The Playstation 5 thread

16 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Meeting a local seller (from OLX) for buying PS5 . It's one month old - Indian unit with Sony centre bill. Any advise what all things to check in PS5 . 

Bhai wait karlo thoda and get a new one na. 

3 minutes ago, hope said:

Bhai wait karlo thoda and get a new one na. 

Tried yesterday and couldn't get it.  And if I wait for next re stock (and get lucky) - i would get the console sometime in June . Aur Biwi mayke ja rahi hai May main . Khelne ka golden time chala jaayega mera :P

16 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Meeting a local seller (from OLX) for buying PS5 . It's one month old - Indian unit with Sony centre bill. Any advise what all things to check in PS5 . 

Make sure you collect the amazon/FK or whatever retailer he got it froms invoice along with the warranty card too. If your ps5 breaks down during warranty or after that you'll need it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

If your ps5 breaks down during warranty or after that you'll need it. 

Dont think its of much use after.. this guy is an admin on a Facebook PS4 geoup and he is saying Sony service center isn't helping after the warranty.. I don't think we have PS4 type of breakdown arrangement here.. but this sucks if anyone's India unit goes Kaput ? 

20220423-101758.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1631886000408826/permalink/3088930848037660/?sfnsn=wiwspmo&ref=share

After 1 year you won’t get replacement but if there is any sort of after sales service or scheme you’ll need it to avail that. 

They used to give new system for 30% of MRP with year 2 & 50% beyond that. 
What exactly is been happening now I don’t know. 

These products were never fixed here. 
the cost of shipping it to nearest country where servicing is possible & then shipping back was so high that they decided to offer discounts on MRP instead.

In 360’s case they would just give you a refurbished unit no matter when it died for free(coz that would die too). 
XBone hardly sold here so I don’t think many know what was the policy. 

Setting up service centres for gaming consoles in low key countries is not viable as too much investment for very little user base. 

I think practically speaking the older return policies should still apply,it’s just that you’d have to wait a lot longer coz of supply issues. 

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, WhiteWolf said:

What? So neither Sony or MS any post warranty support now? 

Any third party company here offers extended warranty here for these consoles? Like Tata Chroma used to offer on products you buy from them?

Ye kya hai ab? since like PSP times they have some scheme where you pay 50% of the price or something for OOW PS device and you get a "new" one in return.

Is it because of PS5 stock shortage?

9 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Tried yesterday and couldn't get it.  And if I wait for next re stock (and get lucky) - i would get the console sometime in June . Aur Biwi mayke ja rahi hai May main . Khelne ka golden time chala jaayega mera :P

Good luck bhai. Meri biwi mayke hai abhi, wahi plan tha. Saala ek hafte se PS5 chalu nahi kar paaya itta kaam aa gaya :cry:Ab bas ek hafta bacha hai aur aasaar khelne ke kam lag rhe :( 

On 4/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, Krazyniks said:

Yeah will be checking the above . Any other thing to look out for ? Like in controller or system ?

Check for the warranty sticker inside, after removing the left side plate. 

If that’s been tampered with, it’s likely a repaired unit. 

Apart from that, just play any game for 20-30 mins to check there are no issues with fan/cooling. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, hope said:

Good luck bhai. Meri biwi mayke hai abhi, wahi plan tha. Saala ek hafte se PS5 chalu nahi kar paaya itta kaam aa gaya :cry:Ab bas ek hafta bacha hai aur aasaar khelne ke kam lag rhe :( 

Good that thread is locked, now you can be busy playing PS5 games rather than wasting precious time there on people who aren't worth it.

56 minutes ago, hope said:

Make the best use of remaining time . Dubara aisa time aane mein mahino lag jaayenge :P

30 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Good that thread is locked, now you can be busy playing PS5 games rather than wasting precious time there on people who aren't worth it.

Kaha bhai time hi na mil rha khelne ka. Working right now as well :P 

27 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Make the best use of remaining time . Dubara aisa time aane mein mahino lag jaayenge :P

Plan wahi hai but na jam rha bhai :( 

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Ye kya hai ab? since like PSP times they have some scheme where you pay 50% of the price or something for OOW PS device and you get a "new" one in return.

Is it because of PS5 stock shortage?

Not anymore. Once warranty over, you get nothing. Get it fix yourself in grey or buy new one lol