The Playstation 5 thread

7 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

In the email seen by Bloomberg, PlayStation president Jim Ryan didn’t take a stance on abortion rights, instead writing that the company and its community are “multi-faceted and diverse, holding many different points of view.” He wrote that “we owe it to each other and to PlayStation’s millions of users to respect differences of opinion among everyone in our internal and external communities. Respect does not equal agreement. But it is fundamental to who we are as a company and as a valued global brand.”

What's wrong with this? If anything this is the most sensible thing he's said since taking over SIE.  :huh:

1 minute ago, KnackChap said:

What's wrong with this? If anything this is the most sensible thing he's said since taking over SIE.  :huh:

I was thinking exactly the same.

Was trying to figure out what’s the fuss about.

He just said that we need to respect each other’s opinions & thoughts coming from different cultures,ethnicities & regions. 

He didn’t say anything specific or sided for or against anything in particular. 

Was wondering that I don’t have full info maybe until you posted a same thought. 

6 hours ago, Mysteryman said:

Lol what. When did you become brainwashed by Era? Bad PR of course.  He will send a apology follow up shortly. 

What the fk is wrong with you? Are you one of those men who believe right to abortion is a "matter of opinion"? I know IVG has fked up ideas about women or transgender people, which basically represents our country in general, but even we recognise the right of abortion. Jim-we brought gaming to middle east-Ryan hopefully gets raked over the coal.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

What the fk is wrong with you? Are you one of those men who believe right to abortion is a "matter of opinion"? I know IVG has fked up ideas about women or transgender people, which basically represents our country in general, but even we recognise the right of abortion. Jim-we brought gaming to middle east-Ryan hopefully gets raked over the coal.

But how does anybody know that he is siding for or against it?!? 

He just said that different regions,religions,ethnicities & cultures could have different opinions about n number of things but we still need to respect each other & co-exist. 

How does one conclude out of that statement that he is against “right to abortion”. 

Maybe I’m missing some plot here. 

Edited by AnK

28 minutes ago, AnK said:

I was thinking exactly the same.

Was trying to figure out what’s the fuss about.

He just said that we need to respect each other’s opinions & thoughts coming from different cultures,ethnicities & regions. 

He didn’t say anything specific or sided for or against anything in particular. 

Was wondering that I don’t have full info maybe until you posted a same thought. 

That Bloomberg article is behind a paywall so there must be more to it & the outrage can't be just for this. 

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

I thought the whole hoopla was around him making comments about cats and dogs which probably came off as highly insensitive.

4 minutes ago, TRMNTR said:

I thought the whole hoopla was around him making comments about cats and dogs which probably came off as highly insensitive.

That too, there are layers of stupidity in this email. Plus the comment about "dogs knowing their place" right after he talks about abortion is extremely sus.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

That Bloomberg article is behind a paywall so there must be more to it & the outrage can't be just for this. 

Well just fire him in anycase. 
(no idea what this is about) 

He has made some of the most foolish decisions this gen out of shear arrogance about the success his predecessors left for him in gift wrap. 

40 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

A functioning democracy and workplace works when opinions from all sides are respected. 

Nowadays, opinion even neutral or no stance is frown upon. One is called a Nazi per Russians and Resetera. 

The larger picture is that the very definition of free speech, debate and democracy is at risk. 

Anything you can say, even minor, (which is in slightest are not aligned with far left ideology) is now frown upon. No debate. Immediately cancelled. 

The combination of an hotly debated political topic and his Pets came out as insensitive. I’m sure that Jim is trying to find peace and balance but it didn’t work out as intended. 

Edited by Mysteryman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

The combination of an hotly debated political topic and his Pets came out as insensitive. I’m sure that Jim is trying to find peace and balance but it didn’t work out as intended. 

Poor guy was probably thinking, 'ya, this thing about cats and dogs willl earn me some awwwww'. :lol:

5 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Why bring that debate to the workplace though? Unless the company is taking a stand or is going do something about it, you're just sticking your metaphorical penis into the hornets nest.

Because he has a habit of vomiting stupid statements, and he probably thought the email would stay confidential. And I'm 100% sure he was either drunk or high before typing it.

12 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Why bring that debate to the workplace though? Unless the company is taking a stand or is going do something about it, you're just sticking your metaphorical penis into the hornets nest.

There seems be some discussion among Playstation employees and/or it’s partners on the recent Roe vs Wade judgement in the US which may have caused some discontent. 

It was his lack of foresight on the current mood in the world. People are more offended and angry now. Now it’s is “f**k XXX” who don’t share one’s ideology. 

Democracy and logic dies. Even my post could be reported because I am neutral. Lol. 

Edited by Mysteryman

8 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

CSR. :P

CEOs sending out mails about some personal stuff is normal, my company CEO does it, but it's tasteful.

I think the problem here was he used same mail to talk about both his personal pet preferences and a sensitive topic, while giving more lines for his love for cats and dogs than the controversial subject. Should have kept them separate.