The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

You'll have to get something upwards of 1500VA. I tried using my 1100VA APC one for both a 55 inch OLED and the PS5. While the console can boot up fine, the moment I start gaming, the power draw exceeds what the UPS can provide and the UPS starts flashing red. The surprising part is that XSX runs absolutely fine when connected to the same UPS as the TV. 

Either get 2x1100 VA UPS (which is what I've done) or get something that's rated at least 1500VA or more. 

My 1100VA works just fine, even when a few lights, fans, my screen and several plugpoints are active, it manages to keep the PS5 running without turning off in case of a power cut. Its a luminous pure sinewave inverter (luminous Eco watt UPS 1050/12v), with amaron tall tubular battery. Can try to find box and look up further specs if someone needs it. 

Just now, Soultrader92 said:

My 1100VA works just fine, even when a few lights, fans, my screen and several plugpoints are active, it manages to keep the PS5 running without turning off in case of a power cut. Its a luminous pure sinewave inverter (luminous Eco watt UPS 1050/12v), with amaron tall tubular battery. Can try to find box and look up further specs if someone needs it. 

but i play on a 32 inch LCD monitor, rather than a TV maybe that is the difference. And I just use the UPS/inverter to power down safely rather than booting up from scratch, even though I have been able to do that as well. 

6 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

While the console can boot up fine, the moment I start gaming, the power draw exceeds what the UPS can provide and the UPS starts flashing red. The surprising part is that XSX runs absolutely fine when connected to the same UPS as the TV. 

Same with me. 

This happened with my APC as well as a different brand UPS, which would just beep continuously- indicating overload. 

I guess PS5 draws so much power, there’s no way a UPS can handle it.

Currently I plug my PS5 into an outlet that’s connected to the inverter. Works fine as the inverter has pure sine wave output. 

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

You'll have to get something upwards of 1500VA. I tried using my 1100VA APC one for both a 55 inch OLED and the PS5. While the console can boot up fine, the moment I start gaming, the power draw exceeds what the UPS can provide and the UPS starts flashing red. The surprising part is that XSX runs absolutely fine when connected to the same UPS as the TV. 

Either get 2x1100 VA UPS (which is what I've done) or get something that's rated at least 1500VA or more. 

+1

1100 VA UPS will not support PS5 and big TV together. Either a 1500VA or two 1100/1000 VAs.

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Strange. I use my ps5 and oled on apc 1100 va it it gives me enough juice to properly shut down, or wait till power backup kicks in

7 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

+1

1100 VA UPS will not support PS5 and big TV together. Either a 1500VA or two 1100/1000 VAs.

Is that what FK offers when you cancel an order? :scratchchin:

Edited by Walker
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, hope said:

Getting Stick drift issues :furious: Car turning automatically :furious:

Sony greedy f**kers giving 6 month warranty only. Saalo controller pe toh 2 saal do :furious:

Will try to dhakao as long as i can. Saale :furious:

Ohh sh*t, so soon?? ☹️

Mine started after a year, was trying to power through it but eventually it'll get annoying enough that you will want to change.

Edited by quixote_1989

On 4/8/2022 at 4:16 PM, Agent 47 said:

Does anyone use an UPS for their PS5? If so, any recommendations?

I play on an OLED so the UPS needs to supply power to both.

Yes! I've connected my PS5 and OLED Tv with an UPS and the UPS is connected with the inverter powered board. 

44 minutes ago, Surajholy said:

Yes! I've connected my PS5 and OLED Tv with an UPS and the UPS is connected with the inverter powered board. 

I have directly connected to Inverter powered board, if you have a Pure sine wave inverted you dont need a UPS. 

20 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Aur karo Sony Sony bhajan :P

God of war, last of us, Returnal, Spidey, Ratchet,Horizon, GT7,etc,etc and the awesome Dualsense. 

Bhajan nahi toh Baigan kare kya <_<

Kuch bhi baat karta hai, Devils advocate mat bano tum :pulpfiction: