The Playstation 5 thread

I just hope they don’t spend billions on Konami. 
It’s really no benefit for us AAA gamers. 

Buying those 4 IPs along with Kojipro is more than sufficient for what it counts. 

Yeah if it’s SquareEnix,Sega or Capcom then we’re talking. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AnK said:

Like every other game…..this one got pushed back in the pandemic too. 

It’s just that the weird nature of the promotions & announcement it chose felt stretched coz there was nothing to show in such a long time. 

I like Rockstar's approach in this regard. They dont build hype 7/ 8 years prior or when they have nothing more than a bunch of posters and an idea for a game. But then again this behaviour is a function of the resources you have. The only reason Studios indulge in this Chutiyapa is because it helps them raise money from investors by showing early hype. Small studios will always do this. And the only people its probably bad for is the investors and people who preorder games when there is nothing to show for it. for others its a letdown but not really unethical. 

7 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

I like Rockstar's approach in this regard. They dont build hype 7/ 8 years prior or when they have nothing more than a bunch of posters and an idea for a game. But then again this behaviour is a function of the resources you have. The only reason Studios indulge in this Chutiyapa is because it helps them raise money from investors by showing early hype. Small studios will always do this. And the only people its probably bad for is the investors and people who preorder games when there is nothing to show for it. for others its a letdown but not really unethical. 

Not just small. Todd Howard is a big believer of this "philosophy"

Platform holders mostly do it in pre-alpha stage usually to promote their systems.

Even in that M$ has done PHD of just announcing CG crap at pre-production stage. 

But last year should be mostly exempted due to pandemic.(mid 2020 to late 2021)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

Not just small. Todd Howard is a big believer of this "philosophy"

lol...! but its a little different with them, They gave one small video of TES6 to show theyre working on it, and then starfield had more when they actually had a bit more to show. this abandoned studio is just ridiculous, game dev duniya ki rakhi sawant hai yeh. Also its possible that Zenimax + microsoft talks were on the horizon already so they decided to air this to pump up acquisition price. 

On a different note, sony really got caught with their pants down with regard to acquisitions. Theyve been in reaction mode, and looks like it will stay that way for sometime. MS has the initiative right now. Hopefully Sony have some larger strategy that all these moves like recent acquisitions and the PS+ tiers are a part of. In my experience reactionary/ me too strategies generally underperform the first movers. 

Key folks who made the GTA games have left, they have milked the remasters as much as they could have, only game that's left where they can make some money on by going down that route is GTA IV.

I feel like there is a tiny remote case where they may feel like they have squeezed Rockstar for it's worth and may want to offload it now.

GTA IP in itself would be worth billions & an easy cash cow. 
No way in hell Take2 is parting ways with it. 

As for the team’s competence,they made RDR2 just few years ago….it’s not like it’s visibly going down hill. 

Most likely it’s Konami or something to do with it. 
It’s being hinted for far too long now. 

22 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

So.. my 1 year 2 months old Dualsense is now..

drift drifting GIF

:sadbye: time to spend 5.5k

There was a video I had seen on Youtube recently, that the newer colours should be preferred since they made some minor improvements to component quality, and while that improvement may also be there in some of the older colours, its definitely there in the newer colours.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

So.. my 1 year 2 months old Dualsense is now..

drift drifting GIF

:sadbye: time to spend 5.5k

Change joystick? 

I have seen people do it successfully. Buy parts and take it to tv repair shop for soldering.

But if you like one of new colour then that's the way to go.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Soultrader92 said:

There was a video I had seen on Youtube recently, that the newer colours should be preferred since they made some minor improvements to component quality, and while that improvement may also be there in some of the older colours, its definitely there in the newer colours.  

This video is informative & just saw it online today :rolleyes:

Edited by speeddemon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Soultrader92 said:

59 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

Change joystick? 

I have seen people do it successfully. Buy parts and take it to tv repair shop for soldering.

But if you like one of new colour then that's the way to go.

Ordered the black one which was surprisingly cheaper than others. 

I do want to make an attempt at repair, lets see.

my dualsense started the ps5 but then wasn't responsive - just fast blinking blue and turning off

then I shut off the console by button on ps5 and tried dualsense again and it was okay

what is this, a software issue or hardware?