The Playstation 5 thread

Sold Show for me on these 3 games - 

RE 4 Remake - Totally dream come true :wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy: and visuals looked absolutely dope.. Played it on a PS2 connected to 14 inch monitor back in college days.. Can't wait to play it all over again.. Day 1

STRAY - July 19.. cherry on cake Day 1 free on Langar (PS Extra)

Callisto Protocol - Dec 2..what a frigging game for Holiday.. Looks absolutely Nuts.. Day 1..

PSVR2 - Mostly a no no for me, with so many games coming I guess it might release for holiday or summer 2023..

PS - Spiderman on PC :rofl::ranting: just not done.. Consoles need exclusives...

Edited by Assassins Creed
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

Sold Show for me on these 3 games - 

RE 4 Remake - Totally dream come true :wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy: and visuals looked absolutely dope.. Played it on a PS2 connected to 14 inch monitor back in college days.. Can't wait to play it all over again.. Day 1

I played it on PC on a 15 inch monitor and absolutely loved it then.  This remake looks gorgeous. Also looks like Ada's separate ways storyline is also included in the game. But original RE4 was more of an action game than survival horror. 

For the remake it seems like they intend to add some survival horror element and not make this an pure action game. 

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Is this more action focused? If so, might be the first RE game I'll be able to enjoy. 

Mostly outdoors so that feel of survival horror is less but its still there.. 

You must play REVillage too which is similar to this game.. 

1 hour ago, Assassins Creed said:

PS - Spiderman on PC :rofl::ranting: just not done.. Consoles need exclusives...

Jimbo has decided that they don't.

They just have to announce when they're putting DS Remake on PC or we have to get confirmation of Returnal PC so we can guess average of how many years is a Sony first party a PS5 timed exclusive :P

Sorta OT question but story of the RE/remake games is connected? because for every game I hear the names of different protags so I was wondering, in RE7 and RE8 it's the same protag called Ethan in both games.

4 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Sorta OT question but story of the RE/remake games is connected? because for every game I hear the names of different protags so I was wondering, in RE7 and RE8 it's the same protag called Ethan in both games.

RE1-6 were same Storyline 

RE7 onwards it was a reboot,but same universe. 

Remakes are same story as originals just better design. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

All games happen in RE verse so you will hear lot of common stuff like Umbrella, T Virus some stories are connected.

Haven't played 1

2 and 3 proper survival horror, characters are connected

4 is new story with characters from 2

5 6 lame and forgotten

7 and 8 Proper sequel and RE back in business type of games..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AnK said:

I want this to be a semi-open world like New Tomb Raider/GoW. 

Change the corridor design. 

I want it to have zombies that die in less bullets :fear:

I was playing RE3 demo and was shooting a zombie( in the head ), f**ker wasn't dying until i put like 10 bullets

into it's head

do zombies in these games come with nanomachines :P ?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

I was playing RE3 demo and was shooting a zombie( in the head ), f**ker wasn't dying until i put like 10 bullets

into it's head

RE2 and 3 remakes have this hidden mechanic where if you're hoarding a lot of bullets, the game will make you waste them by making zombies tough on the fly. If you have very little ammo, you'll notice how often zombie heads explode in 1-2 bullets compared to when your ammo is full.

42 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Is this more action focused? If so, might be the first RE game I'll be able to enjoy. 

Yeah definitely more action focused than survival. At least that's how it was in the original.

13 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

into it's head

Well in original RE4 those Ganado's would generally die in 1/2 headshots. Hell you could kill them with 2/3 knife attacks on the leg and then melee kick to the head :P .

You could also 1 shot most bosses with Rocket launcher :bigyellowgrin: