The Playstation 5 thread

4 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Wdym? VR is an evolution of motion gaming. Would never have been possible without the kinnect, ps move, etc. Heck, motion controls are still kicking even today with gyro aiming and switch having full blown motion controls in games like Mario tennis. 

Your analysis here is wildly off base. 

& All of those things are as popular today as Wiimote once was?!? 

Ppl dropped it & went back to traditional couch gaming is what I meant. 

Just like ppl stopped fantasising touch controls for every freakin game. 

Just so that you know that Wiimote wasn’t the first motion sensing device either. 

It’s just that it became most popular in history. 

Motion sensing has always come & gone in phases historically….& VR is the new phase. 

I fully expect it to become the most popular form of gaming in the near future at some point. 

But that doesn’t change the fact that post wii era motion sensing in gaming dropped to almost 0 levels until of course another new tech came & the historical cycle is taking it’s course.

31 minutes ago, AnK said:

Motion sensing gaming in general was short lived is what I meant. 

No one is pursuing that design anymore & it was basically only popular during Wii’s tenure. 
Wiimote,PSmove & Kinnect all included. 

It was being co-related to the early bombardment of touch sensitive games on IPads/IPhones. 
That took the market by storm but now even mobiles are more into service based competitive games or Tetris wona be’s. 

Dude, every console now has gyro aiming. Switch has gyro for almost all 1st party games. If it was so unsuccessful, why would anyone waste time building it for their games ?

Again, I urge you to pick up a Wii or Switch controller, and go play some first party titles. 

2 minutes ago, AnK said:

Just so that you know that Wiimote wasn’t the first motion sensing device either. 

It’s just that it became most popular in history. 

Motion sensing has always come & gone in phases historically….& VR is the new phase. 

I fully expect it to become the most popular form of gaming in the near future at some point. 

But that doesn’t change the fact that post wii era motion sensing in gaming dropped to almost 0 levels until of course another new tech came & the historical cycle is taking it’s course.

Everything has come and gone at some point in time. :lol:

DoYouKnow-aboutism is as useless is WhatIf-aboutism. 

Apple made a smartphone eons before the Palm but it didn't become successful. Did they stop trying ?

Nintendoland/My Nintendo was kind of a metaverse before metaverse existed. If failed. Does that mean no one should metaverse again ?

The rate of tech maturity has been insane in the past couple of decades or so. What was a crude concept earlier, is pretty much becoming a solid reality now. 

There would have been no VR without the successes and failure of motion gaming, and like it or not, we are going to see a fundamental shift in VR adoption in the next decade or couple of decades. The Ready Player One generation isn't very far. 

11 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dude, every console now has gyro aiming. Switch has gyro for almost all 1st party games. If it was so unsuccessful, why would anyone waste time building it for their games ?

Again, I urge you to pick up a Wii or Switch controller, and go play some first party titles. 

I agree, even fortnite and warzone added gyro aiming support, except I think only Nintendo and PS controllers of the top 3 support it for now.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

& All of those things are as popular today as Wiimote once was?!? 

Ppl dropped it & went back to traditional couch gaming is what I meant. 

Just like ppl stopped fantasising touch controls for every freakin game. 

Yes because Nintendo moved on to Wii U and nobody gave a rat's a*s about PS move and Kinect

Moshan gaming will make it's return once VR becomes mainstream, if it does, hope it's not exclusively the "futuristic" haath hilao variety though :rofl:

Btw with Switch Nintendo is back in the "couch gaming" whatever sector, and their games sell in big numbers since they have no direct competition at all

Nintendo moved onto WiiU & almost entirely abandoned motion sensing obvious coz they saw a downward trend in its overall appeal. 
Same happened with Kinnect & PSmove,it’s just that Sony was smart enough to be ready with it’s VR conversion which had to be started from an infancy stage all over again btw. 

That was my only reference when I said Touch sensitive gaming outdid traditional mobile gaming for a short while & Vita was sort of unlucky to be launched exactly at that time. 

All this Gyro aiming & Switch’s new found love for it along with VR spike is fairly recent & Wiimote era ended more than a decade ago.

Motion sensing was mostly dormant for this period. 

5 minutes ago, AnK said:

Nintendo moved onto WiiU & almost entirely abandoned motion sensing obvious coz they saw a downward trend in its overall appeal. 
Same happened with Kinnect & PSmove,it’s just that Sony was smart enough to be ready with it’s VR conversion which had to be started from an infancy stage all over again btw. 

That was my only reference when I said Touch sensitive gaming outdid traditional mobile gaming for a short while & Vita was sort of unlucky to be launched exactly at that time. 

All this Gyro aiming & Switch’s new found love for it along with VR spike is fairly recent & Wiimote era ended more than a decade ago.

Motion sensing was mostly dormant for this period. 

Oh man. I don't really like to debate with you since it's like banging my head against a wall, but this is getting on my nerves. 

Wii U did not abandon motion gaming. The gamepad was just another way of gaming games streaming from the Wii U console and it carried motion sensors. They also launched Wii Motionplus, with better motion tracking, and it worked perfectly with Wii U. That was Nintendo's gradual innovation in trying to mix a tech they already almost perfected (Wii motion) with the freedom of a screen (Wii U gamepad). The final output is seen in Switch. 

Anyway, this is the PS thread. So no more OT from me. Sorry guys. 

WiiU was not a console known for its motion sensing capabilities. 
Neither were the first party games from Nintendo focused on motion sensing the way they were earlier.

Every console from Nintendo/Sony carries motion sensing capable controllers since Wii/PS3 but it would take only a deluded head banging personality to just outright stiffly keep denying the fact that not every console since then was a Wii. 

Ok bro whatever you say & Mr. Bird feel is right. 

MotionSensing in gaming never dropped & constantly as popular as it was in Wii’s prime all this time.

Here I “admit my defeat” & back off as your fans & well wishers envision every fortnight. :giggle: 

Edited by AnK

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

My man, you need to chill the f out. Every switch first party game I played has motion sensing built into it. Mario odyssey has a bunch of amazing you can not do without motion controls, botw has motion aiming, splatoon as well, Mario kart you can steer the car by tilting the joycon, Mario tennis aces you can hold the joycon like a racket handle and play the match without even pressing a button just swinging the controller like you would swing a racket. 

And these are just some of the ones I played. 

I don't even know why you're arguining about motion controls tbh. 

You are absolutely right, I play Splatoon 2 completely with motion flick as that game is MP and basically impossible to play online with normal stick against people who are using motion movement.

And in Mario Odyssey, we have plethora of movement with motion, and they are soo fun to execute. Nintendo basically doing motion right for long time now and their games are made in that way. 
I even bought the plastic wheels for playing Mario Kart. just put the controller in the wheel and use wheel to play, such a get-together and fun party device. I think motion made nintendo more appealing along with portability and unique games.

1 hour ago, AnK said:

Ok bro whatever you say & Mr. Bird feel is right. 

MotionSensing in gaming never dropped & constantly as popular as it was in Wii’s prime all this time.

Here I “admit my defeat” & back off as your fans & well wishers envision every fortnight. :giggle: 

They are probably trying to say is moshan gaming for nintendo atleast is as ubiquitious as wireless and rumble is for normal controllers, i.e it's no longer a novelty feature now like it was in Wii days

24 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Yes, it was probably power glove on snes

That. 

Laser guns before that.

PS2 Eye toy. 

Motion sensing was part of gaming on & off always. 

It comes & goes like flavour of the month every few decades. 

It’s just that I said it went away/subsided after Wii era to reference touch sensing in mobile gaming, these guys or onto me to just find some sort of agenda to argue & gang up only to end with baffling buffoonious coments like these:- 

14 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

I a wise man once said. "I better talk to a wall , because atleast it wont reply back with non-sense".:roflroll:

Just because I told them not to expect/crib about discounts in a totally different discussion/context. 

Dil pe chub gayi bate :giggle:  

59 minutes ago, rushab oswal said:

I a wise man once said. "I better talk to a wall , because atleast it wont reply back with non-sense".:roflroll:

Seriously ! That idiot is comparing the ps2 eye toy with today’s motion gaming. It’s like saying the rotary phones and mobile phones are the same. 

Talk about being so delusional that you’ve to type nonsense, thinking you’re right, every day, all day, in a gaming forum. 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, rushab oswal said:

Please clarify who’s the person and who’s the wall… the intended person did not get the hint.. 

• Haha 3