The Playstation 5 thread

37 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They don't offer next gen upgrades even for games that have it. Massive deal breaker imo. 

PSnow was strictly a PS4 service so far. 
No PS5 content or version was offered as of yet but that’s evidently changing. 

2 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Jim ryan can now brag to the investors that we have more ps now subscribers than GP.

Master stroke :lol:

They always did have “more subscribers” technically.

They just don’t see themselves worth comparison.....for obvious reasons. 

Edited by AnK

PlayStation Plus Extra seems to be the one for me. They still don't have any details on the streaming service launch timeline/plan for India, so the final tier subscription is practically useless for me. I'd need to look out for the full PS5/PS4 game catalogue they have to offer on the Extra tier before planning to opt for it. $100 a year seems fine provides the games available are worth it. It's pathetic to see them still peddle Cloud saves as a PS+ feature. They took out USB back-up for PS5 titles, at least provide cloud back-up as a free service like Microsoft. 

4 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Also shouldnt the demos be free? Its so scummy to put it behind a subscription ,hopefully doesnt become a trend .

It's more than a demo, IMO. A glorified demo, I guess. It's part of the full game and not a demo 'section of a game' that's separately released.

And if you are happy after the 4 or 5 hours, you can buy the game and the whole thing unlocks and your saves carry over, too.

It’s Game Trials 

like EA does with EAplay. 

Full game download with a timer & save will carry over,no need to download separate files.

Not your regular demos. 

Imagine trying GT7 for few hours to see if it clicks or even Forespoken. 

21 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Also shouldnt the demos be free? Its so scummy to put it behind a subscription ,hopefully doesnt become a trend .

Not a demo rather timed game. Same as what EA's been doing with that EAplay thing.

1 hour ago, triggr happy ss said:

It’s not a demo.  We hardly get those anymore for games. It’s a timed thing. Play 5 hours etc