just need temporary ps plus account for the discount. 

Anyway, this won't work. He'll buy at full price. 

8 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

While console fanboys fight ,PC gamers will have a hell of a generation it seems .

surely sony is considering day 1 pc release with Gow pc doing so well ,alongside their focus on gaas titles.

No this won't happen as long as they keep selling PS consoles.

What you're seeing now is 2+ year old PS4 "exclusives" coming to PC, it's just another way for them to make full price money on old games by porting it to PC where there is a thirst for the exclusives.

Most people here have the below reasoning about sony porting ex-exclusives to PC :- 

8 hours ago, roun90 said:

Sony's strategy is pretty cunning. They are in console business still. They will not release major games on PC Day 1 (Other than indies like Sifu and 3rd party paid for games like Ghostwire or Forspoken). When the game either gets a sequel planned/announced (Like Horizon/GoW) or becomes worthless in Sony's eyes (Like Days Gone), they will release the first game on PC.

This ensures that PC people get hyped up about the game, but will be in a state of FOMO and buy a PS5 so they can play the sequel immediately or shortly after.

But below is what is more likely

8 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Yeah GoW, Days Gone etc success just tells that they can release it 2-3 years down the line when console sales have dried up, charge $50, fix most of the bug and hit the reset button on sales graph. Bonus points for making a competent port from get go like DS and GoW.

They will put those 10 gaas titles on PC day 1 though, you can count on it.

You can expect when the R&C PS5 and Demon's Souls remake hit 2-3 years from release and are rock bottom discount on PSN sales and in retail, suddenly they will release PC ports for those too for $60 to cash in on the thirst.

Day 1 is not happening, they won't allow PS5 sales to be cannibalized..

• Like 1

FK1yEhcWUAo-jBB?format=jpg&name=900x900

PlayStation VR2 specs from the official page:

4K HDR visuals up to 120fps

2000 x 2040 OLED displays

110º field of view

lens adjustment dial

eye tracking cameras

headset cameras

headset feedback

Tempest 3D audio

Single-cable connection

Only if I could use these. 

1 minute ago, Aercy said:

I don’t know why but I just don’t get excited with VR, we are just not there yet where it feels like a natural movement induced control 

Maybe cause immersion is the key, virtual realitys worth is in its ease and extent of inmersion

The ready player one type VR might be good eperimentally but external VR cant compete against a SAO type nervegear full dive, neuralink or some advanced AR sh*t...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Idk if you've used VR but it's the absolute pinnacle of immersion even with a low spec VR system like psvr. While Superhot VR, I would ducking ducking and shooting like my life depended on it. 

The only reason I sold it off was it was wildly inconvenient with its many cables. 

Immersion is not necessarily a deciding factor of a good gaming experience. I’d pick up a good story based gaming session over MP or VR, and I don’t see VR substituting it anytime soon. VR is just another form of gaming and more suitable for casual gaming/party game format. That’s what I feel.

18 minutes ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Maybe cause immersion is the key, virtual realitys worth is in its ease and extent of inmersion

The ready player one type VR might be good eperimentally but external VR cant compete against a SAO type nervegear full dive, neuralink or some advanced AR sh*t...

If it is expand into neural network like the Black Mirror episodes then it’s a different ball game.

32 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

Impotent massage.. 

What sort of renting is he talking about? Disc based?? Asking as a person I know actually rents PSN IDs that have certain games tied to them.. So that sort of game sharing almost always gets your console banned eventually. 

Edited by rAgHaV

10 minutes ago, rAgHaV said:

What sort of renting is he talking about? Disc based?? Asking as a person I know actually rents PSN IDs that have certain games tied to them.. So that sort of game sharing almost always gets your console banned eventually. 

Digital

Not console but few IDs got banned.