The Playstation 5 thread

20 hours ago, Snake said:

Are they making a good amount of money from Fortnite?

Remember reading somewhere, they made/make billions of $$ from fortnite, no wonder they sued Apple/Google, when they banned it for introducing its own payment system or something like that.  I think the whole ue5/game engine royalty business is like a side project for them, in comparison, revenue wise !!

Edited by Ne0

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

They're using Fortnite money to establish dominance in the industry. Making huge strides in the game dev market with the low royalty for UE5 and cutting edge features. More and more devs including AAA ones are now working with UE5. 

It'll give them huge dividends in the future. 

Even EGS will be huge if they can take a share out of the growing PC gaming market. 

Yeah, looks like fortnite really made their day.  I don't hear talk of unity game engine in this gen, it was quite popular with the indie crowd in the last gen. UE 5 seems to be the flavour of this gen, for now.

But sadly it's not well optimised for pc yet :

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Unreal-Engine-5-not-optimized-enough-for-PC-Matrix-Awakens-demo-only-hits-30-50-fps-1440p-and-is-stuttery-on-an-Nvidia-RTX-3090.612680.0.html

50 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

I think the whole ue5/game engine royalty business is like a side project for them, in comparison, revenue wise !!

Both Sony and Epic are going big into virtual sets & VFX with the idea to minimize green screen in films. Sony being a movie and VFX company must have seen the potential in UE5 and Epic combined with the tech. This could potentially be a game changer in the next decade. 

I mean a lot of mandolorian was shot without green screen using digital sets. Check this video.  In the mando video, the camera and crystal led screens are by Sony while digital assests are made in UE. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Both Sony and Epic are going big into virtual sets & VFX with the idea to minimize green screen in films. Sony being a movie and VFX company must have seen the potential in UE5 and Epic combined with the tech. This could potentially be a game changer in the next decade. 

I mean a lot of mandolorian was shot without green screen using digital sets. Check this video.  In the mando video, the camera and crystal led screens are by Sony while digital assests are made in UE. 

Woah, didn't know about this at all.... Looks like tech has come full circle, from driving/acting in front of recorded footage-> actual location -> green screen-> recorded footage albeit far more advanced !  Will be interesting to see what Sony does with this tech going forward !!

On 4/11/2022 at 4:05 PM, psinide said:

I don't have drift issues, but the dreaded thumbstick grip tear and intense movements on the left stick lead to d-pad right and down presses (non a good thing if you're playing Fifa)

I don't have any drift issues and the thumbstick grip tear. But I understand how it can be frustrating while playing FIFA.  

4 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Brain: Thats because of Xdev etc

Heart: SONY BOUGHT KOJIPRO….LLEEEETTTSSSS GGGGOOOOO!!!!!