The Playstation 5 thread

25 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

What is an "organic" acquisition anyway?

When you start working with the developer from project to project which are mostly new in nature & don’t have deep rooted multiplatform backgrounds & provide funds,marketing ,tech,guidance as if it’s one of your own. 

Once both parties are confident that the relationship is maturing well enough & can take it to further level.

They acquire it. 

Sony historically has been doing this kinda thing over outright acquisitions & bring the teams under new management abruptly. 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

When you start working with the developer from project to project which are mostly new in nature & don’t have deep rooted multiplatform backgrounds & provide funds,marketing ,tech,guidance as if it’s one of your own. 

Once both parties are confident that the relationship is maturing well enough & can take it to further level.

They acquire it. 

Sony historically has been doing this kinda thing over outright acquisitions & bring the teams under new management abruptly. 

There is no such thing as an organic acquisition, afaik.

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

There is no such thing as an organic acquisition, afaik.

Even Sony has acquired all their studios at some point. 
Name any studio be it ND,Suckerpunch,Insomiac,Media Molecule or even more. 

There is some reason they like to call their first party growth as organic with time,budget,tech,know how,marketing shared over a large period of time rather than spending just money on acquisition. 

I don’t know why they refer to it that way or why they shouldn’t.

Better to discuss with them & ask. 

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

It's very simple. Growth in business from internal accruals is organic.Growth in earnings from acquisitions is inorganic.

That is there

But if an organisation is already registering growth with sharing of funds,tech,know-how,marketing & other kinds of partnerships through second/third party developers & is already growing through & with them even before they have officially acquired them. 

Is sort of an area not well defined in Google searches. 

4 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

And still digital don't go as deep as discs during sale :(

Time to start petition for console digital to have low prices along the lines of pc digital for the greater good and make benefit glorious DE owners

afaik atleast for PS4 disc games i've noticed that disc are in permanent discount mode, like TLOU2 is 1.5k right now at amazon/GTS, but only now as a part of DofP sale it has reached that price on PSN, basically disc price of TLOU2 will forever be 1.5k for physical and can even drop, on digital this price only reached during sales :(

6 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

It's well defined any and all growth from acquisitions is inorganic.

That’s exactly what I said,didn’t you get it the first time?!? 

Sony was registering growth through & with these studios long before acquiring them.

By the means of n number of in-house resources with partnerships. 

You only ring up Sony & tell them if they shouldn’t call it Organic coz their is no such provision in Google. 

I’ll call it Organic as long as they do. 

2 hours ago, triggr happy ss said:

Is he talking about organic or inorganic?

I was wondering why PS5 thread is showing hot . And then I saw your post ( looks like a bait ) . Dude don't be like Ponies and let's keep PS5 thread clean . 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

afaik atleast for PS4 disc games i've noticed that disc are in permanent discount mode, like TLOU2 is 1.5k right now at amazon/GTS, but only now as a part of DofP sale it has reached that price on PSN, basically disc price of TLOU2 will forever be 1.5k for physical and can even drop, on digital this price only reached during sales :(

tru. Actually, for old games there is still some parity in prices. But its the newly released ones that I was referring to. Like, I remember Demons Souls and Returnal discs getting good discounts within few months of release whereas digital didnt get any till a few months after. 

I just hope that all console digital releases get faster and deeper discounts compared to disc versions as digital owners cant sell their games like disc owners can.   

9 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

tru. Actually, for old games there is still some parity in prices. But its the newly released ones that I was referring to. Like, I remember Demons Souls and Returnal discs getting good discounts within few months of release whereas digital didnt get any till a few months after. 

I just hope that all console digital releases get faster and deeper discounts compared to disc versions as digital owners cant sell their games like disc owners can.   

It's on PC also, new games take atleast 6 months for a discount

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Price discovery happens a lot faster with discs primarily because of the second hand market. In digital, you are just a price taker.

and thats why it hurts more. From the publisher's point of view, digital is the one with a smaller cost base and yet they make no efforts to bring parity.

Actually, now that I think about it, allowing account sharing might be their way to soften the blow.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Price discovery happens a lot faster with discs primarily because of the second hand market. In digital, you are just a price taker.

Digital games are a scam. 

Keeping in mind the lack of packaging costs, shipping costs, they should be 20-30% cheaper by default. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Digital games are a scam. 

Keeping in mind the lack of packaging costs, shipping costs, they should be 20-30% cheaper by default. 

It’s not a hidden fact that digital prices on popular platforms remain the same as retail prices coz of fair trade policies. 

One wouldn’t want to rub the physical store retailers the wrong way coz they have been traditionally the biggest medium between creators & demographic. 

Not much different than why movie production houses can’t rub distribution channels & theatres. 

Until & unless the dependence totally becomes one sided in favour of digital one can’t afford to lose retailers/theatres. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Krazyniks said:

I was wondering why PS5 thread is showing hot . And then I saw your post ( looks like a bait ) . Dude don't be like Ponies and let's keep PS5 thread clean . 

It was a bait :fear1:

didnt realise it was the ps thread ,i stay out of this thread since i dont have the console.

sorry guys

• Like 1