The Playstation 5 thread

12 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

If you have the adani tier wealth necessary to get a decent GPU, PC banao, sab 60 fps hoga :P

You can have 4k also thru nvidia DLSS for new games and old games probably can do native 4k

Been there, done that. Built a PC with a RTX 3080 in Oct 2020 and just played a bunch of Yakuza Games and gave up on PC gaming and sold it. Back to Playstation with the PS5. I love the plug and play capability of a PS5 over PC.

From the list of games announced, I'll certainly try the following (which I wouldn't have otherwise thought of buying):

Current games:

- Demon's Souls

- Returnal

- AC: Valhalla

- Control: Ultimate Edition

Classics/Remasters:

- Tekken 2

- Bioshock: Remastered

Timed-trials:

- WWE 2K22

Pretty decent value, overall, IMO.

I really don’t understand what’s the point of these efforts. 

I really don’t see anyone playing PSone or even PS2 games today unless you remaster them with textures,resolution & frame rate. 

I wouldn’t even bear playing PS3 games at 720p@30fps to be honest.

Unless they preserve it like Xbox has done with a lot of titles (First/Third both)& they had been doing for 7 years of their free time.
It makes no sense 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Just hope that save game from time trials carry on the disc versions.

So for example i play GOD:R time trial until my disc arrives. then continue on my disc.

It always does with trials. 
unlike demos. 

You most likely will have to download entire game file & won’t have to re download again if you decide to buy. 

That’s how “trials” usually work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnK said:

It always does with trials. 
unlike demos. 

You most likely will have to download entire game file & won’t have to re download again if you decide to buy. 

That’s how “trials” usually work. 

Yeah but sony has a problem.

The disc version and the digital version have different SKU's. Happened with me on days one.

Hope newer titles wont have this issue.

7 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Yeah but sony has a problem.

The disc version and the digital version have different SKU's. Happened with me on days one.

Hope newer titles wont have this issue.

Not really. 
It’s the local Indian distribution which is f**ked. 

At times there are many different region discs being floated around.

Officially if you use the save file on the same region disc & digital store,it will always work. 

These are the main regions which will be always compatible with the correct digital storefront:- 

US/CA/SA

UK/EU/Middle East

Russia/South Asia

Japan

South East Asia/China

So at times India gets Russian discs & at times EU. 

Which causes the Russian/South Asian discs to not be compatible with Indian storefront as it’s a version of EU store. 

7 minutes ago, AnK said:

Not really. 
It’s the local Indian distribution which is f**ked. 

At times there are many different region discs being floated around.

Officially if you use the save file on the same region disc & digital store,it will always work. 

These are the main regions which will be always compatible with the correct digital storefront:- 

US/CA/SA

UK/EU/Middle East

Russia/South Asia

Japan

South East Asia/China

So at times India gets Russian discs & at times EU. 

Which causes the Russian/South Asian discs to not be compatible with Indian storefront as it’s a version of EU store. 

This was mostly in PS4 Era and even Amazon used to sell UAE region discs but with PS5 its mostly EU region everywhere.. Even imports of Elden Ring Collectors Edition were EU which was compatible with PSN India digital or physical...

It's funny that this system still exists and even worse, it gets applied to the save files. If there are multiple SKUs for a specific game, it becomes increasingly difficult to match the respective DLC content if you ought to switch the disc/account region. It's a good thing that Xbox did away with this stupidity from the Xbox one generation. If I remember correctly, back in the 360 days, they had those NTSC, PAL & Region free coding. I'm surprised now that you can practically buy the disc from any region and it doesn't matter which region your account is based in, it will automatically match the save files and the DLCs. I'm assuming Sony still needs this archaic system to address regional censorship or similar content alteration. 

• Like 1