The Playstation 5 thread

4 hours ago, roun90 said:

The official ATLUS Channel has been posting these videos over the past 1 week

These are the original openings (without even any improvement in resolution). But it's strange that it's coming from the Official ATLUS Channel. Generally, they love to pretend that Persona 1 and Persona 2 Duology doesn't exist.

If they are posting this now, is it a sign that we will soon be getting a Remaster/Remake (Most probably Remake) announcement for Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment?

Would be mind-blowing news if tru. Especially if they update the gameplay to modern Persona Standards. These original Persona games had some of the best stories in gaming period.

Big fan of P4G, was Persona 1 and 2 that fun? I heard it was tougher and darker.

Edited by Aercy

15 hours ago, Aercy said:

Big fan of P4G, was Persona 1 and 2 that fun? I heard it was tougher and darker.

Yup, those games are great. Stories in those games are some of the best in gaming. Dark, yes - but not pointlessly dark just for the sake of it - like most modern games are. Amazing Lovecraftian Psychological Thrillers. The stories are something everyone should experience. Characters were also really great, and their stories and relationships were excellent.

But gameplay needs to be over-hauled completely to suit a modern audience. They had a very complex and bloated turn based system, that would not be fun for most people now (me included). There was no Social Link/Confidant system. Not much city to explore (unlike Persona 3 FES onwards). Far too much random battles, that will tire everyone out. Negotiation system that was very random from what I remember.

So yup, ATLUS is sitting on some really amazing games, that is just desperately asking for modernization.

• Like 1

As reported by Variety, the Tom Holland-led video game adaptation opened in 15 overseas markets this past weekend and had the biggest debut in the United Kingdom with $6.4 million in ticket sales. When compared to other pandemic-era films, Uncharted is "tracking 12% above Eternals, 18% above Black Widow and 21% higher than Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings at similar points in their theatrical rollouts."

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

As reported by Variety, the Tom Holland-led video game adaptation opened in 15 overseas markets this past weekend and had the biggest debut in the United Kingdom with $6.4 million in ticket sales. When compared to other pandemic-era films, Uncharted is "tracking 12% above Eternals, 18% above Black Widow and 21% higher than Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings at similar points in their theatrical rollouts."

why is this being posted in the ps5 thread? 

Doesn’t this belong in the movies section?

40 minutes ago, djdgr8 said:

My dualsense has started drifting anyone just as it went out of warranty.  Any one have any idea on where to get it fixed? 

Go to Sony center itself and ask them what to do.. these problem will only grow from now as most Day 1 India warranty is expiring..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djdgr8 said:

My dualsense has started drifting anyone just as it went out of warranty.  Any one have any idea on where to get it fixed? 

If Sony doesn't repair / replace it your next best option is to use some isopropyl alcohol and clean around the stick. If that doesn't work then you'll need to open it up and swap the sticks / potentiometer.

There are guides for both on YouTube.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, djdgr8 said:

The rubber grip on my left stick has torn around the edges - I had this problem with multiple DS4s, surprised that Sony hasn't fixed it yet. And another issue I face is while playing an intense game of fifa, the down or right d-pad gets pressed when I'm pushing the left stick close to the top left quadrant. Disappointed with the quality, thinking of getting a new black one..

53 minutes ago, psinide said:

The rubber grip on my left stick has torn around the edges - I had this problem with multiple DS4s, surprised that Sony hasn't fixed it yet. And another issue I face is while playing an intense game of fifa, the down or right d-pad gets pressed when I'm pushing the left stick close to the top left quadrant. Disappointed with the quality, thinking of getting a new black one..

It's the analog sticks that goes into these controllers. It's the same sticks used since PS3 gen across xbox, Nintendo & playstation. 

Someone on reddit had done the math. Basis the number of moves the analog sticks at are rated at, if it's used daily then it should last a little over a year before drift starts kicking in. At this point the failure of these controllers are by design and not bugs. 

I don't know if there's a way to improve the stick quality but if not that then they should make the repair at least easier and have the sticks be hot swappable or easier to switch out like the Valve Steamdeck. But I'm assuming numbers wise it more profitable to sell more controllers than increase longevity of older ones.

4 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

It's the analog sticks that goes into these controllers. It's the same sticks used since PS3 gen across xbox, Nintendo & playstation. 

Someone on reddit had done the math. Basis the number of moves the analog sticks at are rated at, if it's used daily then it should last a little over a year before drift starts kicking in. At this point the failure of these controllers are by design and not bugs. 

I don't know if there's a way to improve the stick quality but if not that then they should make the repair at least easier and have the sticks be hot swappable or easier to switch out like the Valve Steamdeck. But I'm assuming numbers wise it more profitable to sell more controllers than increase longevity of older ones.

I was waiting for a decent 'pro' controller - the sucffs are just refitted DualSense. Was using the Nacon Revolution Unlimited wireless on the PS4 and used it for years, till I sold it off with the PS4 after the PS5 was delivered. 

9 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

I’ve rarely seen this issue with Nintendo Pro Controller tbh.