The Playstation 5 thread

59 minutes ago, Vaibhavp said:

What does it do?

ALLM is Auto Low-Latency Mode. When a TV supports that feature, the TV automatically switches to Game Mode (for the lowest input latency possible) while playing games, and it would switch out of Game Mode if you watch a Movie/Video through the console. It's a useful feature for people who use the console as a media centre and watch movies/videos on the console.

In the previous update, Sony activated ALLM by default.

In my use case, I use the PS5 for games only and on my TV, the HDMI port I use for the PS5 is set to Game Mode by default. So, technically ALLM is not required for me.

Since it was forced by the console (and my TV supported it), there was a silly message on the top-right corner of the TV every time I turned on the console, every time I launch a game, and every time I quit the game and come back to the home screen, which was irritating to say the least.

Now, I can turn ALLM off.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VelivolusDas said:

ALLM is Auto Low-Latency Mode. When a TV supports that feature, the TV automatically switches to Game Mode (for the lowest input latency possible) while playing games, and it would switch out of Game Mode if you watch a Movie/Video through the console. It's a useful feature for people who use the console as a media centre and watch movies/videos on the console.

In the previous update, Sony activated ALLM by default.

In my use case, I use the PS5 for games only and on my TV, the HDMI port I use for the PS5 is set to Game Mode by default. So, technically ALLM is not required for me.

Since it was forced by the console (and my TV supported it), there was a silly message on the top-right corner of the TV every time I turned on the console, every time I launch a game, and every time I quit the game and come back to the home screen, which was irritating to say the least.

Now, I can turn ALLM off.

Thought it'd be something significant. Sounds like a non issue to me lol.

36 minutes ago, Kumar123 said:

If they're getting f**ked, what hope do we have?

Yeah, the con of digital purchases. You don't own it but just lease it.

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Guerilla + Insomniac + SSM

damn if Sony isn't undisputed king of games and gfx

I have a question. The performance VRR on Spider-Man is able to unlock slightly higher frame rates than here? What could be the reason? Is it the foliage ? Because even Spider-Man has a very lived in world to load 

36 minutes ago, RV1709 said:

I have a question. The performance VRR on Spider-Man is able to unlock slightly higher frame rates than here? What could be the reason? Is it the foliage ? Because even Spider-Man has a very lived in world to load 

Yes, performance VRR average fps was lying in 65-68 range, that big number at the bottom 

HFW is in my opinion much more heavy in terms of richness of the world compared to Miles

On 7/9/2022 at 8:32 PM, 0verlord said:

is it possible to copy ps4 screenshots and videos to a hard drive? currently it is only allowing copy to pendrives which are very slow and have low data capacity, making copy process too cumbersome

Make sure the external HDD is formatted to FAT32 before trying. I think the PS4 doesn't detect NTFS drives.

Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by VelivolusDas
  • Thanks 1

On 7/9/2022 at 8:32 PM, 0verlord said:

is it possible to copy ps4 screenshots and videos to a hard drive? currently it is only allowing copy to pendrives which are very slow and have low data capacity, making copy process too cumbersome

Why not download them to your phone directly using the PS App?