The Playstation 5 thread

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/sony-is-hiring-senior-director-for-pc-planning-and-strategy.1635406/

" The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategy and commercial activity within Global Channel sales and will deliver a single, optimized PC Sales growth and commercial plan to hub and territory teams to implement. Identifying future sectors & partnerships for commercial growth. The plan should support the delivery of the agreed global channel sales critical metrics.

To do this they will lead collaboration with partners such as CDS leadership, GSBO Hub and territory leadership, global marketing, WWS, Legal, Corp Strategy, PPM, and other global commercial partners (e.g. Genba, Epic, Steam).

The candidate will need to be flexible and open to evolving roles and responsibilities aligned to the changing needs of this business unit as it grows and expands. "

8 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

Not anymore. Once warranty over, you get nothing. Get it fix yourself in grey or buy new one lol

Where have you received this info from?!? 
If true then it’s really really bad coz unlike SX,PS5 is a very unreliable machine this time around going by how much complains it gets on this place alone. 

Edited by AnK

18 minutes ago, AnK said:

If true then it’s really really bad coz unlike SX,PS5 is a very unreliable machine this time around going by how much complains it gets on this place alone. 

PS5 unreliable? Where? Not heard anything widespread or major. 

37 minutes ago, AnK said:

At launch, Sony made this to the policy.

They didn't announce it to the public but quite a few Indian techies shared this. They confirmed it straight from Sony and attached the email threads.

The last guardian - should I play it via PS plus collection on PS5 or via physical disk . I remember reading something here earlier about how it was performing better via disk on PS5 after a patch. Or it works the same both ways ?

7 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

The last guardian - should I play it via PS plus collection on PS5 or via physical disk . I remember reading something here earlier about how it was performing better via disk on PS5 after a patch. Or it works the same both ways ?

You have to play it via disk on PS5 before any patch

it will offer 4k @ 60fps locked 

No HDR(offered in patch)

Tad bit bad control sensitivity (fixed in patch) 

Edited by AnK
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

Disk.. the difference is huge.. 

There is only 1 bug in 1.00 which doesn't let you progress the game.  Only that time update the game progress and come back to 1.00

• Like 1

It’s interesting to note that both MLB & Minecraft are listed as “Multiple Game Studios” instead of Sony or M$. 

means that both are Infact counted as Tripartite releases instead of First Party. 

11 minutes ago, Vamos said:

VRR update to hit PS5 this week. 

Today, we're excited to announce that Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) support will start rolling out globally to PS5 players this week. On HDMI 2.1 VRR-compatible TVs and PC monitors, VRR dynamically syncs the refresh rate of the display to the PS5 console's graphical output. This enhances visual performance for PS5 games by minimizing or eliminating visual artifacts, such as frame pacing issues and screen tearing. Gameplay in many PS5 titles feels smoother as scenes render seamlessly, graphics look crisper, and input lag is reduced.* Previously released PS5 games can be fully optimized for VRR through a game patch and future games may include VRR support at launch.

In the coming weeks, the PS5 versions of these titles will receive game patches enabling VRR support:

Astro's Playroom

Call of Duty: Vanguard

Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

Destiny 2

Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition

DIRT 5

Godfall

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered

Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart

Resident Evil Village

Tiny Tina's Wonderlands

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Tribes of Midgard

These are just a few of the PS5 titles receiving VRR support and we'd like to thank their talented development teams. Please stay tuned to their channels for updates as you'll have the best experience with VRR once their game patches are live.

Edited by Snake

"All of our PS5 titles support VRR (variable refresh rate) as of today, with the latest game and system updates. Because our titles are already built to have very stable frame rates, the main effect of the VRR system setting will be to slightly increase dynamic image resolution targets. However, if your TV also supports 120 Hz high frame rate input and the 120 Hz Display Mode option is active along with VRR, you will get a variable, uncapped frame rate that can exceed your chosen Graphics Mode's 30 or 60 fps target by 50% or more (depending on gameplay)." - Insomniac Games.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Very cool .. I wonder if it will work on my monitor ( hdmi 2.0 and display port ) 

I think it won’t support on Hdmi 2.0, like Xbox. 

For now, it requires 2.1, acc to the blogpost

Edited by Vamos

30 minutes ago, hsk_colossus said:

Very cool .. I wonder if it will work on my monitor ( hdmi 2.0 and display port ) 

It will need Freesync support.

Sony doesn't want to promote gaming on monitors i guess, so no Freesync/1440p support.