The Playstation 5 thread

51 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

VRR helps with framepacing (random stutter) and screen tearing by matching the game framerate with display framerate. And screen tearing is usually not an issue with modern games. If however you're sensitive to framerate drops it wont do jack. A 45 fps game will feel like 45 fps game on both VRR and non-VRR displays. Its not a crutch like some people believe if your game wavers between 30-50 fps.

Yeah from what i read it seems to be a way to match (slow down) GPU output to match a slower screen, and just works for screen tearing rather than frame drops. 

24 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

Yeah from what i read it seems to be a way to match (slow down) GPU output to match a slower screen, and just works for screen tearing rather than frame drops. 

It slows down the screen to match the GPU output.

It’s good for games that drop to around 50’s 

& anything beyond 60-120 coz that output still has a lot of screen tearing once it suddenly drops to 80-100 from 120. 

It’s obviously beneficial but just not as much as Digital Foundry would like you to believe. 

9 minutes ago, AnK said:

It’s good for games that drop to around 50’s 

& anything beyond 60-120 coz that output still has a lot of screen tearing once it suddenly drops to 80-100 from 120. 

It’s obviously beneficial but just not as much as Digital Foundry would like you to believe. 

Huge difference with Series S in Guardian of the Galaxy. It has an unlocked frame rate mode that's unplayable without VRR.

With VRR it's much smoother than locked 30 fps mode. With IQ of a 30 fps game. I hope all games get option to unlock frame rate.

4 hours ago, hope said:

Any bots for update of tomo restock?

2 hours ago, speeddemon said:

Please no bots. Let players buy it & not scalpers who are eyeing this forum too.

Yup there is already a scalper who keeps doing this every drop.... someone someone r_s_ab o_w_l :P 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PlainDosa said:

damn! that's really bad

usually mid-range gaming monitors with VRR only have hdmi 2.0, only very expensive ones have hdmi 2.1

it seems only expensive TVs and expensive monitors can get VRR with PS5

I am playing Elden Ring on XSX on my Acer 1440p hdmi 2.0 Freesync monitor at quality mode, freesync VRR is working so well that I find it as smooth as fps mode 99% of times 

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

which model? size, resolution, hz?

This one...

It's a new launch and Amazon was offering it quiet a bit cheaper. Couldn't help it.

LG Ultragear Gaming 60 cm (24 inch) IPS Full HD - 144Hz, 1ms, G-Sync Compatible, Freesync Premium, sRGB 99%, HDMI x 2, Display Port, HP Out, HDR 10, Tilt/Pivot/Height Adjust Stand - 24GN650 (Black) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B09T354DQ8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_7MGSPW8TRFBPJZKWXS3B?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Friend was able to order from Vijay Sales, hope they don't f*** anything up... 

I got mine from them at launch, they came through on time. In fact, mine was one of first among my friends who had ordered from Amazon, Flipkart, ShopSC & Reliance Digital

Almost all Platytation studios working on different projects.

FOmiG-VacAAdXOe?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Sucker Punch, Guerrilla and Insomniac are (will be) working on Multiplayer projects? 

Seems PS is now leaning towards MP games. Despite of Jim Ryan/Hermen Hulst's statements. 

Insomniac have their plate full for most of the generation with Marvel SP games,doubt they'll ever get time.

Guerilla just finished HFW & will work on dlc next.

Their next game is years away.

Sucker Punch MP?! I don't think so.

Haven & Deviation games are the only mp exclusives coming out of Sony in near future.

Till the time COD is multiplatform they don't really need to worry...but if late this gen or starting next gen COD goes Xbox exclusive then they would have no other option but to make Bungie's new projects exclusive.

Edited by AnK