The Playstation 5 thread

39 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

I learnt that original dualsense battery is 1500mah and you can easily swap it out for a 3500mah one. Has anyone tried it?

I haven't tried it with Dualsense but I had a 2000mah aftermarket battery in DS4 which lasted for 10+ hrs.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 12:39 PM, Assassins Creed said:

Go with SN 850 been using that since a while no issues.. and certified by M Cerny himself !

Thanks bro. Got it without the heatsink. Bought a heatsink separately - as the model with heatsink attached was like 18£ more while 4 sets of heatsinks cost like 6£.

Can't wait for the living room setup (tv, surround speakers, nvidia shield pro and the PS5) to restart my gaming now :D

PlayStation Stars is a brand new loyalty program that celebrates you, the player, for being on this ever growing gaming journey with us. PlayStation Stars will be free to join when it launches later this year. Once you become a member, you’ll earn rewards by completing a variety of campaigns and activities. Our “Monthly Check-In” campaign simply requires you to play any game to receive a reward, while other campaigns require you to win tournaments, earn specific trophies, or even be the first player to platinum a blockbuster title in your local time zone.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/07/14/introducing-playstation-stars-an-all-new-loyalty-program/

• Like 2

- free to join

- get rewards by completing campaigns/activities/trophies etc.

- loyalty points can be redeemed (for PSN wallet funds for example)

- digital collectibles, including iconic characters "from games and other forms of entertainment" (Confirmed they are not NFTs - See Threadmarks)

- launching later this year

- PS+ subscribers will earn additional points to spend in the PS Store

- redeemable: standalone games, DLCs, collectibles + more in the future

- monthly check-in campaign

- unique special reward for the first player to get a platinum in their region

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Looks like a combination of Xbox Rewards & Steam's trading card / gamification. Hope it launches in India too, the Xbox Rewards program is US / EU only afaik

They have put it up on their Indian social media accounts so I am guessing it’s coming to India too. 

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, Vamos said:

Apparently, official faceplates will be priced at Rs 3999

People who paid almost 8k for dark plates will regret if this is true :giggle:

Where is this available for 4k? i m sure that is for digital version & disc version is 5k? 

Is this guy talking sh*t or it's the indian price? I need to buy a black one.

Edited by speeddemon

23 hours ago, speeddemon said:

Where is this available for 4k? i m sure that is for digital version & disc version is 5k? 

Is this guy talking sh*t or it's the indian price? I need to buy a black one.

He has been mostly right with this kind of insider news. 

No idea when it'll be available but both digital and disc versions are of the same price in other regions.