The Playstation 5 thread

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

What are some good couch coop games in PS Plus extra catalogue?

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Alienation

I could have recommended Borderlands the Handsome Collection, but they put it in the Deluxe collection. :( 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azathoth said:

This applies to Horizon Forbidden West actually 

saying this after having played more than 50 hours of ER and HWF

Yet couldn't finish both? 

As the dust has settled down, it seems more people have completed HWF on the PS5 compared to ER on the same system. It's still topping / is in the top sold list in certain territories. 

Funny how people from a certain camp pitch ER (a multiplat title with more sales  on the PS5) against a ps exclusive title. Lol. Says volumes about the quality of the title and how underrated it has been. 

Wonder what scores ER would have got if it launched in Nov-Dec 2021. 

(Comparing an fps open world with a Tps open world as the other camp doesn't have and will not have an exclusive tps for a long time to come) 

18 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Yet couldn't finish both? 

As the dust has settled down, it seems more people have completed HWF on the PS5 compared to ER on the same system. It's still topping / is in the top sold list in certain territories. 

Funny how people from a certain camp pitch ER (a multiplat title with more sales  on the PS5) against a ps exclusive title. Lol. Says volumes about the quality of the title and how underrated it has been. 

Wonder what scores ER would have got if it launched in Nov-Dec 2021. 

(Comparing an fps open world with a Tps open world as the other camp doesn't have and will not have an exclusive tps for a long time to come) 

sir monday ka wait karlo

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, RV1709 said:

What is ironical is that US is extremely bothered about protecting an unborn kid but not as bothered about ending gun violence that has led to so many living kids being shot dead in school ?

Not ironical. It's all about Votes ( Banning abortion to please conservative voters) and Money ( Gun lobby pays both parties ) 

Anyway this thread ain't political so won't post more about this.

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Some people need to understand Sony is not gonna offer them jobs. I don't think they read this forum. :rofl:

They hire themselves as unofficial unpaid salesmen. Gotta white knight those poor mega corporations.

• Haha 3

Posting this here since most people have IN PS accounts and this won't be entirely relevant in the PS Plus thread (where people are still looking for info/suggestions for subscribing)

Overall, the PS3 titles look quite decent, IMO. I mean, it's entirely a "kaam-chalaao" kinda implementation, but I guess, that's the best Sony can do when it comes to PS3 titles.

Cell is notorious.

Dragon Ball Cell GIF by TOEI Animation UK

5 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

Posting this here since most people have IN PS accounts and this won't be entirely relevant in the PS Plus thread (where people are still looking for info/suggestions for subscribing)

Overall, the PS3 titles look quite decent, IMO. I mean, it's entirely a "kaam-chalaao" kinda implementation, but I guess, that's the best Sony can do when it comes to PS3 titles.

Cell is notorious.

Dragon Ball Cell GIF by TOEI Animation UK

What "Kaam Chalau" implementation? We didn't get any PS3 titles as they are streaming only. 

3 hours ago, dante77 said:

What "Kaam Chalau" implementation? We didn't get any PS3 titles as they are streaming only. 

What I meant was that, that's all Sony can manage to do (streaming) when it comes to PS3 games, because of the Cell-based architecture. So, the bare minimum they could do, to kinda get the tick-box, that "yeah, PS3 games are a part of PS Plus Premium" is what they have done.

I'm talking about no other improvements on those titles at all.

5 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

What I meant was that, that's all Sony can manage to do (streaming) when it comes to PS3 games, because of the Cell-based architecture. So, the bare minimum they could do, to kinda get the tick-box, that "yeah, PS3 games are a part of PS Plus Premium" is what they have done.

I'm talking about no other improvements on those titles at all.

Yeah but we don't even have streaming option. This just proves how big a mistake Sony made with PS3 and despite that it got a very good number of games. An accomplishment for PS3 I would say to even get those games. 

Anyway, PS3 games were my prime reason to get the deluxe sub. I couldn't play a lot of PS3 games back then, I had my hopes up when I saw the list of games for the first time (especially Ratchet games) and then it all melt away. 

To make them as downloadable titles, Devs have to rework on all those individual games which is highly unlikely. 

There's a rumor floating around that Sony is working on PS3 emulation on PS5, still in dev phase apparently.

Also, around the same time Cerny had filed a patent for backwards compatibility using 'spoof clock and fine grain frequency control', whatever that means :P

Anyway, we might get PS3 emulation in time, cell architecture only makes it harder it seems. 

Edited by gecko89

1 hour ago, gecko89 said:

There's a rumor floating around that Sony is working on PS3 emulation on PS5, still in dev phase apparently.

Also, around the same time Cerny had filed a patent for backwards compatibility using 'spoof clock and fine grain frequency control', whatever that means :P

Anyway, we might get PS3 emulation in time, cell architecture only makes it harder it seems. 

That rumour is the equivalent of the secret GPU news on xbox one.

Well, if a group of unknown people on PC can build an emulator and get it working against all odds, then there is no chance in hell that the best Sony engineers won't know jack about this stuff. It's very clearly a cost-to-benefit decision. Even PCSX2, which has been around for ages now, isn't completely perfect but it's very close to it. The level of commitment these people have shown to support these emulators is insane. Same goes for the development of the PS3 emulator. They literally post update videos and explain the changes in each revision these days. Obviously, this would take a lot of time and effort (and money) for Sony which they would be absolutely hesitant to spend at this point. They'd quite possibly need to have a dedicated division made specifically towards this task. Not to mention the amount of testing for QA that would have to go into such a program to ensure that it's in playable condition.  

The only realistic chance I can see at this stage for a proper PS3 emulation would be the PC emulator development. Unless Sony plans to remaster their entire first party library from that gen, fat chance we'll see massive progress on the backward compatibility.