The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Ours is 24 weeks now (5+ months), and only reason its not beyond that is its very risky for the mother after that.

Ours is still 20 weeks only (most women claim it for contraceptive failure and it stands at 20 wks for that).....24 weeks is only for those under special categories and if a medical board approves even beyond that is allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nope. US is basically a sh*thole with some states having blanket anti-abortion law. No abortion allowed even if the fetus has developed out of sexual abuse/rape etc. Some states do allow the right of choice (i.e. depends on the mother whether she wants abortion or not). But basically a "first world" country even having such a debate is just f**king insane. 

This + gun laws make US the most brain dead chutiya country on Earth. 

Please do respect my opinion even if someone doesn't agree with it. ;)

12 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Pro Life and Pro Choice both find common ground when it comes to late abortions. It is a different topic altogether. Some US states ban just late abortions and some states make it hard to get access to such medical services. 

However, the implications of completely banning the right to abort are really severe, especially in teenagers who've had unplanned or accidental pregnancies. 

States like Alabama, Ohio and few others have already passed such laws, which really is shocking. Says a lot how some US states are still in the stone age. 

10 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Ours is 24 weeks now (5+ months), and only reason its not beyond that is its very risky for the mother after that.

Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Ours is still 20 weeks only (most women claim it for contraceptive failure and it stands at 20 wks for that).....24 weeks is only for those under special categories and if a medical board approves even beyond that is allowed.

I think I remember a high profile case from my school going days here in mumbai/delhi where the parents got to know that the child was differently abled and went to SC to get the child aborted after the stipulated period was over. Their reasoning was that they had no extended family/relatives, both suffered from health issues so what would happen to the child once they were no more. The court didn't rule in their favour. Dunno what happened after that. 

39 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

I think I remember a high profile case from my school going days here in mumbai/delhi where the parents got to know that the child was differently abled and went to SC to get the child aborted after the stipulated period was over. Their reasoning was that they had no extended family/relatives, both suffered from health issues so what would happen to the child once they were no more. The court didn't rule in their favour. Dunno what happened after that. 

There are risks to the mother beyond certain period of gestation and hence the apprehension from courts. Also a top court ruling sets up precedent for future cases so they're wary.

15 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Lol what’s this and other statements doing in the PS5 thread :giggle:

15 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

john-travolta-meme.gif

Wow, I clicked on Playstation 5 thread, and looks like im in News Thread now, the mods unlocked it finally.

:P

Jimbo happened

14 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Shawn Layden was a great CEO.

I wonder what really is the criteria up at Sony for replacing the positions.

They replaced everyone every few years despite them giving Ace performance. 

& Ppl like Phil Spencer are getting promoted & businesses being bought to be put under him. 

6 hours ago, AnK said:

Shawn Layden was a great CEO.

I wonder what really is the criteria up at Sony for replacing the positions.

They replaced everyone every few years despite them giving Ace performance. 

& Ppl like Phil Spencer are getting promoted & businesses being bought to be put under him. 

They didn't fire or replace anyone but it was more of a power struggle between their western and European divisions. When Jim Ryan got promoted to Andre house position, hermen hulst became the head of PS studios out of nowhere, both europeans. Layden & a few left soon after that. And tbh as charismatic & smooth talker layden was, Jimbo always had foot in mouth syndrome but somehow he and hulst have done more to boost their first party studios than anyone else in the last decade. Their true test will be when their new studios start shipping games and a few perform below their sales expectations. 

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

They didn't fire or replace anyone but it was more of a power struggle between their western and European divisions. When Jim Ryan got promoted to Andre house position, hermen hulst became the head of PS studios out of nowhere, both europeans. Layden & a few left soon after that. And tbh as charismatic & smooth talker layden was, Jimbo always had foot in mouth syndrome but somehow he and hulst have done more to boost their first party studios than anyone else in the last decade. Their true test will be when their new studios start shipping games and a few perform below their sales expectations. 

You are forgetting the Japanese.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, KnackChap said:

But what exactly are the 2 sides here? I don't follow that news so have no idea. Acc to my incomplete knowledge the 2 sides are...

Side a (bad guys) : complete ban on abortion or ban after certain weeks are completed when the foetus is technically alive and has a heartbeat. The law that is applicable in our country too. 

Side b (good guys) : should have the freedom to abort anytime before delivery. 

Is this correct or am I completely wrong? 

Basically the conservatives have gained majority of the Supreme Court in US, and have overturned or about to overturn a long standing Roe vs Wade ruling, that protected a women's right to abortion. It's pretty pathetic, and shame on any top level staff of a MNC to support something so controversial in today's day and age. Women deserve all the rights to their body, which basically what the old white religious males in the US have been trying to control for eons and failing, until now.

1 hour ago, gamer_adi said:

Basically the conservatives have gained majority of the Supreme Court in US, and have overturned or about to overturn a long standing Roe vs Wade ruling, that protected a women's right to abortion. It's pretty pathetic, and shame on any top level staff of a MNC to support something so controversial in today's day and age. Women deserve all the rights to their body, which basically what the old white religious males in the US have been trying to control for eons and failing, until now.

I share your point however we need to see the perspective from the business side especially senior management. Most major companies have policies in place not to have political stances. As we all know, political, religious topics are not permitted in our workplaces. Jimbo never made any stance. He was just trying to address the abortion infighting in his company. 

Let’s say that you are the CEO and you support only left or right leaning politics. You would lose out key personnel to successfully run your business. Heavy risk involved. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

I share your point however we need to see the perspective from the business side especially senior management. Most major companies have policies in place not to have political stances. As we all know, political, religious topics are not permitted in our workplaces. Jimbo never made any stance. He was just trying to address the abortion infighting in his company. 

Let’s say that you are the CEO and you support only left or right leaning politics. You would lose out key personnel to successfully run your business. Heavy risk involved. 

He just didn't need to say anything at all.

5 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

He just didn't need to say anything at all.

This applies to most of his idiotic takes in the past, which he didn't need to say but said them anyway. Foot in mouth CEO is perfectly apt name.

• Like 1