The Playstation 5 thread

49 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Thought this was PlayStation only data til I noticed Arceus ?

Impossible to buy PS5 without these games.

So they went above even Fifa.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-06-07-horizon-forbidden-west-returns-to-no-1-due-to-ps5-bundles-uk-boxed-charts

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2022-06-07-horizon-forbidden-west-returns-to-no-1-due-to-ps5-bundles-uk-boxed-charts

Not in india. Only in certain regions. 

Bundles in india are from various retailers. Not from official sony

1 hour ago, Vaibhavp said:

Maybe. 

That doesn't explain the digital sales top 5 having both HFW and GT7. Add to that digital sales are higher compared to physical as per last annual report.

5 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Not in india. Only in certain regions. 

Bundles in india are from various retailers. Not from official sony

ShopAtSc is also one of those “various retailers” btw…

in fact they were the ones who started it first. 

24 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Maybe. 

That doesn't explain the digital sales top 5 having both HFW and GT7. Add to that digital sales are higher compared to physical as per last annual report.

Official bundles have digital copies for full price.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

One might even call it........ a scam

Sony:

jon stewart crying GIF

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Those who don't want the game, if they have a choice, should go for the regular version of the system. As simple as that.

I agree. But if there's only bundled versions, I think people will buy rather than wait, especially when PS5s go out of stock so quickly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

If Sony had faith in the quality of their games they wouldn't need to force people to buy them. 

I'm sure they have faith in the quality, these are PS Studios after all. But why would that stop them from making sure they get more money, and when they know they can. 

• Like 1

It's not as if they have bundled some indie bhindie with the system. 

They are bundling one of the must plays (so far) on the system and possibly a goty winner in 2022. 

If someone doesn't want it, he/she should wait for the vanilla version. It's not as if sony is pushing down bundles down throats. 

1 minute ago, gecko89 said:

I'm sure they have faith in the quality, these are PS Studios after all. But why would that stop them from making sure they get more money, and when they know they can. 

Yeah standard business practice this. If you can make more money selling bundles then why not. They make money from software sales - so makes sense to bundle and its nothing new .

Standard practice sure lmao. You guys have not left your homes before 2021 it seems. 

You mean there were no bundles before. Are you forgetting PS4 slim sold in bundles with games - like UC4 bundle / Spiderman etc .

1 minute ago, Krazyniks said:

You mean there were no bundles before. Are you forgetting PS4 slim sold in bundles with games - like UC4 bundle / Spiderman etc .

That wasn't ideal either, but you could ask shopkeeper to remove them and give you appropriate discount. They were always willing to do that.

Even the bundles used to be reasonably prices not just console price + MRP of games. 

Think, Mark, Think! 

True but that a different time than. These bundles started coming out midway of PS4 generation and yes prices were better than console + MRP .

But today situation is different. With stock shortage and demand . Can't expect discount on bundles. 

And Sony has the opportunity to take advantage of it so it's taking it . If other brands were in a position they would have done the same.  

It's not ideal yes . But it is what it is. And i don't think Horizon and GT7 are in top 5 because of the bundles. They are in top 5 because people are buying it . I mean how many consoles is Sony even selling in UK per week . Restock happens very rarely there as well . 

if it's because of bundle it would either impact physical sales or digital if it's bundled with a code .. Not both .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

They should just increase the MRP instead of doing underhanded scams like this to inflate software sales numbers to make the company look better to investors than it is (this does not imply the company is doing badly). 

If they want to make a quick buck by exploiting shortages, they should be upfront about it. I'd rather they just increase the price by 2.5k rather than try to shift a 2.5k game for 5k. Just creates unnecessary effort of having to sell it. 

Actually it's 20USD less than Console MRP + Game MRP. Increasing base price of the console will only piss off everyone, even the media will drag them out. This is more like a safe way to make more money, like any corporate company would do if they can, but not everyone has that kind of market power. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Why are bringing USD into it if the math is as simple as INR X + INR Y = INR X+Y? 

Apple increased their prices recently. Microsoft did too. I guess Sony doesn't have that kind of market power in a market where it has 90% share as per expert analysts. 

The original post was not from India. In India it isn't even an official bundle, sellers basically slapping the game to a console and asking to buy both or no sell. Apple and Microsoft are greedy, and so is Sony in their own way. 

I don't know what the f*** you are reading to get that 90% share number.

Edited by gecko89
  • Haha 2