The Playstation 5 thread

10 hours ago, Snake said:

Tom Henderson: Sony To Reveal 3 New Gaming Headsets And 2 New "Perfect for PS5" Gaming Monitors Next Week

Although there's been no confirmation on if the controller will be revealed or not, it does make sense. There's still no official confirmation or "insider" confirmation that this is the case, however, sources have confirmed, to their knowledge, what will be shown off from Sony next week.

Information on one set of hardware has already been revealed, which is Sony's new headsets. These are the new "INZONE" H-series headsets, with three sets to be revealed next week. The INZONE H3, INZONE H7, and INZONE H9 all come with 360 spatial sound for gaming and are all Discord certified.

The price points of the headsets are yet to be revealed. In addition to the three new headsets, Sony is also set to reveal two brand-new gaming monitors, that feature "exclusive features for PlayStation", which includes auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode.

According to my sources, one of these monitors will be for 4K gaming at 144Hz, whereas the other will be full HD gaming at 240Hz. Both devices were described as being "perfect for PS5" and have received VRR (HDMI/G-Sync) support and feature low latency (1ms GtG). Sony has also kept HDR in mind (DisplayHDR600 in 4K/144Hz, DisplayHDR400 in FullHD/240Hz) for both monitors.

It's also believed that both of these monitors will come with "gaming assist features", which include the monitors displaying the number of FPS, game time, a viewfinder, improve brightness in dark locations (Black Equalizer), and refining brightness and contrast – to better see enemies with these features being turned off/on depending on the user's desires.

The price points of the monitors are yet to be revealed. However, it's still unclear whether Sony will also reveal the new Pro controller or not, but my sources have said that these five pieces of new hardware are set to be revealed next week.

I hope its not like the monitor they released during the ps3 era.. 

21 minutes ago, Walker said:

Did you get it? it was open for 17 mins which is pretty long for a PS5.

Edited by b!T

I installed Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition on my PS5

which graphics settings do you recommend as given below? I would like 60fps as top priority, then visuals preferably high resolution (4k)

1) Ray Tracing: Off / Graphics / Performance 

2) High Framerate: Off / On

3) Turbo: Off / On (from what understand, Trubo increases game speed by 20%, so I’ll be keeping this off)

Edited by Azathoth

29 minutes ago, Azathoth said:

which graphics settings do you recommend as given below? I would like 60fps as top priority, then visuals preferably high resolution (4k)

3) Turbo: Off / On (from what understand, Trubo increases game speed by 20%, so I’ll be keeping this off)

Definitely high framerate mode IMO (if you have a 120/144 fps display). It's not locked 120fps i think but it's good enough and it really helps in an action game such as DMC.

I consider ray tracing pointless here as the implementation is rather trivial and in an action game you wouldn't even notice the difference. Ray tracing with performance mode should be 60 locked I think.

So basically, these 2 modes are good

4K/60 FPS with ray-tracing off

Up to 120 FPS with ray-tracing off (rez is prob dynamic)

Edited by Aloy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, b!T said:

Did you get it? it was open for 17 mins which is pretty long for a PS5.

Nope. Just thanking you because no one else did. :lol:

I did try but undeliverable to my location apparently. Then try another seller. Then undeliverable again. Then I went back to sleep ?

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Azathoth said:

DMC deserves to be played at higher framerate. So choose the option which prioritizes Frames.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, UxoriousHades03 said:

Can i cancel GT7 separately, i bought the bundle today from Amazon and 4.5k is wayy too steep for it

You can’t, that’s the whole point of forcing people to buy bundles, coz otherwise no one would buy the game at full price. 

It’s better to sell the game off to someone on TP. 

26 minutes ago, Vamos said:

You can’t, that’s the whole point of forcing people to buy bundles, coz otherwise no one would buy the game at full price. 

It’s better to sell the game off to someone on TP. 

idk yaar, reddit par poocha, most of them cancelled their gt7, i dont have those nerves :(