The Playstation 5 thread

23 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Switch out there easily selling everything else COMBINED and also making money on hardware. Absolutely bonkers.

i dont get why Microsoft or sony get into handles, are they not seeing this numbers?

Both have so many good ips they can milk money out of.

Still cant buy one over the shelf.

MS not into handhelds ever.

Sony after the self-goal with Vita they just coped with "it was totally mobile gaming, handhelds are obsolete now"

Just fyi the Switch is a refinement of a concept started with the Wii U, which was a flop but Nintendo didn't give up.

Also Nintendo has legit true exclusives :naughty:

But only Pokemon interests me :(

imo Sony should make a Switch clone PS, budget console for gaming at home with handheld mode also, steamdeck has shown x86 is possible for portable, they just need to ask AMD nicely.

But then again Jimbo :rofl:

PSP was best handheld console in history of handheld consoles btw

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

Switch out there easily selling everything else COMBINED and also making money on hardware. Absolutely bonkers.

i dont get why Microsoft or sony get into handles, are they not seeing this numbers?

Why should they? Steam Deck is there. It plays all Windows games and will play all worthy PS games by the time it become available in open retail. MS and Sony should focus on development & publishing and of course their consoles to showcase their games.

6 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Why do you keep questioning a guy who never accepts his defeat / or is wrong is beyod me.

Also dont @ me here. 

Arrey bhai kis baat ki victory/defeat?!? :rofl:  

Guy is literally following me & hounding me in every comment of mine in every thread :rofl: 

I said so & so might be because HorizonFW is visually better than Spider-Mans & he has problem in that. 

I say so & so might be the best selling & system seller amongst the traditional type of consoles & he has problems in that. 

Abbey kya post karna band kardu kya tumhare iss “victory/defeat” ke chakkar mai?!? :lol: 

3 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Sony after the self-goal with Vita they just coped with "it was totally mobile gaming, handhelds are obsolete now"

PSvita was a great handheld & quite frankly a mirror image of SwitchLite (IMO before again someone hounds me)

It’s just that sometimes timings are off & luck is not favourable. 

It came at a time when smart phones/tablets had just started picking up in the mobile gaming market & most of the ppl were hooked onto them. 
Not to mention it was almost as hard to develop for as PS3.

PSvita just didn’t get appropriate third party support because of that,no matter how hard Sony tried with First Party games to attract sales & in return Third Parties.

But obviously couldn’t do that at the same level as they did for PS3 coz attending to both was a PITA.

Nintendo always remained focused on one.

It was visually stunning & a good system for that time just bad timing & luck. 

Edited by AnK

12 hours ago, rushab oswal said:

Still cant buy one over the shelf.

11 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Just fyi the Switch is a refinement of a concept started with the Wii U, which was a flop but Nintendo didn't give up.

Also Nintendo has legit true exclusives :naughty:

But only Pokemon interests me :(

imo Sony should make a Switch clone PS, budget console for gaming at home with handheld mode also, steamdeck has shown x86 is possible for portable, they just need to ask AMD nicely.

But then again Jimbo :rofl:

PSP was best handheld console in history of handheld consoles btw

The only downside to Switch is Nintendo will have a tough time getting out to the design ecosystem. They have literally perfected handheld + docked play, keeping decent battery life, using OLED screen, motion controls etc, at the same time providing boost for some games while docked. They will have a tough time bringing out a next gen system which satisfies both needs. 

• Like 1

Vita is easily the best piece of hardware I’ve ever purchased. Almost 9yrs in and the battery life and how the hardware overall feels is exactly like day 1, incredible quality.. I used it for so many ps4 pro games too early on (remote play), Just resumed gaming a while back and can see that all the games released in last few years don’t even have the proper remote play controls setup for vita, so it’s unusable for remote play now :ranting: early on they used to make sure that r3/l3 are mapped properly or there is some layout specially made that suits the vita controls.

Killzone Mercenary MP still worked smooth as butter (tried it few months back) amazing what they achieved with that device. That uncharted vita game was also :gunsmilie:Sad that Sony might never make a new handheld. :sadbye:

Edited by rAgHaV
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, AnK said:

Yep it had some amazing first party games. 

Killzone M

Resistance BS 

Souls Sacrifice 

LBP V

Uncharted GA 

Gravity Rush

The most sad death to a worthwhile device. 

Quantity and Quality software has always been a hindrance which is why different or niche gaming hardware/experience like Vita, Kinect, VR has failed to become mainstream. 

10 hours ago, AnK said:

PSvita was a great handheld & quite frankly a mirror image of SwitchLite (IMO before again someone hounds me)

It’s just that sometimes timings are off & luck is not favourable. 

It came at a time when smart phones/tablets had just started picking up in the mobile gaming market & most of the ppl were hooked onto them. 
Not to mention it was almost as hard to develop for as PS3.

PSvita just didn’t get appropriate third party support because of that,no matter how hard Sony tried with First Party games to attract sales & in return Third Parties.

But obviously couldn’t do that at the same level as they did for PS3 coz attending to both was a PITA.

Nintendo always remained focused on one.

It was visually stunning & a good system for that time just bad timing & luck. 

Nope, it's first party support was pulled to early, part of some suit boot decision making process, you know cut your losses types.

It could very well be money was tight at sony so they didn't have that much to give it PSP like support( You had PSP versions of pretty much all big franchises of the time, you name it, there was a PSP game ), and the DS was a potato hardware wise so you couldn't have multi platform, So Sony of the PSP era prolly played a big part in getting it software support, even third party.

imo my opinion will always be they pulled the plug way too early.

Today Steamdeck shows the x86 being portable friendly and Nintendo has proven the portable/docked hybrid console model to be successful.

But then under Jimbo I doubt they will bother, gora execs in general love software and service sales because of low effort money they bring, just see IBM ,they slowly sold all their hardware divisions.

PSP also got good First party support initially but then sales picked up & third party followed & the cycle continued. 

With PSvita the sales just didn’t pick up for third party to bother or first party to keep bothering. 
Everyone was busy with newly acquired features in their smart phones & tablets. 

It was just like Wii Vs PS3 in its initial days. 
Some new gaming tech which was poised to be short lived attracted too much attention away from traditional stuff. 

Also Sony had to focus on Home consoles as priority coz M$ was giving them a tough time. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Mostly because of Sony's bullshit. 

Sony never committed to the device. 

Very few first party exclusives in spite of the massive catalogue on the home console front. 

Didn't even get a god of war or gran tourismo FFS. 

Besides that, the pricing was completely off especially when compared to 3ds. 

Not to mention the silly proprietary memory cards which cost a fortune. 

Yup. Add to that the killer lineup of ds and 3ds games as well as the variety of limited editions of 3ds nintendo released. Awesome console.

5 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Yet ds, 3ds and switch kept selling like Momos outside coaching centres in Delhi. 

It's just Sony's incompetence, man. 

This and the absolutely bs proprietary mem card prices. 

Their incompetence being they couldn’t focus on both Handheld & Consoles together. 

They went all out on Console with the last few years of PS3(when Vita launched) & whole of PS4 gen. 

Which I’m glad they did…..some of the best content on PS in this period & still is into PS5’s first 3 years. 

Also Proprietary memcard was probably the biggest reason for it’s death….really foolish move. 

“Abandoned” was always as much in development at “BlueBox” studio by “Hasan Kahraman” as “The Phantoms Pain” was at “Mobby Dick” studios by “Joakim Mohren”.

Or “P.T.” was in development at “7760 studios” 

“several people close to Kahraman tell GameSpot”

”In reality, those close to Kahraman tell GameSpot”

Yeah right :rofl: 

Edited by AnK

21 hours ago, AnK said:

was just like Wii Vs PS3 in its initial days. 
Some new gaming tech which was poised to be short lived attracted too much attention away from traditional stuff. 

Wii was short lived ? :lol:

It literally formed the foundation for Wii U and Switch. It had humongous sales, not just due to novel tech, but excellent 1st party and coop titles. 

Pick up Wii Sports today, and it's 100x more fun then Switch Sports. Killer coop title, shipped for free. 

Sony's answers were the dildo controllers, never nearly as much fun as Wii. Incompetent as f**k. 

Motion sensing gaming in general was short lived is what I meant. 

No one is pursuing that design anymore & it was basically only popular during Wii’s tenure. 
Wiimote,PSmove & Kinnect all included. 

It was being co-related to the early bombardment of touch sensitive games on IPads/IPhones. 
That took the market by storm but now even mobiles are more into service based competitive games or Tetris wona be’s. 

Edited by AnK