The Playstation 5 thread

Whenever we go to a mall with a funzone, we checkout VR kiosks. Kid loves it/

Last time we were hooked to Ubisoft's Rabbids kiosk.

I don't know but a game like RnC could be a lot of fun with VR.

Actually, I would like QD to do some good story-telling game with VR.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There are solid games on VR. Try Blood and Truth for example. It's a proper action packed game with car chases and aeroplane chases and big action setpieces. So f**king good. 

Even borderlands 2 was very solid but I couldn't play it due to motion sickness.

Wipeout VR was also too good. The complete Wipeout collection in VR. What else do you want? There is also thumper, Superhot VR, etc. which are sorta arcade games but still fun as hell. 

Also, Astrobot VR.

A proper game that is guaranteed to blow away anyone who plays it. The sense of scale in some of the levels is f**king insane and that is just not possible without VR.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Idk if you've used VR but it's the absolute pinnacle of immersion even with a low spec VR system like psvr. While Superhot VR, I would ducking ducking and shooting like my life depended on it. 

The only reason I sold it off was it was wildly inconvenient with its many cables. 

Yes i have used vr. 

Anyone who will read the whole thing i wrote will know i was just comparing current VR tech (mainly auditory and visual) to somthing like nervegear or even haptic suits.

VR headsets offer great immersion yes, but one is conscious that A/V receptors are being fooled in the process, 

I never dissed on VR , was just comparing it

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

9 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

What's nervegear? 

So there are haptic suits which i think will be the pinnacle of externallly induced VR which is also cool, 

Then there are BCIs which can simulate all 5 senses in a controlled manner, kind of like controlled lucid dreaming( matrix sim reality)

Ofc neuralink n BCIs are in primitive dev stage right now( medical use), but its just a matter of computing power and we probably have to attain singularuty (thats when AIs problem solving ability will exceed human brains) for it

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

2 hours ago, Modern_Ubermensch said:

Why such contempt for fifa bro:fear:

JK

Bought Fifa 21 for cheap last year, but this time went for Fifa 22 at launch and quite frankly not that much different. And really, spending 5k every year on Fifa is a questionable choice, so will buy again after 4 years. In between I’ll just depend on GamePass for the 6-months-later appearance on EA Play

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There are solid games on VR. Try Blood and Truth for example. It's a proper action packed game with car chases and aeroplane chases and big action setpieces. So f**king good. 

Even borderlands 2 was very solid but I couldn't play it due to motion sickness.

Wipeout VR was also too good. The complete Wipeout collection in VR. What else do you want? There is also thumper, Superhot VR, etc. which are sorta arcade games but still fun as hell. 

Played Superhot on my friend's PSVR... it was an awesome experience. 

Literally anyone can play this game without any interest in gaming and still like it instantly. 

• Like 1

any of you guys have a fix for the dualsense battery indicator? Its supposed to have some issue where it keeps showing very low battery but still has hours of juice left (almost 30-40% in some cases) . I have tried this myself. It shows low battery fairly quickly like 3 hours in, and then starts showing connect controller but still lasts for another 3 hours or so. 

1 hour ago, Soultrader92 said:

any of you guys have a fix for the dualsense battery indicator? Its supposed to have some issue where it keeps showing very low battery but still has hours of juice left (almost 30-40% in some cases) . I have tried this myself. It shows low battery fairly quickly like 3 hours in, and then starts showing connect controller but still lasts for another 3 hours or so. 

Same. But I am mostly sitting close to the console so often play wired.

2 hours ago, Aercy said:

Same. But I am mostly sitting close to the console so often play wired.

Yeah the cable is long enough, so I end up doing that as well. But its quite annoying. Also multiple charge cycles are bad for batteries just a much as very low charges, so not sure why Sony has chosen to do this. I am saying chosen to do this, because its a simple calibration thing which happens with all batteries, fairly certain this can be fixed with a firmware update and one full discharge cycle afterwards for proper calibration.
My guess is that they will do exactly this - keep adjusting the calibration so that the indicator shows up later and later to compensate for the general degradation of batteries over time, Such that the average user sees the same performance over time.