The Playstation 5 thread

7 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Just came to post this. Death Stranding 2 hype :clap3:

Keep on Keeping on 2

• Like 1

That’s why it needs a hardcore & dedicated community.

It released on PS4 in its last leg….only ppl left on PS4 are casuals or core gamers.

Most of the hardcore have either a PS5 or a PC.

Specially on PC this app can do wonders.

They are just letting it die by not even giving it a chance on PC. 

11 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Playing spiderman after the update is a revelation. Native 4k with rtx at what feels like 60 fps to me. 

Insomniac are wizards. 

Its about 45 FPS top on Fidelity, way way better than the old 30 but doesn't feel like 60..

The Perf RT is next level at 80-90 FPS..

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The devs probably overestimated the capability of the average gamer tbh which is why there were no real games produced in this supposed game making toolkit. 

One can’t really judge that without even giving it its due try on the most open & hardcore platform. 

PC!!! 

& the more late they do it the less impactful it’ll be. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Its about 45 FPS top on Fidelity, way way better than the old 30 but doesn't feel like 60..

The Perf RT is next level at 80-90 FPS..

VRR needs to be turned on for this update? Or we can keep VRR off in the settings?

1 minute ago, KunjanPSD said:

VRR needs to be turned on for this update? Or we can keep VRR off in the settings?

There are two VRR options in the menu. 

Set the main VRR option to automatic.

this option will enable VRR for games that have software level support via a patch or inbuilt. 

The second option is for Games that don’t support it inherently but the system will push it onto them eg. Elden Ring. 
You don’t need to have this turned on for Insomniac or other games that have been patched. 

8 minutes ago, AnK said:

There are two VRR options in the menu. 

Set the main VRR option to automatic.

this option will enable VRR for games that have software level support via a patch or inbuilt. 

The second option is for Games that don’t support it inherently but the system will push it onto them eg. Elden Ring. 
You don’t need to have this turned on for Insomniac or other games that have been patched. 

I know that but what I am asking is if the better frame rates are only enabled if VRR is set to automatic/ON?

Asking that because the current TV in my room is an LCD and it doesn't do local dimming with VRR enabled, so if I turn it on the whole picture will be washed out.

I am fine playing the update without VRR smoothness but at higher refresh rates and local dimming on but I don't think that it is possible, right?

I will just get pre-update experience if I keep VRR turned off, I assume.

5 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I know that but what I am asking is if the better frame rates are only enabled if VRR is set to automatic/ON?

Asking that because the current TV in my room is an LCD and it doesn't do local dimming with VRR enabled, so if I turn it on the whole picture will be washed out.

I am fine playing the update without VRR smoothness but at higher refresh rates and local dimming on but I don't think that it is possible, right?

I will just get pre-update experience if I keep VRR turned off, I assume.

You would want VRR on for unlocked frame rate.

But it depends on you. You might be able to tolerate it without VRR. I feel nauseous.

4 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

You would want VRR on for unlocked frame rate.

But it depends on you. You might be able to tolerate it without VRR. I feel nauseous.

Arre, bro. I know that I would want that.

But that will completely kill the picture quality because no local dimming.

I am asking is it even possible to play at unlocked frame rate without VRR enabled?