The Playstation 5 thread

11 minutes ago, AnK said:

No one can remaster or even patch it. 
Unless Fromsoftware sell the code officially. 

1 minute ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

It's Sony's IP. They'd need squat from FS to do anything. 

I mean whatever it is, Sony is not interested, which is very strange because under Jimbo they do the most retarded sh*t in the hopes of getting more $$$ from customers.

This is literally ez pz atleast for PC where thirsty mustard-racers will fork out even $70 for 7 year old game :rofl:

Even more puzzling is why there was never a bloodborne 2?

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I mean whatever it is, Sony is not interested, which is very strange because under Jimbo they do the most retarded sh*t in the hopes of getting more $$$ from customers.

This is literally ez pz atleast for PC where thirsty mustard-racers will fork out even $70 for 7 year old game :rofl:

Even more puzzling is why there was never a bloodborne 2?

It's disappointing that a modder was able to demonstrate a 60fps unlock and there is virtually no attempt from Sony's own crew to do anything yet. I mean, for all we know, they might have tasked BluePoint to develop a remake already. :P 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

It's disappointing that a modder was able to demonstrate a 60fps unlock and there is virtually no attempt from Sony's own crew to do anything yet. I mean, for all we know, they might have tasked BluePoint to develop a remake already. :P 

Doesn't need a remake, it needs a sequel

7 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

It's disappointing that a modder was able to demonstrate a 60fps unlock and there is virtually no attempt from Sony's own crew to do anything yet. 

It was a FromSoftware game. 
Which is not part of Sony. 

All Sony developed games received patches for mid & next gen. 

Fromsoftware released a patch for Dark Souls 3 but not this. 
It was really a shame. 

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Spiderman, Uncharted, Death Stranding, last guardian didn't get patches. 

They got paid upgrades but they did get updated for next gen. 

Bloodborne & TLG are only two big name games left untouched. 

& Both were by external studios in collaboration with Sony Japan. 

Edited by AnK

3 minutes ago, AnK said:

They got paid upgrades but they did get updated for next gen. 

Bloodborne & TLG are only two big name games left untouched. 

& Both were by external studios in collaboration with Sony Japan. 

They own the bloodborne IP and the code though, maybe because it didn't "sell well" that's why they forgot about it, it's more apathy on Sony's part than anything else.

I mean DS also made by fromsoft, yet they got Bluepoint to do a full remake of it, what's so hard about getting another studio to put out a patch or port BB to PC?

Just now, AnK said:

It was a FromSoftware game. 
Which is not part of Sony. 

All Sony developed games received patches for mid & next gen. 

Fromsoftware released a patch for Dark Souls 3 but not this. 
It was really a shame. 

Not all, but some. Also, FromSoftware may have developed the game (in collaboration with Japan Studio), but there is nothing preventing Sony from working on a patch/remaster. The fact that BluePoint can remake FromSoftware's entire game from scratch, shows that a patch is definitely doable. This is not based on any legal hold up, but most likely they don't have any intention to unlock it at this stage and instead work on a sequel or remake at a later point. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yeah but those weren't patches. Different skus. Calling it a patch is misleading. 

Last Guardian never got a patch. Same with Sotc remake. 

Look son if you really want to go on in circles like you always do I don’t have time or patience for that….so just one quick reply before moving on:- 

Any game which is enhanced up on the existential code from the developer can be labelled a patch/upgrade irrespective if it’s free or sold as a separate SKU.

It’s basically the same original code. 

& about SotC Remake…..it was the same scenario as BB & TLG at the time it launched,external dev in collaboration with Sony Japan….so who knows.

It’s just too much similarities. 

12 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

They own the bloodborne IP and the code though, maybe because it didn't "sell well" that's why they forgot about it, it's more apathy on Sony's part than anything else.

I mean DS also made by fromsoft, yet they got Bluepoint to do a full remake of it, what's so hard about getting another studio to put out a patch or port BB to PC?

They own the IP but code I’m not too sure of. 
It’s the proprietary engine of Fromsoftware on which that code was built up upon & all past & present From games use a version of that engine. 
So who knows,my wild guess is Sony can’t tamper with their proprietary engine even if they do have the code. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Not all, but some. Also, FromSoftware may have developed the game (in collaboration with Japan Studio), but there is nothing preventing Sony from working on a patch/remaster. The fact that BluePoint can remake FromSoftware's entire game from scratch, shows that a patch is definitely doable. This is not based on any legal hold up, but most likely they don't have any intention to unlock it at this stage and instead work on a sequel or remake at a later point. 

remake most likely, people will get upset if the sequel isn't by FromSoft/Miyazaki, I don't know for sure, but for dark souls 2 I think this was the issue.

Sucks if they do a remake though, game is good, only needs 60 fps patch and removal or toggle for the chromatic aberration effect.

5 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Bluepoint Making an entire remake from ground up can’t be a hold up coz Sony owns the IP & all it’s art. 

They just don’t own the engine it was built up upon & neither do they have tampering rights unless given by proprietor. 

1 minute ago, AnK said:

They own the IP but code I’m not too sure of. 
It’s the proprietary engine of Fromsoftware on which that code was built up upon & all past & present From games use a version of that engine. 
So who knows,my wild guess is Sony can’t tamper with their proprietary engine even if they do have the code

It's the same thing legally, about the engine and all they have prolly take care of that in whatever agreements were signed with FS.

I think the issue here is inspite of being popular and all BB didn't "sell well" according to the suited booted folks so that's why they just forgot about it.

just fyi ER is the only souls/FS game today to sell as well as CoD or something, earlier the sales weren't "that good" apparently.

3 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

It's the same thing legally, about the engine and all they have prolly take care of that in whatever agreements were signed with FS.

I think the issue here is inspite of being popular and all BB didn't "sell well" according to the suited booted folks so that's why they just forgot about it.

just fyi ER is the only souls/FS game today to sell as well as CoD or something, earlier the sales weren't "that good" apparently.

I don’t think Sony wouldn’t have released a BB patch for PS4pro as they were promoting the f**k out of it. 

Specially when From released a patch of DS3 for Pro which was basically the same f**ckin engine. 

There was definitely something at play here. 

20 minutes ago, AnK said:

They just don’t own the engine it was built up upon & neither do they have tampering rights unless given by proprietor. 

They won't be "tampering" if it's an official patch and that too for a game that they own and had funded. 

23 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

remake most likely, people will get upset if the sequel isn't by FromSoft/Miyazaki, I don't know for sure, but for dark souls 2 I think this was the issue.

Sucks if they do a remake though, game is good, only needs 60 fps patch and removal or toggle for the chromatic aberration effect.

Miyazaki wasn't too keen on working on the sequel, nor showed much interest when asked about the Demon's Souls remake/remaster either. He mostly wanted to work on other projects back then (Dark Souls sequels?) and I suppose if he's (or FromSofware) moved on, then the mantle might fall upon BluePoint. Then again, that's a huge ask considering they have mostly just stuck to remake/remastering games. 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt

46 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

I still havent defeated a single bloodborne boss man.

Also that guy trolled the internet , rick rolled :roflroll:

23 minutes ago, Walker said:

:drunk::fulltite: you me and @b!T

21 minutes ago, b!T said:

Viking Ship Vikings GIF by THE BEARD STRUGGLE

Just do it my dudes, it's not that hard once you get used to it :P

Like the first 3-4 bosses are hard that's all, I still remember, cleric beast, father gascoigne, vicar amelia.

26 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

They won't be "tampering" if it's an official patch and that too for a game that they own and had funded. 

If they don’t have the rights to do anything with that engine.

They can’t….it’s common sense. 
Engine existed much before they funded Fromsoftware for the game. 

I certainly haven’t seen what was inked in their deal with From so can only go by what’s visibly obvious. 

Sony had just no reason to not to patch it for PS4pro if they officially could. 

Even that “niche with no sales” argument makes no sense as they made a whole remake out of a new engine for DemonSouls which was even worse on sales & demographic back in the day. 

Edited by AnK

52 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Just do it my dudes, it's not that hard once you get used to it :P

Like the first 3-4 bosses are hard that's all, I still remember, cleric beast, father gascoigne, vicar amelia.

I have actually beat cleric beast. Father gascoigne was where I got stuck and eventually rage quit :lol: