The Playstation 5 thread

15 minutes ago, aquaticbullet said:

So this is the 3rd time I experienced that my PS5 switched off randomly in middle of gaming session.

Anyone who is facing this ?

This is just a month old unit. And we usually play maximum for 1 - 1.5 hours at a stretch. Don't thing overheating is a problem.

Is it happening on the same game? Its happened to me maybe twice so far, I got my Ps5 at launch. I faced the rest mode bug a few times and now completely stopped using that functionality

8 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Hmmmn..... Who could be funding her?

Doubt the studio last long. She doesn’t have proper experience as game director. Directed on Ghostwire but left it for unknown reasons. 

She just unnecessary became famous due to her “dance” at E3. 

1 hour ago, psinide said:

Is it happening on the same game? Its happened to me maybe twice so far, I got my Ps5 at launch. I faced the rest mode bug a few times and now completely stopped using that functionality

Nope different games.
And I don't use the rest mode at all.

6 hours ago, aquaticbullet said:

So this is the 3rd time I experienced that my PS5 switched off randomly in middle of gaming session.

Anyone who is facing this ?

This is just a month old unit. And we usually play maximum for 1 - 1.5 hours at a stretch. Don't thing overheating is a problem.

Randomly read on reddit about dust build up at the dust catch slot ? or something like that causing this. But yours is new so not sure. 

Shutdowns seems primarily linked to either dust build up / ventilation related heating issues

On 3/12/2022 at 3:13 PM, AnK said:

Any idea when new PS5 version will start to roll out in India?!?

As speed demon said, thought we already got the updated version, one with the smaller heatsink.

As for the new controller, the only way to know for sure is through model number, has a suffix 'A'. 

2 hours ago, gecko89 said:

As speed demon said, thought we already got the updated version, one with the smaller heatsink.

As for the new controller, the only way to know for sure is through model number, has a suffix 'A'. 

Thats what i thought too, any members who pre ordered in feb can confirm if they got the updated version which is with a smaller heatsink?

Waiting for the next PS5 restock to happen here, hope they are not dumping the older stock model for Indians.

Hogwarts Legacy focused State of Play this Thursday, on March 17th

• 20 Minutes long
• 14 Minutes of Gameplay captured on PlayStation 5, and interviews with the dev team
• Hogwarts Legacy debut trailer has over 28+ Million Views on PlayStation channel

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/14/live-the-unwritten-in-thursdays-hogwarts-legacy-state-of-play/

FN0P0lrXEAM9ERa?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 8

On 3/11/2022 at 10:06 PM, gecko89 said:

Thats great news as i have been exp drift in left stick , which resolved temporarily upon dust blowout 

Getting a new one will be an easy choice now