The Playstation 5 thread

16 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

Why all issues are popping up now after my warranty has expired :censored:

Legit, i thought the same thing when this happened bro :giggle:

My piece has also began coil whining sometimes and a couple of hangs has somewhat dwindled my faith, :fear:

Too much fun lol 

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

14 hours ago, Soultrader92 said:

any of you guys have a fix for the dualsense battery indicator? Its supposed to have some issue where it keeps showing very low battery but still has hours of juice left (almost 30-40% in some cases) . I have tried this myself. It shows low battery fairly quickly like 3 hours in, and then starts showing connect controller but still lasts for another 3 hours or so. 

I think we can all agree that the battery indicator is not accurate, calibration issue for sure, shits confusing yes 

Edited by Modern_Ubermensch

31 minutes ago, rushaboswal said:

Honestly good if you can finish games in a week. Also that shop is soon gonna get a hearing from sony i bet ?

It's a terrible way to play a game actually. 

You'll be in a hurry to finish and will turn out to be a speedrun. 

49 minutes ago, Vamos said:

It's a terrible way to play a game actually. 

You'll be in a hurry to finish and will turn out to be a speedrun. 

For me it indeed is terrible  . i get two hours a day max so thats just 14 hours . but for some its a steal. 
But then why not just buy play and sell. Costs the same or less.

2 hours ago, rushaboswal said:

For me it indeed is terrible  . i get two hours a day max so thats just 14 hours . but for some its a steal. 
But then why not just buy play and sell. Costs the same or less.

For those who wants play COD SP, it’s a steal considering it’s overpriced and a short campaign. Not recommended for RPGs. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, aquaticbullet said:

I really hope the components are of high quality and the hardware lasts really long ?

Any idea how long PS4s lasted for folks without throwing any issues?

I think it will depend on usage and care to some extent. Thing is with electronics you can never predict. Just prepare yourself that when it goes kaboom, you buy the next mid-iteration (PS5.5) :P

32 minutes ago, aquaticbullet said:

I really hope the components are of high quality and the hardware lasts really long ?

Mine still works perfectly 

53 minutes ago, aquaticbullet said:

Mine probably still works, my DS4 is busted and don't want to buy a new one.

The PS4 disc drive died and it had some random restart issues( mostly because of some problem with the power button which was some touch based thing, they removed it in later iterations )

But overall the hardware is solid, these are all minor things, nothing like console being bricked or not being able to play it's own games like how KC PS5 is having.

1 hour ago, aquaticbullet said:

Same as others, my ps4 didn't break or did anything weird. Base version I sold after getting preowned pro from an IVG member, sold that when I got ps5. Both had worked excellent. 

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Mine probably still works, my DS4 is busted and don't want to buy a new one.

The PS4 disc drive died and it had some random restart issues( mostly because of some problem with the power button which was some touch based thing, they removed it in later iterations )

But overall the hardware is solid, these are all minor things, nothing like console being bricked or not being able to play it's own games like how KC PS5 is having.

Launch model. Mine has no power or eject buttons. Removed the contacts for both. Everything else works peachy. Og DS4 lasted till 2020 before it gave out.

5 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

It's not illegal to rent out discs though is it? 

Yeah come to think of it, it probably is, proper rental places have to shell out a lot more per disc Co. Pared to retail price because they're also paying for rental rights for the discs. At least thats how it used to work back in the day with dvd rental shops.